SUGGESTION: New Storm Crow Hunter Pet <Spoilers> WAIN C'MERE

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

SUGGESTION: New Storm Crow Hunter Pet <Spoilers> WAIN C'MERE

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Some information from Patch 5.4 is included in this forum, if you do not want to have any spoilers of any kind:

TURN BACK NOW.

Wain I may need your support on this, if this suggestion is to even be considered!

With the release of Siege of Orgrimmar, a new Mount Model was released:

I dug a bit deeper, and here's what I found,

Credit to Qraljar on Wow-Petopia for finding this image.
Here's what I am thinking:

Storm Crow Model (unsaddled) that was mentioned before, also can fit the species of Storm Crow that the Druids use, making it very possible for a tamable pet version of the NPC to come about. (However, it should be it's own pet family, reason being, it wouldn't really work in the Bird of Prey section.)
Here's why I think this:
Storm Crows are beasts, and often tamable by hunters, the Daggercap Hawks were first released in WOLTK, and it was a HUGE step for hunters, being able to tame a Storm Crow with the Night Elf Druid appearance. Daggercap Hawks shared the SAME exact set of animations that Druids did in Flight Form unlike their Level 68 Counterpart the Fjord Crow takes on the more average Bird of Prey animations but share the same model.

Daggercap Hawk

Fjord Crow

The Storm Crow, that shows previously, looks like it would have electrical pulses (similar to Skoll), and because he is a more lightning-based Spirit Beast, it would indicate that a Storm Crow could fit very well into the Spirit Beast family. Just make the scale of the model average sized and let us hunters tame the beast, however, make it have some form of difficulty to get, so that way it is rewarding to have a storm crow like that. (Despite my hunters gear, I would gear him out just to tame that Storm Crow and raid with it.)
I can for see a Storm Crow being a Spirit Beast, it makes a lot more sense to me than a Spirit Beast Porcupine (my opinion). And I would much rather see a Storm Crow in the game.
I'd honestly, like to see a Storm Crow (of that model) get it's own Pet Family, but if not, it would fit very well in the Spirit Beast tree here's why:

If the Storm Crow is summoned during the Dark Shaman fight, or part of the pre-trash Shamans to the Dark Shaman encounter, then it would make a lot of sense for them to be Spirit Beasts, as wowwiki states: Spirit beasts are the embodied spirits of the natural world. They are naturally incorporeal, but may take a true physical form to fight for the druid or shaman who called them. Fighting a spirit beast is harrowing, as the creature phases in and out of existence, rarely appearing in the same place twice during battle. Spirit beasts appear like regular animals, but bear glowing auras and are slightly translucent, even when visible.

Now some may argue: "Well the Storm Crow maybe under the control of the Druid/Shaman who summoned them."

Here's my counter-argument: The Grimtotem Spirit Guide. That's right, I am going way back to the 'ye-ole days'.
Notice how the Grimtotem Spirit-Shifter would summon the Spirit Guide, and they were tameable. (Their tame-ability was removed on 1/14/2008 - Reason: "Undead appearance did not fit with the Hunter class."), BUT with the introduction of Spirit Beasts in Wrath of the Lich King, completely erases that argument. PLUS, the Spirit-Shifter (who was indeed a Shaman) had to summon the Spirit Guide.

Others will also say: "Well if the Shaman/Druid has direct control of the Storm Crow, then what?"

I find that difficult to believe, because if they are Spirit Beasts, then they are only embodied Spirits in a Physical Form, allowing them to fight. Here's what this means:
The Shaman/Druid is only calling the spirit, who is taking on a physical form. In other words: They have only control of the Spirit, if the Shaman/Druid dies while the Spirit is summoned, it terminates the control, allowing tame-ability, and only a Hunter can truly control a Spirit Beast directly. Where as a Shaman/Druid can only control them indirectly. Do you guys remember Har'koa in Zul'Drak that we needed to help her, but she was chained by Shamans. Har'koa is indeed a Spirit Beast, and ALL of the beasts you help in the Zul'Drak Altars, are Spirit Beasts (technically speaking). And at all the Altars they are located at (aside from Sseratus, the Serpent Spirit Beast, and Quetz'lun, the Eternal Serpent Spirit Beast, both in which are dead.) they are all chained by Shamans? The Shaman has control over the Physical Form, but not much control, and once we free them (more specifically Akali, the Rhino Spirit Beast), they go on a killing rampage of their subduers and they become friendly with us, as we progress down the quest chain to kill the Zul'Drak troll leaders.

In conclusion, here's how I can see this Potential Spirit Beast being added into the game:
Before the Dark Shaman encounter, there are 10-15 Elite Subduers that you must kill, and then a Mini-Boss being summoned, ordering the Storm Crow to attack the raid, and you make a choice, allowing the Hunter to tame the Storm Crow but defeating the Mini-Boss first, however, defeating the Storm Crow results in a Hunter Pet version of the pet to drop (I am not sure how the mechanics of that would work).
OR:
Make it a Solo-Scenario, similar to the Kanrethad encounter, where you have a set amount of mechanics that you need to follow, and after you deal a certain amount of damage to the boss, he/she summons a Storm Crow, in which you tame, but it only lasts 10 minutes. You finish the encounter and your reward is a Storm Crow pet (of that model).

Battle.net Forum Post
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9485038536

Please bump the post and this thread, I need all the support I can get if we want to make this happen.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: SUGGESTION: New Storm Crow Hunter Pet <Spoilers> WAIN C'

Unread post by Castile »

Id actually like to see that model for an updated druid form rather than a pet. Just my opinion as i love my druid as much as my hunter :D Cool idea tho!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:Id actually like to see that model for an updated druid form rather than a pet. Just my opinion as i love my druid as much as my hunter :D Cool idea tho!
Agreed x1000

Hunter's have gotten so many pets. Druids need a bit of lovins too!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

i just want it to be a mount instead of either.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Step one, give druids this as a new form.

Step two, commence taming and/or mounting of druids.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Slickrock wrote:Step one, give druids this as a new form.

Step two, commence taming and/or mounting of druids.
Already have stag form for mounting.
No for the taming of druids. :|

But yeah. Druids could use some glyphs or something for bird form. The epic flight form is already super nice. It was one of the first really good models they made. The low level ones though? Eeeeegh. Needs some work. Not saying that stormcrow should be a low level druid flight, but it would still be nice to have as an option.

Siggy under construction!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Hmmmm, why do I see Blizzard adding the unsaddled version as a new Spirit Beast somewhere in the future?
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I love the idea of this being a Spirit Beast! :)

I also agree that it should be a Druid model, though

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I had seen the previous thread on this, but never replied. That is pretty cool that the ankles are the only thing keeping this from being a wild beast model. This would have otherwise been a great addition to the Isle of Thunder wildlife.

I will mention it to Noah, just in case.

But I should warn you that the art teams sound like they're very busy. Well, I guess it's obvious that they *are* very busy producing new things! Anyway, it seems like it's hard to just request things of them. We got lucky with the request for those those new pet icons, but whoever is doing icons seems very happy to go out of their way to make as many as possible right now. Plus it's a bit different to model work :)

There are a few other mounts that could become wild beasts with just a few tweaks like this (including the hawkstrider and the pvp model riding wolf), but they've never got around to it. They probably need just the right motivation. And by "motivation" I don't mean "a case of whisky" (though maybe that would help!?!) but rather a justification of their time to produce a modified model for a new area or raid or the Store or something. That's my gut feeling, anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

confirmed mount.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Wain wrote:I had seen the previous thread on this, but never replied. That is pretty cool that the ankles are the only thing keeping this from being a wild beast model. This would have otherwise been a great addition to the Isle of Thunder wildlife.

I will mention it to Noah, just in case.

But I should warn you that the art teams sound like they're very busy. Well, I guess it's obvious that they *are* very busy producing new things! Anyway, it seems like it's hard to just request things of them. We got lucky with the request for those those new pet icons, but whoever is doing icons seems very happy to go out of their way to make as many as possible right now. Plus it's a bit different to model work :)

There are a few other mounts that could become wild beasts with just a few tweaks like this (including the hawkstrider and the pvp model riding wolf), but they've never got around to it. They probably need just the right motivation. And by "motivation" I don't mean "a case of whisky" (though maybe that would help!?!) but rather a justification of their time to produce a modified model for a new area or raid or the Store or something. That's my gut feeling, anyway.
The case of whiskey will definitely help, just don't tell them of course :D
ashdawn wrote:i just want it to be a mount instead of either.
ashdawn wrote:confirmed mount.
This is no new information, one of the very first sentences of the post was:
Lazurianis wrote: With the release of Siege of Orgrimmar, a new Mount Model was released:

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

I saw a mount item called the stormcrow saying you can learn it at level 20.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

ashdawn wrote:I saw a mount item called the stormcrow saying you can learn it at level 20.
Seems like it's going to be another Invincible all over again.

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I sure as hell hope not.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine