what the word "Huntard" does to you?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: what the word "Huntard" does to you?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

peanutbuttercup wrote:I've never been kicked from a group ever, nor harassed, nor asked to leave for being a hunter. And I've done quite a lot of random dungeons and raids and I've made mistakes just as anyone else has. Maybe it's more of a problem on some realms than others? Not sure what you can really do in those situations other than try to see the positive in it: "Thank goodness I'm not stuck with those idiots!" because you can imagine how bad the run would have been if you'd stayed around.

If you let it get to you then it's like letting them win. And I wouldn't let anyone have that satisfaction.

My raid leader has taken to calling me his favorite huntard. I'm proudly doing my best to fail to meet expectations. :)

I think your right about the realms. It's hardly a problem on mine or any of the oceanic ones I've been on.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Sukurachi wrote:
Valfreya wrote:The word doesnt bother me at all because it doesnt pertain to me.... You only hear the word huntard used if you mess up or something. Ive been in a pug with another hunter and he messed up pulling a huge group and wiped us, they called him a huntard not me lol.

Well, you've been lucky then.

I have joined a random group only to be immediately kicked simply for being a hunter. Accompanied by the obligatory "oh god, kick the huntard, get us some real DPS". This is before even starting the dungeon.

I've NEVER messed up while in a group. I haven't grouped enough to get that chance.

But no, "huntard" isn't only used for those who mess up. It's applied to the entire class. The general consensus is that ALL hunters are "huntards", because playing a hunter is "face roll".
Thats truely horrible, kicked for just being a hunter? Disgusting.

I dislike the term and have told ppl where to go when they use it. Had a 17 yr old deathknight use it in one guild once so I called him out on it. Soon shut his gob.

It's meant to be an insult to ppl who play the class which is wrong and stupid. If ppl just accept it then others think its ok and it should never be ok to put someone else down, no matter what they play or how they play.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

But also when people get upset over it and lash out that also drives the people saying it on to do it more. It's like bullies if you give them what they want they will keep doing it.

That also gives others the idea that they can use it to get people riled up too.
Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Woooow, all these stories about you guys getting kicked just for showing up is saddening. In a few weeks I should have my computer back, and I'll gladly healbot for anyone who may need to catch up with dungeons. I'm primarily Alliance, though. :\

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Nevish wrote:Woooow, all these stories about you guys getting kicked just for showing up is saddening. In a few weeks I should have my computer back, and I'll gladly healbot for anyone who may need to catch up with dungeons. I'm primarily Alliance, though. :\
That's very kind of you but I'm sure your not in the same group of realms as me XD Also I'm mostly horde.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

cowmuflage wrote:
Nevish wrote:Woooow, all these stories about you guys getting kicked just for showing up is saddening. In a few weeks I should have my computer back, and I'll gladly healbot for anyone who may need to catch up with dungeons. I'm primarily Alliance, though. :\
That's very kind of you but I'm sure your not in the same group of realms as me XD Also I'm mostly horde.
RiD grouping (only restrictions are faction (no cross faction grouping), and no cross over between US/EU servers)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Nevish
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Thunderhorn

Unread post by Nevish »

Makoes wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
RiD grouping (only restrictions are faction (no cross faction grouping), and no cross over between US/EU servers)
There's also the issue of how Virtual Realms will play out, too. Bah! We should all make a hunter realm and shoot anyone else who tries to get inside.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I for one won't tolerate that word used around me. I won't tolerate the R word used around me either for personal reasons. I do call someone out on it and to be honest I don't care if doing so only makes them do it more. Ill tell them to quit as many times as I have to. Using that word is insulting(at least to me). I see so many people telling others to "get over it" when they're called that and I don't believe that's right either, those people have a right to feel as they do. Truthfully if you feel the need to mark anyone with a negative name to belittle them or make you feel better about yourself then I pity your sad life. Those are the people I stay away from because they only crave negative attention. ><

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I kind of like it when people use the word. It's like a big flashing billboard that says "Hey ignore me now!! Do it now don't wait until you find out how childish and annoying I am! Ignore me before I keep talking!" So for me it's like a red light, stops you before you get in to a collision with on coming traffic.
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Hello, My name is Banard..Banard the Huntard.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Doctress wrote:I for one won't tolerate that word used around me. I won't tolerate the R word used around me either for personal reasons. I do call someone out on it and to be honest I don't care if doing so only makes them do it more. Ill tell them to quit as many times as I have to. Using that word is insulting(at least to me). I see so many people telling others to "get over it" when they're called that and I don't believe that's right either, those people have a right to feel as they do. Truthfully if you feel the need to mark anyone with a negative name to belittle them or make you feel better about yourself then I pity your sad life. Those are the people I stay away from because they only crave negative attention. ><
I'll have to completely agree with you on this.
But I think that sadly the overall attitude of a lot of players are very hostile, and they grab any chance they can to ridicule and insult other people. I'm surprised when I meet people that actually are nice. It happens so rarely now..
It's like this game is one big competition on who has the best gear, best damage and so on. And having fun is for many people making the game unenjoyable for other people. It's really sad.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Hilde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor eu

Unread post by Hilde »

For me it's more a self irony thing, which I tell myself when I derp up which there are many ways to do as a hunter.

Haven't really been called one by someone else though, and it doesn't do much to me that hunters have a bad rumor when I'm an individual.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I don't care what people call me in-game. Most of the time they are trolls or some other form of dumb shit, and they quickly tire out when I refuse to play with them or acknowledge them. Generally, they end up hanging themselves for me. The real fun ones are the people that get so bent out of shape that they misspell half the crap they're trying to call you. My favorite one was the guy that called me a "duche bag, Satin worshipping moran", to which I just said "Satin worship? What, did I forsake the all mighty Silk or something?"
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Only a Huntard, can call another huntard, huntard