New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New Character Models confirmed as well as new Expansion!

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'll post at the front. Give me a bit. XD

EDIT: All up there now.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Wow, that list is awesome!!! Thank you so much for compiling it all, and for those that have helped find all the images ^^

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

No problem! I like to make stuff organized. x3

LisaaraPokefarm

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Wow I like the new undead face. I hope my female undead gets the same black-face-straps update. :D

I can't wait to see how the elves turn out. probably 90% of my toons are elves and I can't wait to see them get a face lift.
hmm I wonder if we will see more hairstyles emerge since they will have to redo/animate the hair anyway.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I'm hoping so! I hope we get quite a few new hairstyles, or that all hairstyles will become available to all races. Or something.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I'm most anxious for the troll females. I have no worries now for the female Undead after seeing the males but we've already seen new upgrades to troll males in the form of Vol'jin and while he makes a great example of reskinned male trolls, I'm nervous if the same bestiality is given to the females. Orcs are pretty savage, both male and female (so far only female we've seen was in the trailer but she's pretty scary) and trolls are little different. I want the softer, more feminine faces of the female trolls to be exactly that. Same for their bodies, I don't want them to come out like most, if not all fan-made reskins.

Granted I haven't probably seen most of said fan-made reskins and I probably am remembering fewer than I have actually seen, but I definitely was not a fan of em I know that. I keep grimacing when I try to remember what they looked like so they probably ended up not sitting well with me. Female trolls, female draenei, female night elves, female undead, and female blood elves are my absolute and most played races and genders (I rarely play male in general despite being a fan of male trolls, tauren, and pandaren haha).

I'm not worried at all for night elves and undead and still not sure what's going on with draenei and blood elves but supposedly they'll get done probably around the time, or later after whatever expansion comes after Warlords of Draenor? They did really well on them imo when they were new, they were a step up from the original 8 races graphically (I remember flip flopping over them and going nuts over the fact blood elves had a couple faces with make up and the hair looked so much better and smoother. xD) and these new models are absolutely stunning so I have no worries about what they'll look like after, mostly just if they'll get done. They probably will but they'll be the very, very last so I don't expect to see them updated for a very, very long time. But yeah, worried for troll females :X They'll more than likely come out really well after seeing Blizz is doing their absolute best to keep features intact, but I can't help but get anxious.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I played around a bit on the demo with these, and they do look really really good. Dwarf male less as impressive, but still good.

Gnomes are amazing.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

dorfs have no actual eyes? o.0
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziroth wrote:dorfs have no actual eyes? o.0
Of course they do. All the pics show them with eyes. The first one was just they were blinking.

LisaaraPokefarm

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Okay looks like I'll only be playing Dwarf ladies and Trolls (I imagine they will be similar to that hottie boss in ToT) this expansion. I love the Gnome too (and I used to HATE Gnomes) and I bet everything is just going to look amazing, but LOOK AT THAT DWARF. She's everything a Dwarf lady should be. Sexy, cute, strong and not some skinny supermodel. I love her. Oh my god I love her. I probably should go make more Dwarves RIGHT now. I already have five, but it's just not enough!!!
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Right??? Like... I'm in love with all the new models so far (except for maybe the tauren male, but I was never fond of tauren to begin with).
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Totally! The fem dwarves needed a revamp so bad and the lil gnome gal looks so lively! I LOVE IT!

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Aside from the large flat nose and green eyes (though I have the same eyes as my dad, chestnut brown but with green outer edge that could end up replacing all the brown), I kinda backed up a little with a nopenopenopenope awkward face cause it genuinely made me go 'is that like, the WoW version of me???'

Seriously. I am now immortalized as a female dwarf.

Minus the big flat nose and eye color.

And the short stubby, chubby build. I'm an average height toothpick.

:lol:

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

meepitco wrote:I've been away from WoW for a long time and I saw this and I might be coming back.
Just for this.
Oh my god.
Me too. Didn't like MoP so much and I'm on a WoW pause right now. But I'm coming back for the new expansion!
Tauren look still in developement but I already like it! So far I like all the new models, great job!! :D
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Shalyth wrote:I'm most anxious for the troll females. I have no worries now for the female Undead after seeing the males but we've already seen new upgrades to troll males in the form of Vol'jin and while he makes a great example of reskinned male trolls, I'm nervous if the same bestiality is given to the females. Orcs are pretty savage, both male and female (so far only female we've seen was in the trailer but she's pretty scary) and trolls are little different. I want the softer, more feminine faces of the female trolls to be exactly that. Same for their bodies, I don't want them to come out like most, if not all fan-made reskins.

Granted I haven't probably seen most of said fan-made reskins and I probably am remembering fewer than I have actually seen, but I definitely was not a fan of em I know that. I keep grimacing when I try to remember what they looked like so they probably ended up not sitting well with me. Female trolls, female draenei, female night elves, female undead, and female blood elves are my absolute and most played races and genders (I rarely play male in general despite being a fan of male trolls, tauren, and pandaren haha).

I'm not worried at all for night elves and undead and still not sure what's going on with draenei and blood elves but supposedly they'll get done probably around the time, or later after whatever expansion comes after Warlords of Draenor? They did really well on them imo when they were new, they were a step up from the original 8 races graphically (I remember flip flopping over them and going nuts over the fact blood elves had a couple faces with make up and the hair looked so much better and smoother. xD) and these new models are absolutely stunning so I have no worries about what they'll look like after, mostly just if they'll get done. They probably will but they'll be the very, very last so I don't expect to see them updated for a very, very long time. But yeah, worried for troll females :X They'll more than likely come out really well after seeing Blizz is doing their absolute best to keep features intact, but I can't help but get anxious.
I have to say that I hope not. I think that female trolls are already too 'cute' to be trolls. I know this discussion has been going on for ages, and I guess we will never agree on this. :P
I loved the old alpha female trolls, and I think it would be awesome if there were two different female troll models; one like the old alpha and one like the current one.
And don't get me wrong, I like them as they are now. One of my most played characters is a female troll. :)
But I think you might have to brace yourself, cause I have a feeling they will be going with something along the lines of this one for the female trolls:

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Oh, how I love that female troll design. I'm soooooo hoping the new troll models are something like that. Yes, yes, yes! She's savage and tough while still being feminine. I so can't wait!!!

Seeing the new Tauren males has me interested to see what the females are going to look like. I've been planning on switching back to my Tauren priest gal now that Khai is 80, so I'm highly curious to see what her new model will be. -bites lip- And blood elves, I really hope they get a new look. o.O

Of course, I've been swearing up and down I was going to do an Ally character in time for the next expac...and now looking at the dwarves they're on the top of that list. I think I'll wait and see what the night elves/human gals are going to look like before I fully choose. (WISH I liked the worgen females but they look too much like a mangy chihuahua then the werewolves I pictured. -sigh-)

But OMG. That troll. -swoon-
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

omg ive been waiting for upgrade of the models for AGES YEARS! finally something is happening! and looks good so far!

Signature Made By Senenith

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

They made it VERY clear they are not changing the models, they are updating them... ones like the forsaken get more changes because the old one was so crude (spine) but they are trying to stay as faithful to the old models as they can.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Added the female trolls to the front page. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Junrei wrote:Added the female trolls to the front page. :3
Those trolls aren't the player models, though. I believe it was an NPC model used sometime in Cata/MoP? They were just using it as an example as to how the females *might* end up looking once they're done. :3

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)