Female Worgen Revealed...

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Female Worgen Revealed...

Unread post by Ana »

Lazuly wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I think increasing the polygons and perhaps updating the textures of the old models would be an excellent move. It would be hard for Blizzard to redo them from the ground up due to people having known the same models for years. Any drastic changes regarding someone's character like that is extremely risky and usually met with backlash. I can't see there being any problems on just improving the quality of the existing ones however.
Didn't EQ (or EQ2? I'm not sure) upgrade their player models, and because the playerbase had many people who didn't like the new models, they made the upgrade optional? Like either there was a box you had to check in order to view the new models for each race, and if you chose not to, then the player models stayed the same.

Blizzard could do something like that.
yes EQ1 had/have a box like that :) Everquest 2 does not .. i think... never checked for it tbh.. but i know EQ1 had

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Senna-Umbreon well yeah that maybe ture to show feralness but they still could of given them atleast 4 little ones heck the males allready have 1 pair sticking out how hard would it be to of put 1 more pair in? would not change there overall look of being tame but solidate that fact they still have a feral side and have not truely taken control of there selves if they did have control there would be no werewolf part to them and would just be humans.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I always thought those fangs were really ugly...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Senna-Umbreon wrote: Not the Worgens' fault that they look a lot like "cats" or "rats" who look way too much like wolves.
Accually i never thougth those charecters looked like wolves until i saw the new female worgen model :P ...beside these models in EQ2 came out way before worgens.. so maybe the blizzards developers have copy pasted alittle to much :) ^^

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Senna-Umbreon wrote: Not the Worgens' fault that they look a lot like "cats" or "rats" who look way too much like wolves.
Accually i never thougth those charecters looked like wolves until i saw the new female worgen model :P ...beside these models in EQ2 came out way before worgens.. so maybe the blizzards developers have copy pasted alittle to much :) ^^
Or maybe EQ2 just failed at cats and rats? Just cause they look a lot like the Worgen doesn't mean Blizzard copied them.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

true :) hehe
Aww Vah Shir was my favorite class... but now they just look like a crossbreede between a cat and a wolf :P

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Isnt there gunna be a race of catmen in cata? I'm sure there is can anyone back that up or am i going crazy?
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

I'm down with a sinus infection, haven't been on as often as I'd like, and between bed and antibiotics, the computer's been the least of my worries of late.
However, I showed these WIP pics to a friend who's never played WoW and I've apparently convinced him to save up for a better computer so he can play on the servers I'm located on. It appears I am also a bad influence XD

I have to say I'm honestly happy with the way the femmes differentiate from the bigger, muscular males. I'm going to say that whilst they appear less intimidating and more cutesy, there's still zero reason for someone to make the mistake of turning their backs on one...lest you'd like 'em to take a neat little slab out of your backside.

Looks aside, it's a work in progress true, but it's Blizzard and 'WIP' in their terms normally means 'we're just about done with it'.
I'm looking at the bottom lefthand shot on pic #2 and top left shot on pic #4 especially. I'm getting truly nice vibes from those images alone. They look angry, they feel angry, hell I'm definitely going to be playing more than one just from those two shots alone. I'm hoping that there's an option to go sans hair like there's been for every other race thus far.

I truly can't care a smeg less if they look too cutesy for some or too hybridish for others. No one's forcing you to play the race, folks. We all have our preferentials. This just appeals to me simply because it's a step away from what's considered a 'normal' race...well as normal as one can get on Azeroth to begin with. As sick as I am, I know what I'm going to be sketching tonight. Definitely Ravencrypt and Wintercress and however many sisters I plan to give the girl.

I do love those fur shades too...quite exceptionally taken by that grey/white combo. Appeals to the creator in me, and I might have just worked out what could be Laz's future when all the hyperactivity nonsense for them has all died down...

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

cowmuflage wrote:Isnt there gunna be a race of catmen in cata? I'm sure there is can anyone back that up or am i going crazy?
Nope, your not crazy. The race is called Tol'vir and according to the one line sentence on them on WOWWiki they are a race of "stone-like cat people" found in Uldum.

Probably they'll just be reskinned models of the tigon models used for High Priest Thekal and High Priestess Arlokk.

And it is funny, or odd, that Blizz didn't just reskin Arlokk's panther form to create the female worgen since Arlokk's model is noticeably female and constructed in away that it doesn't give impression that Blizz just attached two bumps to a male tigon model to make a female tigon. But the excuse or reason for not doing that in the first place would be the head would probably look wrong and/or they wanted to give the female worgens a more graceful look.
Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

i actually liked the idea someone posted on the EU-forums of snakeman (evolved nagas or something ) joining the horde

and pandaren joining the alliance

although those snakeman are stolen idea from Warlord BattleCry 3 but its such an old game that nobody knows XD

so blizzard adding those wouldnt be bad ;)

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 1&pageNo=1
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

Actually made a full rant of it earlier today. The problem is the muzzle. It is an easy fix.

http://frisket17.deviantart.com/journal/32312443

TLDR:

Here Blizzard. I fixed it for you:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/F ... emFix1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/F ... emFix2.jpg
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Tårnfalk wrote:[...] .. or the rat race in everquest 2....
Ratonga.

Lazuly wrote:Didn't EQ (or EQ2? I'm not sure) upgrade their player models, and because the playerbase had many people who didn't like the new models, they made the upgrade optional? Like either there was a box you had to check in order to view the new models for each race, and if you chose not to, then the player models stayed the same.
EQ2 definitely did. I used the new models, but my husband preferred the old models. EQ1 may have -- I don't remember, but it would make sense considering how long they've been out. AC1 updated the character faces but did not give players a choice about the change.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Good suggestions.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Phyra I beg of you to tell or send that to Blizzard. Okay even if it is a WIP, but as you stated this is a easy fix and shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Phyra wrote:Actually made a full rant of it earlier today. The problem is the muzzle. It is an easy fix.

TLDR:

It's simply amazing how your very small, easily implemented skin changes turn the face from "meh" to "awesome!". Thank you so much for finding exactly what was putting me off these models. I'm amazed it was that simple, for my tastes anyway. :lol:

You need to submit this to Blizz, I'd pop it over on the sudgestion forums and/or the cataclysm ones if you haven't already. I figure that if the male BE was changed, we have a shot at making this right.

Oh, side note. I love your artwork. Been a silent fan of your stuff for a few years now. Sorry, creepy stalker moment over. >.>

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Phyra wrote:Actually made a full rant of it earlier today. The problem is the muzzle. It is an easy fix.

TLDR:

Sweet! That fixes the deer feel for me completely! And you explained it so well.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

Thank ya'll very kindly for the comments towards the tweaks I did. Like I mentioned, it really will take very little to make them look 'wolf' like instead of ...well.. dear-mouse-pitbull-lawlwut.

@Sonata
I've had a lot of folks ask me to submit my tweaks. Seriously, the tweaks were done in roughly 5 minutes after I got home from work and saw what the hubby pointed out to me as being the new female worgen. :/ Really not a lot of detailed input on my part, just scribbling a bigger nose and straighter muzzle line :D

But I do appreciate the suggestion. I just don't think I'd be heard very well in a lot of the WoW forums (be it Catacylsm, Suggestions, or (the oh gods) General). Everyone has their own opinions, and some feel the female worgen are fine as is. I don't, personally, and that's my own little opinion.

TLDR/Nutshell: Afraid my suggestion/quick tweak would be shot down/criticized faster than the fat kid gets on cake if posted in the forums. Already gained enough commentary towards folks looking at the worgen sketches I did a while back.
That and it'd totally be lost in the shuffle of things.

@ Moonlost

Truly nice to meet other folks that are cross-website (Ha. See what I did there? Cross website... cross faction/server. Shh). But thank you kindly. Appreciate it a lot :)

The BEs were changed, and some folks are STILL complaining about the changes. Though, I guess you cannot make everyone happy, only try and get to a middle ground.

Also, ever on the server Ysera, drop me a line :}

@ Mania

Thank you very kindly. And should you ever get in Alpha/Beta, and the chance to really rib in there, feel free to poke those suggestions at them. You hold more weight than I could ever in my opinions ;)
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Phyra wrote:Thank ya'll very kindly for the comments towards the tweaks I did. Like I mentioned, it really will take very little to make them look 'wolf' like instead of ...well.. dear-mouse-pitbull-lawlwut.

@Sonata
I've had a lot of folks ask me to submit my tweaks. Seriously, the tweaks were done in roughly 5 minutes after I got home from work and saw what the hubby pointed out to me as being the new female worgen. :/ Really not a lot of detailed input on my part, just scribbling a bigger nose and straighter muzzle line :D

But I do appreciate the suggestion. I just don't think I'd be heard very well in a lot of the WoW forums (be it Catacylsm, Suggestions, or (the oh gods) General). Everyone has their own opinions, and some feel the female worgen are fine as is. I don't, personally, and that's my own little opinion.

TLDR/Nutshell: Afraid my suggestion/quick tweak would be shot down/criticized faster than the fat kid gets on cake if posted in the forums. Already gained enough commentary towards folks looking at the worgen sketches I did a while back.
That and it'd totally be lost in the shuffle of things.

@ Moonlost

Truly nice to meet other folks that are cross-website (Ha. See what I did there? Cross website... cross faction/server. Shh). But thank you kindly. Appreciate it a lot :)

The BEs were changed, and some folks are STILL complaining about the changes. Though, I guess you cannot make everyone happy, only try and get to a middle ground.

Also, ever on the server Ysera, drop me a line :}

@ Mania

Thank you very kindly. And should you ever get in Alpha/Beta, and the chance to really rib in there, feel free to poke those suggestions at them. You hold more weight than I could ever in my opinions ;)
Hehee..someone's already posted your idea on the forums. And I backed them up. Your changes are simple but they complete the female and make her look right.
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

mpd_84 wrote: though personally i wish they had hired Kyoht or goldenwolf for the designs.those two can draw some NICE werewolves...
I <3 Goldenwolf's art and tottally aggree

(http://goldenwolfen.com/ <---- for anyone who doesn't know who Goldenwolf is. I wish I could draw/paint that good)

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Mania wrote:

TLDR:

Sweet! That fixes the deer feel for me completely! And you explained it so well.
Wow, that really does fix it!

Death leads to life
Life leads to death