Proper no-PvP toggle!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Re: Proper no-PvP toggle!

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Kayb wrote:While this is a good step and loooong over due, I still wish they'd just leave PVP only to PVP servers.

I mean aside from when you run into an enemy town or city, it should be completely disabled on PVE servers
I think that's what they're trying to do, besides selecting PvP mode specifically by hand yourself. People should be able to be in PvP mode if they feel like it.

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Proper no-PvP toggle!

Unread post by Boven »

It's a good idea. I know I've accidentally flagged when buffing folks randomly in town. I've also had some low level char helpfully try to heal/buff me when I was defending Crossroads or another town and end up getting themselves flagged and killed.

I also remember when Alliance from a couple guilds on Argent Dawn would stand around the little room with the BWL orb and park a stealthed, flagged rogue on it so they could gank Horde who were trying to zone in for a raid.

Of course, it also means no blue-flagging, which I really only do when defending the capitols. I recall long ago being in a group who ported to Thunder Bluff after a raid to defend Cairne. One of the mages in the group later realized that she'd blown through her entire mana bar aoe'ing and had forgotten to flag herself first. At least she gave the Alliance a nice show to watch.