The Devilsaur King has a Queen - King Krush Tamed

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

The Devilsaur King has a Queen - King Krush Tamed

Unread post by Phyra »

Prior Post of 'AMG PANIC IN THE DISCO' regarding King Krush, how to tame, and all the 'panic' involved with him.

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2101

-------------------------------

I want to thank the folks of Ysera's Petopians channel for being there for me, giving me advice, offering to help, and just.. being supportive. Seriously. You guys rock so hard. -LOVE-

My first attempts at King Krush wasn't on track of doing well. I had got it in my head earlier this week that I must try and get myself a gorgeous green king. It meant prep work. I spent no less than two days before I made my mind to camp, researching spawn timers, macros, what was needed, and set off on farming everything. Luckily, my husband is an Inscriptionist on one of his toons, and was able to snag me Runescrolls of Fortitude. Another friend got me my Elixir of Lightning Speed and Elixir of Mighty Fortitude - along with the usual stacks of Potions of Speed. I farmed and baked up Baked Manta Ray and set off on my hunt.

For 12 or so hours, I scoured the Basin. When I found him, that first attempt didn't go so well. Feel free to read about it in the above linked post. Long story short, someone thought they'd be helpful and killed him during our attempt to tame.

===

I really have not been able to pinpoint his exact spawn timer. Anyone who says he shares a spawn timer with Loque'nahak is sadly misinformed. I roughly estimated he respawns 8.5 hours after he last spawned. This theoretically goes for Loque'nahak too.

I want to stress that even though I calculated a time for King Krush to spawn tonight, I had no intention of trying to tame him. I was obsessed about making sure all my macros were just right, and made sure everything worked properly.

Earlier in the day, I found out that USE Haste Items/Enchants share an internal cooldown. This meant you could not use Shard of the Crystal Heart with Accelerator Gloves in the same macro. Internal cooldown prevented them from being stacked. I found a nice substitute that had a solid +128 Haste buff, and actually, on use, gave me 4600 health for 20 seconds. That seemed to solve the worry about stacking Haste and Stamina with this guy. That trinket was an honor bought (for 34,100 honor) called Battlemaster's Vivacity. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to tame King Krush SOLO.

I had, luckily, haphazardly put my macros together before I logged off to do art. I came back and was still in Stormwind's PvP area. I used my Wormhole Generator and selected Sholazar Basin. It drops you off at the top of Glimmering Pillar. For a bit, I didn't decide to make my rounds. I wanted to re-assure myself for when I saw King Krush, I'd actually get him. I needed to know there were no hiccups in my macros, everything was ready in a 2 button macro sequence.

I guess I was so high up that my NPCscan didn't initially register who was waiting for me. I mount up, after confirming everything is ready to go, and I've at least a food buff, and fly down. DING DING DING. My macro sounds off blaring in the speakers, and holy crap. Who is below me?! King Krush. I nearly fall to my death as I hastily try and dismount. I somehow remember to send in my trashpet. I hit him with a Scorpid Sting and Arcane Shot and wait for him to fear. Nothing was 'easy' or 'planned'. I was honestly sorta smashing the keyboard praying I wasn't bungling this up too bad. I had planned for him, but I hadn't PLANNED for him to be sitting right under me!

Trash pet fears. I hit my macro, and flail. I'm shocked. My health doesn't reach below 65%. Telling you. That Battlemaster's Vivacity is awesome. All the while I'm waiting for something to go wrong. My hubby is already saying congratulations to me before my timer is up. He was right though. I now have a King Krush. After the tame, I realize I'm actually missing some of my Elixir buffs (the Fort one).

Now. Remember how I mentioned above that I made some hasty guesses as when he'd respawn? I was right within 15 minutes. I had guessed 10:30 PM. He spawned at 10:15 PM.

Soooo. I'm done. I'm happy. For anyone who wants him, I highly suggest the following things if looking to tame SOLO:

ITEMS:
Elixir of Lightning Speed
Elixir of Mighty Fortitude
Runescroll of Fortitude
Baked Manta Ray
Potion of Speed
Shard of the Crystal Heart
Battlemaster's Vivacity

MACROS:

/cast Bestial Wrath
/script PetAbandon()
/use Shard of the Crystal Heart
/use Battlemaster's Vivacity
/use potion of speed
/cast deterrence

SEPARATE MACRO/BUTTON

/cast Tame Beast

No gear/enchant/gem alterations needed.

For Giggles, My Aotona tame from a few weeks ago:

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: The Devilsaur King has a Queen - King Krush Tamed

Unread post by Sarayana »

Congrats sweetie! He looks gorgeous. :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Yaaay! Congratulations! By the way, (rather off-topic...) your posts are so pretty to read... you use so many colours! :lol:

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Phyra »

@Sarayana

Thank you so much honey. And you better believe me when I say we'll get you your bear! I'll be sitting n' hunting for his spawn times this week for ya. Thank you for your support n' willingness to even part your Shammy out there should I have needed her! <3

@Kamalia

Ahaha. ^_^; Sorry. I've never had an option on a message board/journal that made it so easy to use color codes for text. It also helps break up things, I think... and ...colors are awesome? :D

My posts are like skittles. Taste the rainbow :}
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Congrats! It's always nice to hear that someone has gotten him. Ive been on the lookout for him for the past few days and so far haven't seen him yet. Not going to give up though, especially not with all those pretty pictures lol. Someone said that they just killed Aotona not to long ago but I don't think they have even close to the same respawn timer. So I am hoping to catch a glimpse of him before I have to log off for the night.

What did you decide on a name? And how long was your cast timer?

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Phyra »

Hey there :}

I'm guessing my time tame was roughly 12 seconds. My Deterrence and other buffs were slowly working their way off as he turned Tame. In addition, he didn't get off much ways of an attack/damage to me -- everything was pretty well sucked up.

EDIT: Roughly had 1450 or so Haste.

I'm accounting a good bit of this tame to dumb luck, to be perfectly honest. The other helpful things was the Battlemaster Trinket which gave me 4600 more health without making me change my gear or buy gems/enchants for Stamina.

As far as a name? I'm not sure yet on what to call him. I'm torn. I thought originally, since I was very greedy in wanting him in the first place, was Avarice. Not 100% sold on it yet.

Other Pets:

Glow - Loque'nahak
Azurinoth - Skoll
Aotona - Aotona
Numaroc - Numaroc
Glimmer - Gondria (ABANDONED for Krush)

---

Also. If anyone has suggestions, I'm trying to locate good macros/rotations for BM spec. Normally I'm MM .
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Grats!
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Grats on the tame Phyra! 8D He looks happy with his new master!

....tempted to tame him now.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Phyra »

Thank you guys! :)

--And Sonata.. seriously. Tame him. I was shaking like a leaf before, during, and well after taming him. I think I'm still lulled in that 'AMG I did it? O_o; ' phase... but seriously it is so nice to be able to stand there and know... King of Northrend is mine :D

Though, I'm normally MM so I'm lost on DPS for BM :/

If you decide to tame him, recommend the macros/items above. Helped so much! More so than some of the wowhead suggestions. (blended those options).
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yay! Took me a while to cruise on over here because of the raid, but I wanted to congratulate you before I head to bed. You definitely planned and planned and planned, and it paid off! Isn't it funny how he seems to just be there when you aren't really looking? Well, kinda looking, but not camping-looking? Happened to me, too. Logged on on a sick day, not expecting to find anything, just checking before I went back to bed and BAM, there he was. Glimmering Pillar babeh. :D He's such an awesome, awesome pet. So huge congrats on the tame, and we now have our third Ysera hunter with KK! (myself, Tilo, and now you!!!) Wooooohoooooo!!!

Sarayana must have had the same idea I did parking her shaman out there. Sorry I didn't stay longer though, dang headache had been bothering me all day. :( Well, still, you got him in the end, so that's what really matters the most. ^.^

Grats again!!! [dance emoticon here] :D :hug: :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

*tackleclingstoFrisket*

I KNEW YOU'D GET HIM!
Now I have to catch you on Ysera soonish so I can haz big green dino hugs =D

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Very gratz :D

I love the name Avarice for it--Greed is Green! ...and on a sidenote, purple & blue night elf + Aotona looks gorgeous!!
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Grats on the tame.

Rhy, who drew that adorable sig? I wouldn't mid having a pic like that of a be male and Mosh that looks similar.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Dewclaw wrote:Grats on the tame.

Rhy, who drew that adorable sig? I wouldn't mid having a pic like that of a be male and Mosh that looks similar.
That would be kairii, the thread is right over here. :) I believe she's not taking more requests until this Friday, though.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Big gratz! ive only seen krush 2 times and Aotone once.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ah I see, wow 12 seconds is amazing feat! I can only seem to get mine down to 15 seconds but hopefully I'll be able to get it down more.
From my calculations I should have around 1700 haste rating with all my buffs and stuff, so heres hoping I justt get lucky. Been camping for a few days now constantly, my guildies are having alot of fun at my expense lmao mostly my raid leader who keeps calling Krush a purple dino aka Barney just to bug me lmao :lol: Told him to park his 100 chars (k not that much but it seems like it!) at shola and tell me when Krush spawns haha.
I really think I am probably just going to end up casually flying back there and the sucker spawns lol. Well just incase I have my bros chars parked there and my hearth set there so I am prepared!
I really like that name :) It has a good tone to it :) And its fitting after such a ordeal of taming that guy lol

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

How 'bout these name suggestions?

Emerald
Envy
Yoshisaurus (the name of my own green 'saur)
Reptar
Sceptile (pokemon reference http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/254.shtml that's what it looks like)
Jade
Patrick (St Patrick's Day)
Megatron (in an animal based Transformers series...Megatron was a T rex http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Csmegatronii2.jpg)
Cretaceous (The period in pre-history that T rexes lived in)
Rex
Trogdor (It sounds cool)

just some suggestions XD
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

:mrgreen: <---- Jealous me

Huge congrats!!!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Congrats! Krush is such a beautiful dino, I hope to have him someday :)
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Gratsi! hehe that was funny seeing ya in Dalaran & thinkin' oooh Apollyon has a playmate now!
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []