barrens quests gone in 5.4

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

barrens quests gone in 5.4

Unread post by Slickrock »

just a note here for those who are doing the current barrens content. In case you hadn't heard, the barrens quests are gone in 5.4, and if you are Alliance you'll find that Voljin is hostile to you again. So if you have radical mojo you haven't turned in for the pet, don't wait too long, and don't farm up too much of the barrens supplies for the weekly.

and if you don't have the 24-slot bag yet that is a rare drop from there, you might want to farm for that a bit now.
Account has been closed at user's request.
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Re: barrens quests gone in 5.4

Unread post by dragonaa »

oh great i just start these and then the y go :(

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

so any guesses at just how far away this patch is?

I'd like to at least have time to get the mini-pet, but I SO hate doing the farming of the 150 of each item.

I'm presuming a couple of weeks at least?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

All brawlers guild-ers also should make sure you got your boxing glove item just in case they don't feel like reintroducing that item -- potentially making 2 achievements un-achievable at that point.

I gotta go grab the title on an Alliance toon, to have it... and then make sure I grab some silly souvenirs -- I'm thinking Xan'tish's flute and the whole-body shrinka'!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This is a good point. You only need one week to get the pet, and if you stick to groups of people killing the bosses (which appear on the zone map) you can farm your 150 of each pretty quickly. The bosses are NOT faction tagged so you can just follow along solo. If you just stick to regular NPCs it'll take a lot longer but you'll also get more loot along the way.

If you're into the Brawler's Guild, you also need a Radical Mojo to buy "Raptorhide Boxing Gloves", which start a guild quest. I've never handed in the quest but I would guess they'll add a new source for the gloves in 5.5 if they're that important (but don't take my word on that!)

As for gear that will go missing (when you can no longer get Mojo and Latent Kor'kron pieces), as far as I can tell there's only one piece with a unique look, (i.e. no alternative source), the boots of the DK set: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=960. So if you have a DK and want this look for transmog you might want to grab those boots now. Almost all other looks that were used on these Barrens pieces are also used on the "Replica" pieces sold at the Darkmoon Faire, and the few that aren't seem to have alternative sources. When they introduced these old-style looks I wondered why they chose ones that were already readily available, but now I see why.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Sukurachi wrote:so any guesses at just how far away this patch is?

I'd like to at least have time to get the mini-pet, but I SO hate doing the farming of the 150 of each item.

Every bit of that. It will be a couple weeks after the first "release" candidate pops up on PTR, and we are a fair bit away from that. The numbers run hasn't been done, and theres tons more raid testing to go, including 10H, 25N, 25H, Flex and the rest of LFR. I would say PTR is still going on for 4-8 more weeks at least.

And as Wain mentioned, hitting 150 of each resource can be quick and painless. On Tuesday, fly out to the barrens and look on your map for Commanders. Groups usually form quickly as these mobs are open tap to both factions. Not much time investment for a quick 200 valor and a mojo!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

*Groan* right...need to get that hydra pet...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

May wanna check the AH to for pet. At least on my realm, I've had 2 I have been trying to sell for a couple weeks now. I think the last one sold for 300g. They are plentiful because people do the quest for the quick and easy valor, and end up with a mojo and theres only so many uses for them, so the pet is a way to dump the mojo and make a quick buck for many, on my server at least. Prices drop on Tuesday and Wednesday and steadily climb to around 500-700 by Monday seems.

Almost thinking of giving mine away, sick of the bag space being lost.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Hmmm never thought to check the AH...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Slickrock

I'm going to stockpile some of the pets to sell in about a year or so...
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

That isn't a half bad idea... assuming they don't make it available elsewhere (I kinda think they will but thats me)
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

According to WCP the pet will not be going away: "Ghaz'rooki is being converted to a rare drop."

http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/gahzro ... -drop-5-4/

For folks who don't want to farm up the pet themselves, as others have pointed out it's pretty cheap on most realms, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick one up if you'd rather spend your time somewhere outside of Barrens.
Wain wrote:If you're into the Brawler's Guild, you also need a Radical Mojo to buy "Raptorhide Boxing Gloves", which start a guild quest. I've never handed in the quest but I would guess they'll add a new source for the gloves in 5.5 if they're that important (but don't take my word on that!)
Now this I'm curious about - I can't imagine it will simply vanish. I didn't even know there was a Brawler's Guild item on the vendor until weeks after the patch came out, so I did have to go back and farm up another Radical Mojo. So yes, if you are a Brawler's Guild completionist I would recommend picking up this quest item while it's easy to get (other Brawler's Guild quest items are RNG based, so at least this one is 100% guaranteed "drop" for anyone with the Radical Mojo to buy it).
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I guess if you want Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes, you best be farming a lot of wood before the patch too.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

SpiritBinder wrote:I guess if you want Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes, you best be farming a lot of wood before the patch too.
Eugh, that took me 2 hours and I got a bag full of greens and, like, four boe blues.
I feel bad if you still have to farm, not a thing I'd want to do ever again.
Unless you're not like me and you go bits at a time.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I believe there was a mention that it would be gone in patch 5.4, I just don't recall when or where.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

I started to collect some hydra mini's and give them away within the guild ... if there is like a guild lotto or something related as a prize. Just seems easier to get it now while its not a rare drop or removed from the game. =S

signature by spiritbinder
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Quests? After the initial few, there is only one that I know of and it's terribly boring. They would have been much better off with a series of dailies instead of a boring weekly quest and Commanders that are impossible to kill. At least then people would have a reason to log in every day.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Quivering wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:so any guesses at just how far away this patch is?

Every bit of that. It will be a couple weeks after the first "release" candidate pops up on PTR, and we are a fair bit away from that. The numbers run hasn't been done, and theres tons more raid testing to go, including 10H, 25N, 25H, Flex and the rest of LFR. I would say PTR is still going on for 4-8 more weeks at least.

And as Wain mentioned, hitting 150 of each resource can be quick and painless. On Tuesday, fly out to the barrens and look on your map for Commanders. Groups usually form quickly as these mobs are open tap to both factions. Not much time investment for a quick 200 valor and a mojo!
Unless you're on a server where nobody is even trying to kill Commanders and on the rare occasion you do get 3 people together, you still can't kill them. This model for a patch is the worst yet. Bring back the dailies.
Slickrock

Well, with the virtual realms, that should not be as much of an issue. But it's also the reason I farmed up 6 weeks worth of barrens mats on some toons when there were a lot of people out there.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Danielfboone wrote:Unless you're on a server where nobody is even trying to kill Commanders and on the rare occasion you do get 3 people together, you still can't kill them. This model for a patch is the worst yet. Bring back the dailies.
Well that royally sucks. I figured the valor alone would be enough to entice people to want to do it, enough to get a group up anyway. :(