We don't need new design of pet just make all tamable.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

We don't need new design of pet just make all tamable.

Unread post by erictks1 »

I do think it will be good blizzard make all pet are tamable besides working hard to design new one . Besides this those pet with aura appearance should be able to keep their appearance. That will be cool. This will makes us have tons of new pet to tame.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: We don't need new design of pet just make all tamable.

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd rather not all the things become tameable. There are rhyme and reasons behind why some things arent(Dragons and their sentience being a prime example).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

As SB pointed out in another post, Blizzard is aware how much we like pets with visual effects, and is trying to find a way to make those permanent:

https://twitter.com/StephenDawson14/sta ... 0392231936
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Again, moving to the pet forum.

A lot of people are hopeful of pet auras staying.

As for new models, I don't think they normally work on new hunter pet models, as much as just work on new NPCs for zones. And then the devs just choose new tames from that!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I also don't want ALL beasts tamable and not just for lore reason. I'd really like ALL beasts update and not boxy. I must've said this a million times. Better to have less available (IN MY OPINION) where the models look new and amazing then hundreds of old boxy options.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

Saying we don't need new pets' designs for the next expansion is like saying with don't need new character models.
Have you looked at the new "beasts" that will come out in WoD?? I know I have and I definitely know I WILL tame one of those amazing-looking boars.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

zedxrgal wrote:I also don't want ALL beasts tamable and not just for lore reason. I'd really like ALL beasts update and not boxy. I must've said this a million times. Better to have less available (IN MY OPINION) where the models look new and amazing then hundreds of old boxy options.

this ^ there are tons of creatures I want for pets (and I still find it funny how we ride dragons and make their children battle to the death but cant tame them- but that's just details I find amusing and not really an argument.) but lore or just common sense make many of those beats off limits. which is fine since blizz has really given us a lot.

and I would much rather have new models with a more updated look than be able to tame something exotic from vanilla with clipping problems and boxy joints that can poke your eye out.

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I agree with the posts above, we shouldn't make ALL beasts tamable, as in a previous comment, there is actual reasoning behind why we can't tame certain beasts (sometimes for a large intelligent quotient or lack-of) I would much rather see new beasts that look good than some of the ones we have now, for example: The new MOP Tigers that were released, sure they look fantastic now, but comparing them to the new models we'll be receiving in Warlords of Draenor, we will definitely see the low-polygon count on them, lack of animations (both body and facial), etc.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark