Blizzcon - running chatter

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: Blizzcon - running chatter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I've been switching between movie panel and HS Invitational, and I missed the very end of the finale T.T Last thing I saw was a 2/2. Anyone knows who won?

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Eyes of the Beast was removed when trying to prune things from classes and the code for it got removed as well. Removing it was a mistake, but it would take some time to add support for it again.

Ahh...
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I'm glad Ghostcrawler gave us a clear answer for that (and apologized for it too that was nice of him ^^)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Yeah. I'd heard that somewhere before, but it's nice to know it for a fact.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

i wish the kael'thas book was out now i need it like air i mean i know it's just going to rehash things we already know but STILL
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I've been thinking about the story implications of what they've revealed, and so:
- are we meeting Akama the priest?
- are we meeting Nobundo the pally?
- I know "our" Maraad is comming with us. What will happen if/when he meets his "other" self?
- is "our" Velen comming with us?
- same for Nobu and Akama (although Akama seems to have a full-time arena job now :P )
- we're interrupting the whole Medivh/Nerzhul/Guldan thing, and Sargeras and Kil'jaden probably won't be amused... should we start being afraid?
- can we jump on a spaceship with a draenei pilot, crash on the "other" Azeroth that won't know the horde invasion, the scourge etc and where high elves are aplenty, and "import" some of them for a playable Ally race? Please? Pwetty please? :3

and last but not least:
- so, due to Garry's intervention and the no-demon-stuff policy of his iron horde there won't be broken, even if the daenei do get wiped out. No broken means no Kurenai. And quite probably it means that a certain kurenai boy probably won't ever get born. It's not as if I wanted to jump ships, but I almost regret that our past stays safely unchanged... :P

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Myrrmi wrote:I've been thinking about the story implications of what they've revealed, and so:
- are we meeting Akama the priest?
- are we meeting Nobundo the pally?
- I know "our" Maraad is comming with us. What will happen if/when he meets his "other" self?
- is "our" Velen comming with us?
- same for Nobu and Akama (although Akama seems to have a full-time arena job now :P )
- we're interrupting the whole Medivh/Nerzhul/Guldan thing, and Sargeras and Kil'jaden probably won't be amused... should we start being afraid?
- can we jump on a spaceship with a draenei pilot, crash on the "other" Azeroth that won't know the horde invasion, the scourge etc and where high elves are aplenty, and "import" some of them for a playable Ally race? Please? Pwetty please? :3

and last but not least:
- so, due to Garry's intervention and the no-demon-stuff policy of his iron horde there won't be broken, even if the daenei do get wiped out. No broken means no Kurenai. And quite probably it means that a certain kurenai boy probably won't ever get born. It's not as if I wanted to jump ships, but I almost regret that our past stays safely unchanged... :P
Well, there are a few other considerations to be made...

When dear Metzen got up on stage to tell us where we would be going, he talked a lot about stopping Gary and the Iron Horde (great name for a punk band), but he NEVER said anything about setting things "right". This is not a "fix the timeline" story, it's "stop the guys who are flooding through the Dark Portal" story.

It's also clear that whatever Gary does/has-done/will-do has essentially created a branched timeline, so his and our actions aren't going to effect our past (at least according to the Blues). That, however, does raise the question of how we could go back and "save the past" in all those CoT dungeons and raids, but not this time?

That dilemma is at the core of all your time-related questions....
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

And on a side note, dealing with the issues of CoT time travel... and some of the issues that Myrmmi raises...

http://www.flinthammer.org/2008/06/15/fathers-day/
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I wanna know why I never hear any good arguments about them not going FtP. Here is my argument for why they should, if anyone is willing to post it on the WoW forums that would be great (I stopped playing).

WoW needs to go FtP if Blizzard wants their WoW subs to stop dropping and start rising. Here are my major points for it.

1. FtP does not mean no income. Think of LoL, Guild Wars, Maple Story, Starwars Online, Neverwinter Online, ect. all are FtP and all make enough money to keep their games going, add servers in other countries, add new features, updates, and expansions. Now the first three I mentioned do FtP right, more or less. They are not petty about it, they do not "require" you to buy things to make the game seem like it is a whole game. The people who made Neverwinter are petty, they only gives you two for each server and you have to buy bag slots, among other items, making it seem like you are playing a demo half time if you don't have the money for all that. Don't be petty.

2. Cash shop items, box fees, RaF, promo items, Blizzcon! all make tons of money annually. It is estimate that Riot currently takes in about $200 million in annual revenue and they make most of their money off skins and new champions and most people don't buy those things more than a few times a year. Does anyone remember the sparkle pony and that unbelievable line the first few days to get one, how many people bought those? Think about all the other cash shop only items people can buy, when I had money to spend I bought most of those items. I purchased a minipet that came with a stuffed animal, I didn't need either of those but because I had the money I bought a friend for my favorite character to follow her around when she was beating in the faces of raid bosses.

3. Times are tough, I'm betting most of those recent sub losses are because of this fact. People have more choices about what online games they play and a FtP game will always win over a sub game when $15 equals a week's worth of food. Allowing people to play a game and have the option to buy things is a working business model. If I could still play WoW I would have saved up and bought a Virtual Blizzcon ticket, mostly for the minipet. I would also save up for a RaF mount/minipet as well but I'm not going to do that if I can only play for a month.

4. If you make it FtP they will come, well come back anyways. If more people come back then there are more people to buy things and most likely buy more often. I want to come back and play with my friends, collect mounts/minipets, down raid bosses, destroy some shamies camping the Lumber Mill in AB, and all that jazz. WoW used to be my favorite game I enjoyed camping for hours on end to tame Loque'nahak, I enjoyed going without sleep so I could be one of the first to level cap, I even enjoyed grinding out rep to get "The Insane" title (I didn't finish :cry: ). I can't do any of that anymore because the economy blows so I play FtP and one time box fee games, I'm sure many other are in the same boat.

5. Many people who play FtP MMORPGs play them because of WoW. How do I know this because many FtP MMORPGs are "WoW like" (I'm not going to say clone because a clone is an exact copy). Check out the most popular new FtP MMORPGs, what do their interfaces look like or can look like, how you interact with NPCs, ect. all very "WoW like". Why is that, because being "wow like" works because WoW is fun and many people gravitate towards that. Many people stopped playing WoW and started playing those other games because they are free and WoW is not.

6. WoW going FtP makes sense with all these other MMORPGs going FtP. I can either save up and play WoW for two months or buy a new game and play it for free forever. As a full-time college student I would choose the latter, only being able to play a few hours every week means I would hardly get anything out of WoW, do a few dailies maybe a raid or two but not worth the cash when I can keep playing the other game until the servers go down.

These are my points, when I think of more I will add them (most likely as soon as I click submit). :lol: :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Why not make that a new thread?
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

cowmuflage wrote:Why not make that a new thread?
Because I didn't think it needed it's own thread. :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Rawr wrote:
Well it's not really related to Blizzcon chatter is it? I mean it's about going FTP. But what ever.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

cowmuflage wrote:
Rawr wrote:
Well it's not really related to Blizzcon chatter is it? I mean it's about going FTP.
Well I think it is, every year I hear someone ask about it and they never give a real answer as to why WoW isn't going FtP. :mrgreen:

Slickrock

F2P = P2W

Want access to that 2 or 3rd spec? $9.95
Want early access to the new raid? $10.49
Want the translucent armour? $45.95
Want a second, third or 4th 90? $35.95

The day WoW goes F2P is the day I quit.

Back to WoD please....
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Slickrock wrote:F2P = P2W

Want access to that 2 or 3rd spec? $9.95
Want early access to the new raid? $10.49
Want the translucent armour? $45.95
Want a second, third or 4th 90? $35.95

The day WoW goes F2P is the day I quit.

Back to WoD please....
You don't know that will happen, Blizzard prides itself on being the gaming elite I doubt they would want to lose their rep for that when they have already lost so many subs already. I see them releasing more minipets and mounts for the cash shop as well as more flavor items like weapon effects and armor mogs. They may restrict some things but I doubt it will be anything like what you listed. Also translucent armor come on, there is already a translucent chest piece in the game and you can't mog it (also a cape). If you want early access to a raid there is a thing called the PtR that is FtP, minus all the friend things (one of the main reasons to play). You listed second and third spec twice making me think you are grabbing at things. It sounds like you don't want a lot of people to play WoW, you like the dwindling numbers in many realms, you like the economy crash because because of the lack of people, you like CRZ? WoW will still be around without going FtP but it is still loosing subs to other "WoW like" FtP games for a reason and it will continue to lose subs because of the fact that people have the option now to go play those games without have to decide if they want to play a game for a month or eat. :mrgreen:

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think this is all a bit off-topic, but let's please remember to all be polite to one another! Free-to-play doesn't necessarily mean pay-to-win, but it is understandable to have reservations about it. Our opinions don't make us better than each other, and not linking f2p doesn't mean we like economy crashes; the opposite, of course, is also true in that there can be no assumptions made about those who prefer f2p other than that they prefer f2p.

On topic: I wish we knew more about that lady draenei, and I really wish she was on the heroes list. Has anyone heard anything other than that she's WoW's Joan of Arc?
• Aela's Pet Journal

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

@F2P - it's not P2W that would make me upset, I don't care about "winning" anyway, but the kind of community F2P games attract in general. I've played many f2p games in the past, untill I've decided I'm to old for that poop :/ Skin is not the same anymore, you know, wincing and grimacing every other interaction is a great recipe for getting early wrinkles, and not of the cute, perma-laughing kind.