Idea on how to tame Kung Din with chain...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cameralady

Idea on how to tame Kung Din with chain...

Unread post by cameralady »

So, in this thread it's mentioned that the way to tame pets with appearance buffs is finally dead. I've been glitch taming in this manner since WOTLK, so it's sad to finally see it go. I know I'm late to the party, but I'm only just coming back to the game.

And, of course, I learned about Kung Din.

After reading a lot of threads on this forum and others, this seems to be the consensus regarding blizzard's fix of the glitch tame - the pet release macro, killing the pet at the same time the tame finishes, etc, all don't work because it's a player killing the mob. When the game 'kills' the mob via despawn, like for the flaming boar, the angered arakkoa protector, or the oil wolves and birds, it still works, but it's very hard to do, and you have to be on the quest. But if you can line up the end of your tame with the 'killing' of the mob by the game, it DOES still work... It's just significantly harder than ever.

I'm levelling in the Jade Forest right now, and I notice that tigers and porcupines don't like each other. They aggro each other constantly. And that got me thinking about Kung Din... If Kung Din is hostile to porcupines like every other tiger in the zone... AND you could kite a porcupine to Kung Din without killing it... AND the porcupine could kill him, without taking aggro from you, at the same time as your tame ends... AND the game considered a kill by a porcupine to be legitimate for the purposes of this bug... could we finally have another method to get a collared Kung Din pet?

I don't know. But I'm gonna try it.

(this is gonna take a lot of attempts)
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Idea on how to tame Kung Din with chain...

Unread post by Makoes »

I don't think the tigers attack a porcupine if it is already in combat with something else...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Makoes is right. Even if you could kite a porcupine that far the Kung Din would never attack it. As soon as he attacked you the porcupine with reset and run back.
Not to mention it's been rumored Blizzard is working on ways to allow hunters to tame beasts with appearance buffs.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

cameralady

zedxrgal wrote:it's been rumored Blizzard is working on ways to allow hunters to tame beasts with appearance buffs.
wat
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 53&t=21892
They're looking into possibly adding visual effects to pets that stay after taming. :)
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Blue tweet here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 53&t=21892 (whoops Vephriel beat me to it!)
cameralady

That's interesting - I assume it won't come until Draenor. When they go over everything in the game to re-tune it for the itemization squish, it would make sense to apply that feature in the same pass.

I had a plague mastiff before... I know they're exploitable pets due to the AOE damage effect, but I really like the green glow and smoke. I hope they're able to differentiate between the physical effects of a buff, and the potential in-battle effects of that buff. I'd like that mastiff back.
Machinima
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Machinima »

I like this idea. I don't like reading 'no because of this' well guess what, taming a pet as it dies sounded silly too, and look what they gave us.
I too will experiment with this idea as well. Thinking AoE in this too, much calculation will be involved.

EDIT: Adding the visual effect to the game on pets for hunters is a bad idea, good, but bad.
All the pets you own, I have, someone else has, everyone has, those few unique pets tamed from glitching
are what make your hunter just that much cooler/special.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Machinima wrote: EDIT: Adding the visual effect to the game on pets for hunters is a bad idea, good, but bad.
All the pets you own, I have, someone else has, everyone has, those few unique pets tamed from glitching
are what make your hunter just that much cooler/special.
This is a little bit of an elitest attitude :|

Yes the trick tames were fun and exciting, and if the visuals appealed to you, by all means try them out. But having one, whether or not it have been grandfathered, does not make you any more special than anyone else. Don’t get me wrong, I have a couple of them myself, because it was mainly because didn't like the idea of them being removed and then not having the option to tame one later if I wanted to.

If I had my way I would reimplement all the grandfathered/retired pets so those whom love the model can use them. Much like Karoma making a comeback after the Grimtotem Spirit Wolf was removed. I managed to tame the original one prior to removal, but I was ecstatic that they were implementing the model again, it's one of my favourites. Same for the Hydra, and Maggot worms, etc, etc, etc.

Anyways, that’s just my opinion. :?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

So…
if i understand Ms Cameralady correct, the few appearance buff pets
that die/disappear due to game mechanics ARE still available?
and quest is required.. or can you be hooked up with someone on that quest?
omg.. don't get me excited if thats not the case !
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

No they're not available. All the buff pets were hotfixed.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

cameralady wrote:AND the porcupine could kill him, without taking aggro from you, at the same time as your tame ends... AND the game considered a kill by a porcupine to be legitimate for the purposes of this bug... could we finally have another method to get a collared Kung Din pet?
i found a few flaws in this:
-I think you'd have to get aggro of the Porcupine from you to Kung Din, and right now i don't see how that's possible.
-If you did managed to get aggro on the porcupine to din, and din to you, that would require some damage somewhere. The game could possible record said damage, and you would technically be "apart" of the kill, even if you didn't land the killing blow.
-If you dont do aggro switch, it simply wouldn't work because you need aggro to tame.
Vephriel wrote:http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 53&t=21892
They're looking into possibly adding visual effects to pets that stay after taming. :)
But there's always this ^

Clever thinking, though.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr