Sha Possessed Hunter Pet Glitch - Info Needed

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Sha Possessed Hunter Pet Glitch - Info Needed

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Greetings everyone, there is a buffed called Sha Possessed in the game, however I am not sure how it is 'acquired' per se.
Wowhead Link -- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=120398

I have seen a handful of hunters with their hunter pets having this buff, however, I am not sure how it is buffed onto the pet or even what NPC/Item it comes from.

Any information helps, thank you.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Sha Possessed Hunter Pet Glitch - Info Needed

Unread post by Equeon »

Back in early 5.1, it was possible to tame all "buff pets" again by simultaneously killing, reviving, and taming a wild beast. While this could include those pets with buffs that actually boost their stats, we Petopians weren't fools and only tamed those with appearance buffs.
Some sha-infested beasts lost their effects on death, others didn't.

Ik'Thik Terrorclaw
Sha-Infested Prowler

Those were the ones I managed to tame, although there were a few others. Eventually, people on other forums who wished to exploit the game started taming those beasts with real buffs. Some diabolical individuals were even plotting to tame the elite spiders of the Molten Front, overpowered buffs and all. Blizzard had to put an end to it before these exploiting hunters grew too powerful, and the method of taming these glitched pets was patched once and for all.

Some believe that there may come another way to tame these elusive and interesting creatures. But that day has not yet come.
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

so they finnaly fixed it thank god i still have my sword wolf

zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

speaking of this, and i am glad this is up because i was going to ask this about those pets ....
the ones that were 'temporary' buffs on pets .. like the copycat spirit wolves from ashen vale
did blizz allow them to keep the change at all upon death while on or in your active stable slot?
i ask this because before the fix(es) i got one of those wolves along with on of the terrokar moths and i saw a 'buff' icon on the wolf that was never there before when id take him out and pat him on the head to say he was a good boy and give him a scooby snax. noticed it today for the first time.
i sure as hell wouldnt want to lose him in my adventures and i am scared to ask a GM cause i dont want em taken away or the inability to have him restored upon some unforseen stupidity ( or experimentation) on my part.
is there a verdict on that for those who may have any insider tips?
and any idea if i could get a temp buff pet i had could be restored with his temp buff from long ago that lost it on death and i abandoned him because of that?
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

zyggie wrote:speaking of this, and i am glad this is up because i was going to ask this about those pets ....
the ones that were 'temporary' buffs on pets .. like the copycat spirit wolves from ashen vale
did blizz allow them to keep the change at all upon death while on or in your active stable slot?
i ask this because before the fix(es) i got one of those wolves along with on of the terrokar moths and i saw a 'buff' icon on the wolf that was never there before when id take him out and pat him on the head to say he was a good boy and give him a scooby snax. noticed it today for the first time.
i sure as hell wouldnt want to lose him in my adventures and i am scared to ask a GM cause i dont want em taken away or the inability to have him restored upon some unforseen stupidity ( or experimentation) on my part.
is there a verdict on that for those who may have any insider tips?
and any idea if i could get a temp buff pet i had could be restored with his temp buff from long ago that lost it on death and i abandoned him because of that?
It functions like the real NPC, if it dies with the buff and loses it, then that is how your pet will react.

In your questions regarding the Spirit Wolf copy cat, yes, it will lose the buff it dies, and yes you can have any pet restored, provide an ID from Wowhead and they will restore it.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

But be mindful that Blizzard probably will not restore you pet with the buff. That needs to be made very clear. You'll get the pet back but the buff .............. not likely. Some have gotten very lucky most have not.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!