Pet wishlist for the next expansion

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Pet wishlist for the next expansion

Unread post by Qraljar »

Hey guys!

With the next expansion's announcement being close (just shy of a month away) as well as the beta, by extension, I feel it is time to write down our hopes for hunter pet models for the new expansion.

To keep it simple, I start with three categories:

1) Old models. Models that already exist. Could be in the old world, Outland, Northrend or Pandaria.

The other two are based on what expansion type it is. We can somewhat assume that the next expansion can have two themes. Old Gods and Azshara, or the Burning Legion. Yes, it's possible that Blizzard will go with another out of the left field expansion like Mists of Pandaria, but I doubt they would want to do that now. However, if you want to add any other category, feel free to! You don't have to stick to any of the categories.

2) Burning Legion expansion possible models.

and

3) Azshara/N'zoth expansion possible models.

Here is mine.

Old models: Kunchong, Skyscreamers, Pterrordaxes, Python model (5.2), Mushan, Sandreavers, Yaks, Squids/Kraken/Ozumat(model. Shared with Azshara models category), Nerubian Spiderlings, Nerubian flyers, Hydras (old models), sea serpents.

Burning Legion: Related spirit beasts, camel spiders, amblypigi and similar (vinegaroons, etc.), more Warp Stalker kinds, more Fen Strider kinds.

Azshara: Sea monsters (Kaiju anyone?), sea or nightmare-themed spirit beasts: creatures warped by the Emerald Nightmare perhaps? Squids/Kraken/Ozumat/Octopi, Hydras (new models), Deepsea spider and crab-kinds, sea serpents.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Pet wishlist for the next expansion

Unread post by pop »

Hunter's pet:

Tamable Nerubian Flyers and Nerubian Arachnid family; Nerubian Fiend

Tamable Shark or Whale Shark Spirit beast.

Tamable Shoveltusk, Ram

More armored beast pets; for example A devilsaur with Oodansta Armor

Bipedal pets.

More uniqueness to pets; like different utility skills that doesn't hinder pve/pvp to distinguish rare/elite/common beast. For example, all cats can prowl and cast mastery buff but maybe the rare spawn Humar, or Dishu can prowl and cast crit buff.

Mounts:
Shoveltusk, Boar, Devilsaur, and Chimeara mounts
manbear
Realm: Laughing Skull

Unread post by manbear »

at first this long post might not sound relevant, but just stick with it. I promise I'm making a relevant point.

During MoP, they decided to go with a "legendary for all" approach. I personally am not a fan of having a legendary cloak, but at least it's a legendary I can get as a hunter. Let's face it, hunters got the short straw for legendaries in the past. I myself am a proud owner of Thunderfury, but i sure as heck didn't get it during vanilla. Back then if you asked your guild for thunderfury, you'd either get a laugh or gkick, which is why i had to wait until wrath to solo mine. Then there's Thori'dal, The Stars' Fury. Awesome bow with an awesome effect, but it dropped off of the last boss, in the last raid, that was added 8 months before wrath was released. To top it off, sunwell was so hard that only a small handful of guilds ever killed Kil'jaeden before wrath, so unless you were the luckiest hunter in the world being part of the luckiest raid in the world that actually got it to drop, it might as well not even have existed.

Now to the point, I don't think people were too happy with this "legendary for everyone" approach, and I think its because there's only a two ways to do it. Option 1: give everyone an accessory (neck, ring, trinket, cloak, gem), Option 2: give everyone a class related legendary (weapons/armor/other). I'm hoping blizzard will look at option 2 and realize the potential here. Now since this is largely a hunter community, I'll start with hunter as the main point. Three words, Legendary Hunter Pet

Imagine next expansion you get your class specific legendary quest from Rexxar for horde (sorry alliance, this example will be horde only). Rexxar says something like take this Cub of Misha (his bear companion), name him and show him the world. then you get the cub as a companion pet and you explore certain areas of azeroth. Next he says "show him what it means to be a hero" so you gotta kill whatever raid boss is top tier for that patch while your companion is out. now you're done, rexxar takes back the cub until next content patch. Next content patch comes and Rexxar says " blahblah is all grown up now and ready to aid you in your battles". so you get the bear as a pet now. Hes nothing special, maybe he has some special appreance, but hes not legendary yet. Now you have to use the bear when you defeat bosses in the next raid, and every boss has like 25% chance to drop some armor fragment or w/e that you collect. Once you collect all the fragments you go to Rexxar and he turns it into armor for your bear. Now you have an awesome legendary bear pet! But of course, blizzard can't make 1 pet stronger than others, so this can't be the end of the quest. The next part can be w/e that gives you a legendary gun/bow/crossbow to go with your awesome pet.

So that's my wishlist for pets next expansion, if they would do something like that I wouldn't even care if they added no new families to the tamable pool.

Also, if you're thinking this is only possible for hunters, here's some example for other classes. Shamans get a weapon forged by the elemental lord of their choosing (ragnaros, al'akir, neptulon, not therazane because nobody cares about her) which boosts the power of their respected spec and grants them an elemental appareance. Warriors get Broxigar's enchanted axe (broxigar not only saved the world, but is the only mortal to ever strike sargeras) and it could give them some sort of nature related appearance since it was forged by malfurion under cenarius's direction. I'm sure there a plenty of cool things they could do with each class.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

for the primary purpose of this thread id suggets an armored pet mount imagine a turtle about a quarter of the size of the ones in vashj'ir but instead of you riding on it youd ride on the inside of the shell and you would be immune to damage until you absorb a certain amount of damage and then when you take the max damage the shell would break and the turtle would become a guardian that didnt do any damage but allowed it to slowly grow in strength and regain its shell when killing mobs that grant experience or honor and when it spower was back to normal the turtle would disappear and you would have a button on your bar that allows you and your pet to ride inside the turtle would move at about 100% speed on ground or in water and when dismounted if there is any damage absorbption left the turtle would disappear and the button on your bar would show you a timer and it would be unavailable until the turtle was back to max health again

that is just an idea but for more realistic ideas a hydra(obviously) new and old models armored hydras, battle damaged hydras(with a head missing)and flying hydras and maybe a hydramech(that has mechanical parts)(Mecha King Ghidora anyone?)

maybe a walrus/seel etc

mushan, kunchong, yaks old models,

Undead Demonic Beasts(Undead/demon/beast that can be /controlled/enslaved/tamed/ by a /Death Knight/Warlock/Hunter
Fel Boars, core hounds with the eyes(i forget the name) demon dogs, undead horses, fel steeds, etc

mirebeasts( beast versions of mire lurkers

etc
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Vlentana
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Vlentana »

I only want one. Hydra.

'Nuff said
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Eh...a bit early to be pegging pets really but I only have 4 I want.

Gulp Frogs
Death Adders
Hydras
Kuchongs

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Junrei wrote:Eh...a bit early to be pegging pets really but I only have 4 I want.

Gulp Frogs
Death Adders
Hydras
Kuchongs

Not as much that as just expressing your hopes and what they are directed at! Death adders, yeah.

And I forgot gulp frogs!

Though, they lack some animations and are really clippy. The models are just awesome though. Would be super cool if they cleaned those up a bit!

EDIT: I also still hope they'll make the Tortos model tameable. It's still insanely awesome. Maybe they can introduce him the same way they did Chromaggus. Make the boss tameable first, then add a lower level tameable rare mob with the model for it later.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

True true!

Oh yeah, Tortos too!

And yeah, I've fallen in love with the Adders and Froggies(especially Bufo! Or Lord Bufo as he is known on my server)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

KittyK
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by KittyK »

I mostly want more challenge tames. I loved tracking down pets this expansion. I would also like pets with useful extra abilities... stuff that would be useful out of combat. Like the Water Strider's Surface Trot. Some ideas could be some sort of flying exotic beast with a slow fall ability, or a large mount looking pet that could double as a mount maybe? Also it would be nice if they gave some pets back some of their uniqueness. Currently other than some of the exotic beasts, all pets just have a buff... that other families also have... What would be nice is they gave spirits beasts back their Spirit strike, cats could have rake back. Stuff like that. I get that it'd be hard to balance but there should be a reason other than oh hey here's this buff, to use a pet.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

manbear wrote:Three words, Legendary Hunter Pet

Imagine next expansion you get your class specific legendary quest from Rexxar for horde (sorry alliance, this example will be horde only). Rexxar says something like take this Cub of Misha (his bear companion), name him and show him the world. then you get the cub as a companion pet and you explore certain areas of azeroth. Next he says "show him what it means to be a hero" so you gotta kill whatever raid boss is top tier for that patch while your companion is out. now you're done, rexxar takes back the cub until next content patch. Next content patch comes and Rexxar says " blahblah is all grown up now and ready to aid you in your battles". so you get the bear as a pet now. Hes nothing special, maybe he has some special appreance, but hes not legendary yet. Now you have to use the bear when you defeat bosses in the next raid, and every boss has like 25% chance to drop some armor fragment or w/e that you collect. Once you collect all the fragments you go to Rexxar and he turns it into armor for your bear. Now you have an awesome legendary bear pet! But of course, blizzard can't make 1 pet stronger than others, so this can't be the end of the quest. The next part can be w/e that gives you a legendary gun/bow/crossbow to go with your awesome pet.
I really like this idea :) It's very unique and requires effort etc. I liked the "legendary for everything" cloak (still working on silly drops for mine) and concept but the rng factor was bleh. You could do a whole LFR and not get one drop at one point.

Pet wish list? Hmm Yaks are very cool, i think they would suit my panda well. I like the challenge tames and tracking them down so ppl just didn't kill them willy nilly. More of that would be nice.

Mounts: Emerald Drake (COME ON PLEASE!), an armoured version of Glyph the chromatic drake for a mount achievement would be a dream come true <3

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Personally, I'm hoping Blizz would make this bad boy tamable.
Other than that, I can't think any other pets at the moment.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Vlentana wrote:I only want one. Hydra.

'Nuff said
The only relevant Hydra that I want to tame;
FirstChAoS
Realm: hellscream

Unread post by FirstChAoS »

EXISTING CREATURES WHO SHOULD BE PETS

- Gulp Frog
- Pterodax
- Thunder Lizard
- kodo
- Pridewing

WHAT I WOULD ADD TO EXISTING PET FAMILIES

BATS:
NEW MODELS: a flying fox type bat with big eyes and foxlike snout.

BEARS:
NEW MODELS: Maned (like the asiatic black bear)
NEW SKINS: spectacled bear, panda

BEETLES:
NEW MODELS: stag beetle, rhinocerous beetle, tiger beetle
NEW SKINS: burying beetle, ladybug, japanese beetle, eyed click beetle

BIRDS OF PREY:
NEW MODELS: more realistic looking owl models in horned (like a great horned), hornless (like a barred owl), and heart like faced (like a barn owl).
NEW SKINS: realistic owl skins, red tailed hawk skin.

BOARS:
NEW MODELS: Mr Wiggles (I'd love a full sized pet version of the mini pet pig), wart hog, peccary, barbarossa

CATS:
NEW MODELS: a leaner built model for the cheetahs, a thorny looking model like the mythic cactus cat (if you can feed it alcohol like in the myth it'd be better).
NEW SKINS: Siamese (simnce I gave a pet biscuit to a mini pet cat I wanted to see this skin on a hunter pet), clouded leopard, ocelot. Plus new yellow spotted skins to better distinguish leopard, jaguar, and cheetah types.

CRABS:
NEW MODELS: fiddler crab, spider crab, hermit crab (with three shell choices, rounded snail shell, conch shell, and a shell with anemones growing on it)

CRANES:
NEW MODELS: Egret
NEW SKINS: Great Blue Heron

DEVILSAURS:
NEW MODELS: spinosaurus, baryonyx, carnotaurus
NEW SKINS: red, lava

DOGS:
NEW MODELS: rottweiler, pitbull, german shepard, husky, retriever, african wild dog, sheepdog, heck add the minipet pug model to the list too.
NEW SKINS: matching the models

FOXES:
NEW MODELS: fennec
NEW SKINS: tan, grey fox (grey above orange below), raccoon dog

GORILLAS: (change family name to apes)
NEW MODELS: chimp and orangutan models. Tamable baby gorillas.
NEW SKINS: matching the models.

MONKEYS:
NEW MODELS: baboon, tamarind
NEW SKINS: golden, mandrill

RAPTORS:
NEW MODELS: Raven Lord (yes, the feathered raptor boss)

RHINOS:
NEW MODELS: A hairless model, perhaps with an armored looking hide.

SERPENTS:
EXISTING CREATURES ADDED TO FAMILY: pythons
NEW MODELS: a more realistic cobra model.

SCORPIDS:
NEW MODELS: sea scorpion, whip scorpion, maybe an odd one like one with hammers or maces for claws.

SPIDERS:
NEW MODELS: jumping spider, harvestman, spiny orb weaver, crab spider (yep, i suggested a crab spider and a spider crab).

TALLSTRIDERS:
EXISTING CREATURES ADDED TO FAMILY: Hawkstriders
NEW MODELS: A cassowary like one with the raised body head crest, a horned model.
NEW SKINS: a scaly semi reptillian looking one, and for hawkstriders skins that look like ostridges, emus, and rheas (I fully expect blizzard to name one dire rhea as befitting their often childish sense of humor).

TURTLES:
EXISTING CREATURES ADDED TO FAMILY: Flippered sea turtles (like those off Krassarang), sea turtle mount type turtles
NEW SKINS: A black shelled one, a black and yellow (box turtle one), and a few models with spotted shells (green with black spots, black with yellow spots, etc.)

WARP STALKERS:
NEW MODELS: A warp stalker model with tiny nonfunctional dragon wings on its shoulders.

WASPS:
NEW SKINS: yellowjacket, bald faced hornet

WIND SERPENTS:
NEW MODELS: quetzylcoatyl like one (thick bodied, draconic head, feathered mane)

WORMS:
NEW MODELS: .Sea worm (with all those legs and four pincered jaws), fuzzy caterpillar

SPIRITBEASTS

Joyung the Wise: a ghostly gorilla with a long beard. It has an idle animation of sitting crosslegged with its hands over its eyes, ears, or mouth (see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil).

Phoentix: A dragonhawk made of flame with a sinister looking head.

Tan'Glaar: A cat made out of tangled vines.

Overbear: A bear made of stone.

Glittershell: A turtle with a clear, shiny, diamond like body.

Demonyx: a horned devil saur with red and black skin and flames.

Nightcloak: A bat made of shadows. Black yet somewhat translucent.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Maybe a new spore bat model? I would love to see these fleshed out a little. Not sure what design they would go for, but something still sporeish but a bit more batish?

I did try a few small sketches a while back.

I think it would be nice to have a new bird type too, thats not a Bird of Prey or Carrion, maybe a Parrot or Exotic family?

And I would love to see some kind of wolverinesque type pet, low profile, furry and terrifying :D

Oh oh and maybe some kind of dragonfly pet?

I really could just go on forever :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

SpiritBinder wrote:Maybe a new spore bat model? I would love to see these fleshed out a little. Not sure what design they would go for, but something still sporeish but a bit more batish?

!!!!!!!!!!!
*curls around picture and clutches it to her chest*
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

SpiritBinder wrote:Maybe a new spore bat model? I would love to see these fleshed out a little. Not sure what design they would go for, but something still sporeish but a bit more batish?

I think it would be nice to have a new bird type too, thats not a Bird of Prey or Carrion, maybe a Parrot or Exotic family?

And I would love to see some kind of wolverinesque type pet, low profile, furry and terrifying :D

Oh oh and maybe some kind of dragonfly pet?

I really could just go on forever :lol:

I'm going to kidnap you and make you work on more concepts, because they are positively awesome.

Blizzard should hire you. They'd get some cool creature designs out of it, given the 'awesome' you just churn out like that.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Ugh, Spiritbinder. I want every single one of those! Please, become the next creature designer.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Everything and anything labeled "Beast". Atleast that's whet I would say if I was still playing. :mrgreen:

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

It's a little off topic, but then a little on also...

Insert shamless Fan Art plug --> HERE <-- ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote: I think it would be nice to have a new bird type too, thats not a Bird of Prey or Carrion, maybe a Parrot or Exotic family?
That's a wicked-looking toucan!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.