The Celestial Tournament

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

The Celestial Tournament

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I'm curios to know if anyone has managed to beat the The Celestial Tournament ? I managed to beat the 3 trainers dudes, but I couldn't beat even one boss, let alone 3.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

Re: The Celestial Tournament

Removed
Last edited by AdamSavage on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

You really need a good repertoire of level 25 pets. The top tips on Wowhead are often really good for the Celestials. Leave Yu'lon till last but regularly return to her to heal up any pets that were hurt but not killed. (Because her first round is never an attack, you can start the fight, use a pet with a "heal team" kind of ability, then surrender. Repeat till pets are fully healed).

But this is quite an unforgiving and gruelling tournament. You really need lots of good pets. And if RNG looks like it's on your side, you might want to also leave the fight, heal the pets, and start again.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I really recommend this thread on warcraftpets: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=3&t=6459 There's a lot of useful tips and suggestions for team compositions, abilities and such to help you get through each trainer and celestial.

You might have to consider leveling up some new pets to get through it. But once you've gotten a hang of how to strategize it's actually not bad. This week I one shot everything without a problem, even without reading strategies for the current trio of trainers.
AdamSavage

Wain wrote:You really need a good repertoire of level 25 pets. The top tips on Wowhead are often really good for the Celestials. Leave Yu'lon till last but regularly return to her to heal up any pets that were hurt but not killed. (Because her first round is never an attack, you can start the fight, use a pet with a "heal team" kind of ability, then surrender. Repeat till pets are fully healed).

But this is quite an unforgiving and gruelling tournament. You really need lots of good pets. And if RNG looks like it's on your side, you might want to also leave the fight, heal the pets, and start again.
Well isn't that just handy. That's a cleaver trick to slowly but surely heal up all your pets.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Someone gave me an idea of good, ideal pets to take on the Celestials.

Chi-Chi: Black Lamb, Mini Mindslayer, Nexus Whelp

Xu-Fu: Sunreaver Mini Sentry, Darkmoon Zepplin, Lil XT or Mechanical Yeti

Yu-La: Gregarious Grell or Peddlefeet or Bonkers or Anubisath Idol, Kun Lai Runt, Lil' Bad Wolf

Zao: Unborn Valkyr, Gilnean Raven, Darkmoon Tonk

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

Junrei wrote:Someone gave me an idea of good, ideal pets to take on the Celestials.

Chi-Chi: Black Lamb, Mini Mindslayer, Nexus Whelp

Xu-Fu: Sunreaver Mini Sentry, Darkmoon Zepplin, Lil XT or Mechanical Yeti

Yu-La: Gregarious Grell or Peddlefeet or Bonkers or Anubisath Idol, Kun Lai Runt, Lil' Bad Wolf

Zao: Unborn Valkyr, Gilnean Raven, Darkmoon Tonk

Hmm.. I have about half of these. Some of them I can get on the AH.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yup. The only pain one is the Vyrkul one.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

It turns out I have more max lvl pets then I thought. I counted atleast 50 of them today, out of 201. I lvled up a few more today to beef up my pets some more.

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

Here is some you tube guides on how to beat the bosses, plus a screenshot of me using only two pets to beat one of them. The time I brought out fluxfire, the boss had the 100% damage debuff on him. I used Flux on him, and that finished him off. The Stamped really brought down his health. I'm not sure, but I believe I used creeping fungus on him first, then finished off with stampede till I died for good. I'm currently stuck on Chi Chi, and Yu'la. I have a couple pets from the video's that I'm going to lvl up, and then try again. The only one I can't find yet is Gregarious Grell.. but you just need the ability to heal, and evade his fly down attack. So alot of the dragonkins can do this already, I'm guessing this might work. The only downside, is you don't have that slight healing.

However, Onyxia for example should hit harder and thus the fight not going on as long. Keep in mind, he only used two pets. I can still bring out Anubisath Idol if I really need to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1BA6JRfBi0

https://www.youtube.com/user/wowpetbattle?feature=watch

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

I finally beat this thing... I had a bunch of screenshots saved of what worked before on certain trainers, plus I watched a couple you tube video's to refresh myself.

This is the line up I used.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

Zao, Based solely on the ability shown in my screenshots: I first used Creeping Fungus, then Stampede. Once he dies the first time and you know the next shot will kill you for good. He should have two rounds on the 100% Dmg taken de-buff. Switch out to fluxfire and use Flux. If Fluxfire dies before you can beat Zao. Then finish him up with pretty much any pet. The third pet is more of a filler. You just need something to hit him for a couple hundred dmg.

Xu-Fu , Based solely on the ability shown in my screenshots (I'm not sure if other spell combo's would work): I first used Lil Bling. I first used Extra Plating, Make it Rain and then Inflation. NOT before. You want them coins to be raining down on him while you are using Inflation. Lil bling will bring his HP down quite abit, and it should be easy to finish him off. If it's done right when lil Bling dies for good. Xu-Fu should have two rounds of the de-buff on him. Bring out any mechanical pet with Ion Cannon. It's hard hitting ability that never misses. It's meant to finish off the fight. You can use an extra Mechanical pet as back up just in case his health isn't low enough, and the Ion Cannon didn't beat him.

As for Chi Chi.. She is piece of cake if you have the right pets. I must stress, that you should not get confident. If the Nexus Whelping doesn't finish her off, you will need the second one to complete the task. The How to do video I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp6UF-Io9LE

Yu'la (do her last, as you can use her to heal up pets that haven't died. Thanks to Wain for this idea) : Peddlefeet, I used lovetruck then used Shot Through The Heart. Keep using Bow Shot to windle her health down. I think I was able to repeat everything once the cooldowns came off. Her health was low the time Peddlefeet died. If the 2nd pet never misses you can two pet this. Should he not, again just use any humanoid pet. Lil bad wolf would be good, or bonkers.

I will write up the fight for the rest of them later, providing I can remember the order in which I used everything.

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Check out Yu'la on Wowhead. You can solo her with Mr Bigglesworth if you follow the right order of abilities. Works very well usually.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
AdamSavage

Wain wrote:Check out Yu'la on Wowhead. You can solo her with Mr Bigglesworth if you follow the right order of abilities. Works very well usually.
I actually have that pet, I think it's green but I might be able to make it blue. I might try the tournament again and see if I have any luck again. If not, then atleast I can say I beat it once.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/un ... glesworth/

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

From wow head:

Soloed with Mr. Bigglesworth using:

- Claw
- Ice Tomb
- Ice Barrier

Yu'la's attack sequence is:
- Emerald Presence
- Lift-Off
- Jade Breath
- Jade Breath
- Jade Breath

Rotation Used:
- Claw
- Ice tomb
- Ice Barrier
- PASS TURN
- Claw
- Claw
- Repeat (including the first claw)

(Unneeded) Explaination:

Mr. Bigglesworth is faster than Yu'la, which allows you to have more control on the fight, and the combo Ice Tomb + Ice Barrier is very effective against scripted fights, since Yu'la will keep attacking even with the barrier up wasting his attacks while Ice Tomb comes down, which will also prevent another Jade Breath due to the stun. Moreover, with this strategy you will receive very little damage during the fight (compared to getting all attacks):
Jade Breath does less damage against Mr. Bigglesworth (since he's Undead) and he will manage to succesfully use only one during the rotation as one will be blocked by ice barrier and the other won't be casted because of Ice Tomb's stun (he will continue with his rotation rather than delaying it to cast a 3rd Jade Breath). Finally, his Lift-Off will be blocked by Ice Barrier. Mr. Bigglesworth has very little HP, but except in the case where you are very unlucky, he won't die (my worst fight was when i had 2 missed claws and got a crit from a jade breath, but i managed to solo Yu'la in the "Death Turn")

- On the first turn, Yu'la will use Emerald Presence, you can just Claw.
- Then he will Lift-Off, you will use Ice Tomb (since Mr. Bigglesworth is faster, the attack will hit before Lift-Off)
- Use Ice Barrier to block Lift-Off attack, then pass the next turn so he'll break the barrier with his Jade Breath, allowing Ice Tomb to hit
- Yu'la is stunned, which will prevent him from using one of the Jade Breaths in his rotation
- Keep Clawing until he uses Emerald Presence again.
- The turn after he uses Emerald Presence he will Lift-Off, so you can keep track of the Emerald Presence to know when you have to use Ice Tomb and then Ice Barrier. Like before, use Ice Tomb in the same turn when he'll Lift-Off
- Rinse and Repeat

Make sure you put Claw and not Pounce
Even though Mr. Bigglesworth is faster than Yu'la (which would make Pounce potentially deal more damage than Claw), Pounce's damage is actually split in 2 attacks, which will be reduced by the "boss" buff and Emerald Presence, while the extra damage from Pounce will be completely blocked.
There is still a chance to win with Pounce as 1st skill (i did it for mistake the first time i fought Yu'la, when i came out with this strategy), but it'll take way longer.

Dr. Who Video!