"Chatty" saber worg and tiger - on click vocalization

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

"Chatty" saber worg and tiger - on click vocalization

Unread post by Kintsugi »

Sooo....after having both the oil wolf and Kung Din tamed with his chain for ages (and for anyone who doesn't know, no, you can't pull it off anymore. Blizz "fixed" it) and just noticed both of them have on-click vocalization. I suppose its cause I never actually use them because I'm scared they'll lose their special effects.

But, even though they can't have their special effects anymore, both Kung Din and the Oil-stained Wolf vocalize on click without the trick tame too. I went and tamed them as normal after noticing what had been in my stables all along and sure enough, as of last night just before server maintenance started, Kung Din and Oil-stained Worg are chatty.

This is pretty cool, I think, cause I love the NR worg model and of course the Pandaren tiger. This is I think the first saber worg and tiger we've found that vocalize. So, for wolves, now there is a chatty version of each type. For cats, only two models are chatty, but its better than none. And I think I'm going to have to do a massive taming sweep of .....everything now. Cause rares having this feature seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Seems like its mostly obscure mobs there are bunches of that go unnoticed. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: "Chatty" saber worg and tiger - on click vocalization

Unread post by Wain »

Cool to know. Thanks :). I'll update them on the spreadsheet
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I believe Kher Shan also has on-click vocalizations. He's the first Pandaren tiger Tahlian tamed when he got out there, and I clicked on him the other day to make sure he was "mute" before I swapped him out for Kung Din. Imagine my surprise and delight when he roared when I clicked on him. :)

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kintsugi wrote:For cats, only two models are chatty, but its better than none. And I think I'm going to have to do a massive taming sweep of .....everything now. Cause rares having this feature seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Seems like its mostly obscure mobs there are bunches of that go unnoticed. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Which cats have you tested? I was going to check on all the brown panda tigers, but didn't want to duplicate anyone else's efforts.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

GormanGhaste wrote:
Kintsugi wrote:For cats, only two models are chatty, but its better than none. And I think I'm going to have to do a massive taming sweep of .....everything now. Cause rares having this feature seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Seems like its mostly obscure mobs there are bunches of that go unnoticed. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Which cats have you tested? I was going to check on all the brown panda tigers, but didn't want to duplicate anyone else's efforts.
I already had Chasheen, Kung Din, Savage, Duskcoat, the jade cat, Ruukti and the ghost cat and none but the jade cat and Kung Din make noise. I wish I could say I've checked on more than my stables, but I've been busy trying to power level a rogue, with JC, for my guild >.< Sorry :(
Maybe someday that rogue will be done and I can get back to wandering around taming things.
Of course, double checking doesn't hurt. Generally a good idea really, unless one is planning on taming every beast on 5 continents.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

No apologies needed! Think I'll try working my way through the panda tigers later this week.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Oh, I already checked every single turtle in Pandaria, before the rogue ate my life. So those are covered, as are Karazhan including the rares and the Worgen starting zone. The Pandaren starter zone is almost covered, but I forgot the Corsac foxes at the very begining of the zone.

This probably needs it's own topic XD