Rare Pet Respawn Timers

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Rare Pet Respawn Timers

Unread post by Jadvya »

Thought I'd contribute something to the list of awesome guides here. :3 I've looked up all the tameable rares on Wowhead and found their respawn times, if available, then compiled them into one big, handly list here. Those with a question mark after them are guesswork, those with only two question marks, I had no information on. Most of these are from the Official World of Warcraft Atlas, which had all the respawn timers for vanilla rares; someone was going around and posting on aforementioned Wowhead.

If anyone has a solid account of any unverified respawn times, would you be a dear and post? I'll edit them in.

Names in bold means the skin is unique to that particular rare, an asterisk means they're exotic.

A
Aotona: 4-10 hours?
Araga: 21-32 hours
Arash-ethis: 5-8 hours
Arcturis*: 10-12 hours (Varies wildly)
Azzere the Skyblade: 4-6 hours

B
Barnabus: 21-32 hours
Big Samras: 10.5-16 hours
Bjarn: 5-10 minutes
Broken Tooth: ??

C
Chatter: 4-6 hours
Clack the Reaver: 10.5-16 hours
Clutchmother Zavas*: ??
Cranky Benj: 32-48 hours
Creepthess: 8.5-12.5 hours
Crusty: ??

D
Darkmist Widow: 5-8 hours
Dart: 5-8 hours
Death Flayer: 20-30 minutes
Death Howl: 21-32 hours
Deathmaw: 5-8 hours
Dishu: 1.5-2.5 hours
Duskstalker: 20-30 minutes

E
The Evalcharr*: 32-48 hours

G
Giggler: 10.5-16 hours
Gondria*: 6-10 hours
Gorefang: 1.5-2.5 hours
Goretooth: ??
Greater Firebird: ??
Gretheer: 21-32 hours
Grubthor*: 10.5-16 hours
Grunter: 32-48 hours

H
Haarka the Ravenous*: ??
Hayoc: ??
Humar the Pridelord: 8-12 hours

I
Ironback: 10.5-16 hours

K
King Krush*: 4-10 hours?
King Mosh*: 32-48 hours?
Krellack: 10.5-16 hours
Krethis Shadowspinner: 1.5-2.5 hours
Kurmokk: 32-48 hours

L
Lapress*: 32-48 hours
Large Loch Crocolisk: ??
Leech Widow: 4-6 hours
Lord Condar: 4-6 hours
Loque'nahak*: 4-10 hours?
Lupos: 4-6 hours

M
Mazzranache: 20-30 minutes
Mist Howler: 8.5-12.5 hours
Mongress: 32-48 hours
Mother Fang: 5-10 minutes
Murderous Blisterpaw: ??

N
Naraxis: 5-8 hours
Nuramoc*: ??

O
Old Cliff Jumper: 10.5-16 hours
Old Grizzlegut: 32-48 hours
Old Vicejaw: 5-10 minutes
Olm the Wise: 21-32 hours
Oozeworm*: 32-48 hours

R
The Rake: 20-30 minutes
Rak'Shiri: 10.5-16 hours
Ravage: 10.5-16 hours
Razormaw Matriarch: 5-8 hours
The Razza*: 4-8 hours
Rekk'tilac: 21-32 hours
Ressan the Needler: 20-30 minutes
Ripscale: 10.5-16 hours

S
Scalebeard: 5-8 hours
Sewer Beast: ??
Shadowclaw: 1.5-2.5 hours
Shanda the Spinner: 4-6 hours
Silithid Ravager*: ??
Skoll*: 10-12 hours
Snarler: 5-8 hours
Snort the Heckler: 2-3 hours
Soriid the Devourer: ??
Spiteflayer: 10.5-16 hours
Sri'skulk: 20-30 minutes
Strider Clutchmother: 5-10 minutes

T
Takk the Leaper: 4-6 hours
Terror Spinner: ??
Timber: 5-10 minutes

U
Uhk'loc: 6-8 hours
Ursol'lok: 10.5-16 hours

V
Vile Sting: ??
Vultros: 21-32 hours

Z
Zaricotl: 5-8 hours

Last edited by Jadvya on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Nelium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Detheroc/Nesingwary/Frostwolf

Re: Rare Pet Respawn Timers

Unread post by Nelium »

I know that is took exactly 12 hours for another Arcturis to spawn after I tamed mine. I was helping a friend at the time and we both wanted the spirit bear.

Oh, and this is a very good idea! Thank you for posting this I am sure it will be very helpful. :D
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Jadvya »

I'll make it 10-12 hours, just to be safe. And thanks!

And whoops, forgot to include Skoll! I'll put him up as 10-12 hours, too.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Wow, is the spawn timer on Ressan really that small?! I figured it was at least an hour..

But great job so far! I've had a few Nuramoc encounters, but nothing to solidify a timer. Will let you know if I come across anything. =)

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Jadvya »

Someone on Wowhead recorded a starting-zone rare as having a 20-30 minute respawn, can't remember which rare it was, but for starting-zone rares it seems a heck of a lot more likely than the 1.5-2.5 hours in the Atlas.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Jadvya wrote:Someone on Wowhead recorded a starting-zone rare as having a 20-30 minute respawn, can't remember which rare it was, but for starting-zone rares it seems a heck of a lot more likely than the 1.5-2.5 hours in the Atlas.
Mazzranche is confirmed at 30 minutes give or take. I found his corpse on Embront when I decided to go for him, waited around, lo and behold 30 mins later there's my pink flamingo.
I know that is took exactly 12 hours for another Arcturis to spawn after I tamed mine. I was helping a friend at the time and we both wanted the spirit bear.
Arcturis Spawn timer isn't set in stone; someone camped him for a few days straight after the patch went live that he was in, and didn't get him till the third day, and others have camped for more than 12 hours straight for him. So I'm betting 6-12 hours minimum for his respawn time.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I've seen the Strider Clutchmother respawn in under 5 minutes, but I don't know if that is typical.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Someone on my server just got Arcturis tonight after a 21 hour search. Now, I don't know if he/she camped that entire time, but it sure sounded like it. That would go with what I've heard before of Arcturis having a very long spawn timer, or even completely random (short to long).

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Rhyela wrote:Someone on my server just got Arcturis tonight after a 21 hour search. Now, I don't know if he/she camped that entire time, but it sure sounded like it. That would go with what I've heard before of Arcturis having a very long spawn timer, or even completely random (short to long).
The Spirit Beasts can spawn anywhere inbetween their usual 10-12, 6-12, 7-24, etc. spawn times. Makes for very hard camping because you have to full-on be at your computer for those hours to make sure the Spirit Beasts don't spawn inbetween and you lose them.

Happened to me with Arc; I thought I had his spawn down to the minute because I saw him get killed right in front of me and noted the time, came back around eleven or so hours later (he has the 10-12 hours spawn time as said above) and he wasn't there. Waited the extra hour and he never showed, so my spawn time was off by a little.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Nice list. :)

And wow, some have really long timers.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Thank you for making this list!! It will come into use for me once the new stable slots come. Sticky?????

I tamed Arc last night at 11:04 pm server time. Which would make it exactly 12 hours if someone nabbed him right at server restart at 11am. The player who had contacted me about him said 'she' walked over there and he was already there and that was at 11:02 pm. So my guess is 12 hours is a more accurate then 10.

But great list. Going to be so useful for me and others.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I just found Arcturis again. The person who tamed him last night on my server did so around 9:00 p.m., after having supposedly camping for 21 hours. I killed him (no one wanted him, no one in the Petopians channel could get him, so I did it :( ) a little after 6:00 p.m., which would be 21 hours after his last sighting. Either coincidence or an indicator that he has a spawn timer around 21 hours.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Nice list! :)

I agree with Teigan, I've seen Clutchmother respawn VERY fast on some occassions. Other times I've found myself waiting around for a good long while. Well, a long while for me, being the less than patient sort...

My Skoll respawned exactly 23 hours after Phyra got hers. I obviously don't know if he spawned in between those two tames, but he was on the dot.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Glori

Unread post by Glori »

Humar must be lower than 8-12h, as I tamed him maybe 3-4h ago, and now he's there again. :)
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

im still againts the timer idea yeah maybe there might be but you have to kill a rare to set it off
i found a post ages ago that no northenland area can have two rares in the same plave
so loque and krush cant be up at the same time say you kill/tame krush then 4 hours later loque shows up

bah im sure i could word a ticket enough to get to talk to one and not ask any 'hint given' questions .... or just camp a rare
ie
Arcturis ... and sit at his one spawn point and watch him see how long he is up how long it takes him to come back and maybe bribe a few others to hang about in the other rares places and do the same
but that means getting 10+ people >.<

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

From my observations, you can take it or leave it :)

Gondria: 21-23 hour respawn timer. I found her consistantly 5 days in a row at the same time this week and was able to get Gondria tamed for various folks.

Skoll - 21-23 hour respawn timer. The prior week I timed it for 4-5 people to get Skoll.

Loque'nahak and King Krush do NOT share a timer, but each seems to respawn roughly 8.5 hours after they were last killed or tamed. (Meaning if King Krush was just killed, he should roughly respawn 8.5 hours later.). Please see my 'I've tamed the king' posting for verification.

NOTE:

Old World spawns (IE Those not in Outland or Northrend) respawn faster than those in the expansions.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Phyra wrote:Gondria: 21-23 hour respawn timer. I found her consistantly 5 days in a row at the same time this week and was able to get Gondria tamed for various folks.
I've seen Gondria respawn after thirteen hours.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

Maybe it alternates?

There was -one- time where we saw Skoll do a 12.5 HR respawn. It was only once after we had consistantly seen him there at the 23-24 hour mark every day.

I know we had folks looking to tame Gondria last night and were circling her points at the 11-13 hour point with no success. We had a person in the Petopians channel confirm their morning tame.
Saphyera
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by Saphyera »

:?: LOL OMG really? 10-12 Hours for Arcturis? I spent my first day at lvl 74 waiting for 13 hours for him to show up and it never happened. Im horrible, my oldest son and oldest Daughter even sat in for me for bathroom breaks. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone tell me where abouts North of Amberpine Lodge? Is it up top by the lodge, or is it down between the cliff, and the river?
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Saphyera wrote::?: LOL OMG really? 10-12 Hours for Arcturis? I spent my first day at lvl 74 waiting for 13 hours for him to show up and it never happened. Im horrible, my oldest son and oldest Daughter even sat in for me for bathroom breaks. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone tell me where abouts North of Amberpine Lodge? Is it up top by the lodge, or is it down between the cliff, and the river?
I actually believe Arcturis to be something closer to a 21 hour timer. Someone on my realm had tamed him and announced it, he said he had camped him for 21 hours. The next day, about exactly 21 hours later, I found him myself. I'm beginning to think that these rares have long spawn timers of 21-24 hours, but occasionally also spawn at the halfway mark of 10.5-12 hours (which would explain why some people say they've waited 30-some hours...they probably missed one of the halfway spawn times). And he pretty much stays on the cliffy area but does pat down a little closer to the river. There's a good map here. Basically right on top of the "B" in "Amberpine Lodge" on your map. :) Good luck!