New mounts in 5.4 so far...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Re: New mounts in 5.4 so far...

Unread post by Yoruko »

Quivering wrote:And I'll just leave this here...

hint: its a green fire dreadsteed
Adkjfghsfzxmnv! *explodes* Another tempting reason to keep leveling my warlock alt up from her current 82! (Also, insert the obligatory "GG Blizzard giving all the cool stuff to warlocks again" whine here. :lol: But nahh, seriously speaking, seeing as they seem to want to separate fire mages and warlocks more nowadays by defining warlock fire with green colour, this was probably a foreseeable thing.)
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Good lock is not bad... *pats her baby lvl6x wicked gnomie*

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

As expected, the Quivering Firestorm Egg turns into Elder Anli at the Arboretum for a base 1000 Cloud Serpent rep.

A rare drop from a tough rare spawn gives an item for BOA rep. And only two times the rep of the normal eggs. Seems ineffencient but whatevs.

Edit: Apparently Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent drops from Huolon on the PTR, rarer than the rep egg.

so what mount does Ordos and Celestials drop?? Curious...
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

/kicks into gear her warlock lvling!!

I think the new items make warlocks look uber fun and a green mount would so fit my RP idea for mine /excited!!

Green dreadsteed and Corrupted Hippogrph? Yes please :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wonder, at a practical level, if the green lock mount will end up as a new mount in your spell book or if it's still just the same mount but it changes appearance depending on whether you're doing the fel thing. Just considering how we'll present it on WCM if that's the case.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Could also be a Glyph too like the running on water thing you can make the current dreadsteed do. Just a theory though.

Shadowlands

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

as a side note if you still need the archeology mount (or any thing tolvir related) you better farm your ass of now because Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator is getting fixxed and harder to obtain next patch apparently -_-.
Archaeology
Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator no longer randomizes digsites when acquired, and is more difficult to obtain. They can now only be purchased as part of a Mantid Artifact Hunter’s Kit, which includes a Lorewalker’s Map.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Wain wrote:I wonder, at a practical level, if the green lock mount will end up as a new mount in your spell book or if it's still just the same mount but it changes appearance depending on whether you're doing the fel thing. Just considering how we'll present it on WCM if that's the case.

It'll probably work like all the other spells that were green-fire tinted. It'll just get the green flip but remain the same thing.
ImageImage
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Malackai wrote:as a side note if you still need the archeology mount (or any thing tolvir related) you better farm your ass of now because Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator is getting fixxed and harder to obtain next patch apparently -_-.
Archaeology
Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator no longer randomizes digsites when acquired, and is more difficult to obtain. They can now only be purchased as part of a Mantid Artifact Hunter’s Kit, which includes a Lorewalker’s Map.
HOLY SHIZ!?!?!

Why did I not know of this?!?! TY soooo much Malackai, I have yet to get my mount or pet, and after just so many solves and time wasted flying to other dig sites... I just gave up, it broke me and it was just not ment to be.

Again TY soooooo much , I shall be digging like a kobolt on crack as soon as I get home! :hug:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Malackai wrote:as a side note if you still need the archeology mount (or any thing tolvir related) you better farm your ass of now because Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator is getting fixed and harder to obtain next patch apparently -_-.
Archaeology
HOLY SHIZ!?!?!

Why did I not know of this?!?! TY soooo much Malackai, I have yet to get my mount or pet, and after just so many solves and time wasted flying to other dig sites... I just gave up, it broke me and it was just not ment to be.

Again TY soooooo much , I shall be digging like a kobolt on crack as soon as I get home! :hug:
Yea same here I dint notice it either its stashed away in the patch notes somewhere I almost missed it as well.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Images of the "fel" versions of the warlock mounts have been uploaded to WCM, but we're not quite sure what to do with them yet. If they use the same mount spells as the current mounts (so the mount appears green if you have fel stuff turned on) then we may have to change the current images to show both regular and fel colours in the one shot. Otherwise they'd be installed as separate mounts.

Image Image
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So it looks like the Moonfang mount may not be a proper mount :(

I got a Shimmering Moonstone from Moonfang tonight, now that the DMF is open. It seems that loot is individual from the corpse. So I think everyone loots the corpse but what you get may vary.

However it doesn't teach a mount spell, it's just an on-use object. And it also has a line that is missing from the Wowhead entry currently: "Requires Darkmoon Faire". So I'm guessing you can't use it outside that time period (you can use it outside the island, however).

If this is what is going live I'm very sad :(

It's a beautiful mount, though.

Attachments
MoonfangMount1.png
MoonfangMount1.png (571.4 KiB) Viewed 21699 times
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Looks like the green fire mounts are in the ptr now. The Dreadsteed also has a green aurora around it like the red version does. I am not sure if I like the new Dreadsteed that much yet, although I really like how the Felsteed looks. I think the runes on the armor may need to be a different color or something. They just blend in to much for me.
Took a couple quick screen shots of them. Currently it's only the green ones in the list,and I wish we could be able to keep both colors. They are still showing up as red in the list though so I am pretty sure that's a bug.
*Also, I did not know about that Malackai. Gonna have to go digging now lol.
Attachments
Still showing up as red in the mount list
Still showing up as red in the mount list
WoWScrnShot_090113_123230.jpg (358.58 KiB) Viewed 21699 times
Green fire Dreadsteed
Green fire Dreadsteed
WoWScrnShot_090113_130710.jpg (260.32 KiB) Viewed 21699 times
Green fire Felsteed
Green fire Felsteed
WoWScrnShot_090113_130722.jpg (263.86 KiB) Viewed 21699 times
Last edited by Zalani on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

So is it a quest to turn your mount green? And once you do you can't have the red one anymore? Hmm bummer!

Shadowlands

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

So...it looks like the Headless Horseman's mount....in otherwords. I'll just use the HH mount.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The "Greatfather's Riding Turtle" item has now been renamed Lucky Riding Turtle. Not sure what that means regarding the source. It could still be a Winter Veil item.

There's still no spell or NPC with that name. Instead it's set to teach the original Riding Turtle from the TCG. While this could well be a placeholder, it's not impossible they've decided to add a new source for this mount. It does seem unlikely they'd do that before the TCG closes completely, though.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I hope that, if the new green-felsteed replaces the red one as default, that there'll be a glyph that'll let people regain the red version, much as how they gave druids stag form as default travel form but gave them the option to have the old cheetah instead. I personally am really not a fan of the green variant in the screenshots when I swap between the pics of red and green but theres potential that one or two warlocks, if I ever make any, that'll do well in green over red

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

Slickrock wrote:22500? Eh, not that expensive.. but.. those things make me seasick.

Make it a Golden riding Shadowpan Tiger.. :-)
Yea I hate the motion! I spent so much time camping those onyx eggs for my cloud dragon and it was so disappointing when I finally mounted it, it warbles up down up down soooo much it's annoying! I hardly fly mine anymore :(

The best riding mounts IMO are the super smooth rides: the chopper and the cloud disc!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Warcraft Mounts is now updated for 5.4 Thanks to everyone who contributed on this thread :)

Check the site again in a few hours for a new look :) It's in!