Is it creepy that I enjoy Childrens games? D:

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Is it creepy that I enjoy Childrens games? D:

Unread post by Bowno »

I find myself enjoying little kids games more and more lately.
For example.. Neopets, Animal Jam, and that How to train your dragon thing.
Normally I wouldn't think much of it... Except for the fact I'm 23 now :? That seems a little creepy to me. I dunno... I mean, those are kids games and I'm not a kid any more.
I don't enjoy talking with the children much on them. I usually keep to myself unless I feel I have to. But even then I feel like I'm some sort of creeper for just being around D:

What do you guys think? x.x Is this totally creepy?

Siggy under construction!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Is it creepy that I enjoy Childrens games? D:

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Nar as a fellow 23 year old I don't think it is. I mean you are not playing for the children so it's all good.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

What does age have to do with what we enjoy? Is there some magic age where we suddenly stop? If so, I haven't found it and I am 27 now. I play pokemon, watch kiddy cartoons (even when my daughter isn't there) play all sorts of 'childish' games. If you enjoy it, then don't let the concept of "age" stop you, no matter what others might say/think.

Joy is loving what you love, because you love it.

And a well known saying. "you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing." works the same for what you enjoy.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

;.; Thanks guys.
That makes me feel quite a bit better.

You're both right and I suppose I shouldn't worry about it :3
*hugs*

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

We'll im 31 and have a rather unhealthy love of plushies <3

I also play pokemon, watch Sailor Moon and other kiddie anime and build stuff with legos :) I don't care what other ppl think of me either and the older i get, the less i tend to care actually lol!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I don't think it's creepy at all! It'd be creepy if you were there to like.....prey on little kids. But just playing a game because you enjoy it? Pfft. Heck, I was about your age when I went to Build-A-Bear and made a bunny named Sprinkles. I was the only adult in there making something, lol. And my husband was a little worried about me when we went to a park and they were having like a harvest thingy going on. There was a pumpkin patch for kids where they could pay a dollar and pick out a pumpkin. I gave them a dollar and went in and picked a pumpkin too! My husband thought I was nuts (he told me it was supposed to be "for kids"), but I wanted a pumpkin, dang it! :D

Seriously, it doesn't matter. Do what you enjoy. You've only got one life to live, so why spend it worrying about silly things like age? :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Like Castile, I'm 31 and play games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing (though to be fair, I read somewhere that most of the people who have bought AC have been women over the age of 25 - for themselves). As soon as they open registrations again I plan on getting a Flight Rising account. I enjoy cartoons and I love to read.

All my coworkers think I am weird and immature for these reasons. I don't care, because these things make me happy. And if other people don't understand, well. I have friends who do and that's all that matters.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

o3o I am glad to see I am not the only one out there that enjoys the things meant for younger audiences.
Makes me feel a whole lot better.
You all rock <3

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I think what you need to remember is.. You're you and you're awesome just for BEING you!

We all love childish things. Hell I do. I play kids games, I squeal over cute stuffed animals, I buy toys, I still run outside like a giggling child the first snow of the season. I've kept every Winnie the Pooh book I've ever owned because they make me HAPPY. I have stuffed animals all over my bed that I still sleep with, I'll still make blanket forts with my boyfriend and I'm turning 23, lets not forget he turns 26 this month. Why do we do this? Because it's fun, losing your inner child is boring. Holy onto memories, things that make you happy, be they childish or not who the hell cares. YOUR happiness is what's important!

How to Train Your Dragon is still one of my favorite movies and I ruthlessly hunted down Tangled just to watch it. My boyfriend even watched it with me and he LOVED it. We go to see kid's movies when they come out in theaters because that's what make's us happy. Just don't let anyone change you and never let go of your sense of youth because that very youth is what will get you through life when it is at it's most harsh parts. :hug:

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Bowno wrote:and that How to train your dragon thing.
Im with you completely there, never heard of the other ones.

I love pokimanz and love how to train your dragon, no shame, if you like something, like it.
Koru#2654
Realm: Balnazzar (EU) and laughing skull (EU)

Unread post by Koru#2654 »

I'm 22 and I play neopets from time to time XD