Level 90 discussion

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Level 90 discussion

Unread post by Redith »

So with the news that you will be able to get a level 90 right off the bat, I am sure some people want to share what they will do with that 90, or maybe they are not sure what they want to do. Do you level your main up? Or what about your secondary? Maybe you have no level 90 draenei but are considering making one for the expac. Maybe there is a class you want to play but have not really put fourth much effort towards it until now.
This thread is both for the people who have made up their minds as to what they are going to do, as well as though who have no idea and want advice
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Level 90 discussion

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm making it a class I've done already and dont wanna level again.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:I'm making it a class I've done already and dont wanna level again.
Yeah pretty much this...I already have a few 90 doubles atm (2 hunters, 2 druids). I might boost my warlock on moon guard if I don't get there before WoD simply because I prefer to role play on that realm than do quests and lvl (had alot of fun the other night in the inn in the mage quarters). The idea of being 90 and able to transmog her up to how I think her RP character looks is very appealing.

I might do a horde toon on my other account just so I have a few more of the other faction but unsure at this point...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm doing my Shammy I think. I don't need more then one of the same class at 90. The only reason I have 3 hunters is because I made them back when you only had ONE spec. Shit that makes me feel old :S
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I was considering a Pandaren Shaman or a Worgen Warlock.

I am still unsure.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm like 90% sure I want to boost a druid because I've always wanted one, but my problem is deciding on a race! I've started and deleted and restarted druids for years because I always change my mind on the animal form models. I don't think I've ever made it much farther than level 30.

Overall I think I'm fondest of the Worgen animal forms, but I'd really rather have a Horde character. Hrgg....
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Become a funky disco troll bear!
Vephriel

Trolls sadly disappointed me when it came to their models. :( I was looking forward to troll druids so much, and while I do like the bear forms, overall their models just don't have the same level of polish that other races do. They really dropped the ball on the cats especially, in my opinion.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote:Trolls sadly disappointed me when it came to their models. :( I was looking forward to troll druids so much, and while I do like the bear forms, overall their models just don't have the same level of polish that other races do. They really dropped the ball on the cats especially, in my opinion.
Hmm I quite like my funky cat! Shes been stuck at lvl 54 for awhile though. I really like my worgen and nightelf though. The nightelf wins as far as bird form goes (the bat is all kinds of wrong!) and the Tauren's aren't bad. I have all 4 races in various lvls (2x 90's, lvl 5oish troll and Tauren in 30's). I'll get around to them one day!

Shadowlands

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:Trolls sadly disappointed me when it came to their models. :( I was looking forward to troll druids so much, and while I do like the bear forms, overall their models just don't have the same level of polish that other races do. They really dropped the ball on the cats especially, in my opinion.
Troll druids still make me a little sad too. I LOVE trolls, their lore, their vibe, just many things about them. When they announced that they were becoming Druids I was so excited to see where they would go. Even more so when the fan art started coming through of what they might look like.

(*Note none of this is mine, all props to the orgianl artists)

etc.

For me they fell short . They ended up being much to pastel for my liking, they were bright yet very unsaturated, all the body fur options very grey and dull with very little contrast. You can have darker colours and textures, but they can still be rich and compelling.

They had the right idea, just really missed the mark on the colour combos and options. (The last one above showed GREAT! potential for a combo of Bright Trollish colours mixed with primal natural ones.)

The bears forms, very much of the same opinion too. And lastly that Flight form. I was SOOOO happy they decided to go with a bat, but one I saw it, I was a little sad at the size of it. It was a LOT bigger than I was hoping for and instead of flitting and flapping like a bat does through the air, it just slowly glided it's wings up and down, much to slowly for the speed in which you moved. And again, the bat was just a little too big for my taste.

I know everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but the Troll druids that I reaaaaly want to play as, left me wanting a bit too much more as well.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel

*nodnod* That's exactly my thoughts on the troll cat forms SB. They just went with such...bizarre colour choices, they all ended up looking rather drab and unsaturated and not what I was expecting at all. :(
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Eh still find em better then the Worgen ones :lol:
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'll be boosting my Petopia Tauren druid "Hunterpet"
I love the tauren druid forms the best, though worgen forms are a VERY close second. And I really want to be able to play with my fellow Petopians again, but I am getting a little burned out on the multi-server alts...so instant boost to 90 will definitely make her far more appealing to play!

I was also looking forward to troll druids and found the pastel colors to be a complete let down...I'd been hoping they would be more vibrant in their fur color along with the funky hair...heck, even if the base color was the orange tiger look it would have been far more appealing (imo) then what they chose.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

And just to be even more different...I actually miss the original nelf and tauren cats *ducks* and wish we could glyph them back if we wanted to like travel form :)

Shadowlands

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I've made a new char, a pve orc huntress for the sole purpose of boosting her, and I'm currently lvling her up to 60 to grab the veteran profession bonus. Oh, and she's on Bloodhoof's Petopians guild :)
Why:
1. I want to do full draenor questing on both factions, to know both sides of the story. My main will do the Ally part, but I still needed a horde char. I have one, but ->
2. I'm sick of my current lvl90 "double agent" (DK... I've had enough of DKs) and her server (EU-Burning Legion - bad for non-polish speakers as 90% of chat is in polish, even worse for Polish as they understand it all /despair).
3. I hate questing-lvling as Horde. I play Alliance and am not used to 30-50% of the quests making me cringe >.> Also, carrying out garrosh orders as I lvl is not fun.
4. I fell in love with that frostwolf orcess from the trailer.
5. I've started a HUNTRESS project - I plan on lvling a huntress of every race. You can never have too many hunters :lol

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Besides boosting my Main Redith I will probably get a second boost to make a Dranai toon of some class. IDK if I will make another hunter. Will probably roll a Pali a warrior or shammi
Edanna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bored of all gaming, what else is new XD

Unread post by Edanna »

Once they finally get it out cause I was hoping it would already be out hmph...

I will be getting a 90 rogue cause I don't have one and I want 1 of each class and also boosting my lvl 30 warrior because I gave up on leveling her just too lazy for it and its not as fun as tera leveling lol.

And in regards to troll druids the cat forms to me were bland almost every skin color is the same just either darker or lighter but the same color at least bear form has several different colors with blue being my fave and the bat is fine for me no probs with it at all.
I can't seem to remember my troll druid though so I either faction changed her or I deleted her? I don't know that's so creepy OMG!

But yeah bring on the boost!

Ok so I got myself a rogue also not a fan of the dps so far...

And thanks to all that I have officially spent $273 on wow in 2 days but at least ive got all the chars I wanted and that price is with the xpac pre order its not all boosts heh
Last edited by Edanna on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'll likely be boosting a DK from 60 to 90 purely for the profession boost to 600, to provide another crafting alt.

However, there are going to be a lot of profession changes in WoD, so I'm going to save the boost until I see what all the changes are, and what the interactions with the Garrisons are.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Cedric

Unread post by Cedric »

I know I be making an awesome hunter....of what race, I haven't decided
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Pretty sure that I am going to make either a hunter or a shaman on another server-perhaps an RP server, for a couple of reasons.

1) My main server is mostly full of toons. I have 7 level 90 toons on there and a number of other toons that I am in the process of leveling.

2) I've always wanted to try an RP server, but start off, get to Goldshire and grow disgusted. I'd like to see them at a higher level.

3) I am NOT one of those players who can learn a new class/spec from a high level position. In the Beta I had a level 85 shaman, before I ever played shaman, and was confused as heck. I went to try destruction spec on my warlock today for the first time and couldn't make hide nor hair of what I was doing. I can't really learn a spec unless I level it from scratch.