Level 90 discussion

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Level 90 discussion

Unread post by Lupis »

I'll probably boost up my troll hunter. I've been wanting another hunter recently, but my only hunter on WrA is a dwarf and I play Horde on WRA.

Sortofkindof considering boosting a DK, but eehhhh... I just can't level them up, and I think that's a bad sign.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I'll probably boost up my troll hunter. I've been wanting another hunter recently, but my only hunter on WrA is a dwarf and I play Horde on WRA.

Sortofkindof considering boosting a DK, but eehhhh... I just can't level them up, and I think that's a bad sign.
Nice choice Lupis, I'm thinking a troll hunter also. :)

It will be a 2nd hunter, but then I'll have one horde and one ally on the same sever, I've become so used to playing one and love to do so, and so bad at any other class, it's the right choice for me.

Though I will also wait and see how all the other new models pan out, I may end up choosing a different race if they bugger up trolls to much or pull out some amazing designs for another horde race that I fall in love with. (Yes I’m that shallow, it’s all about the looks baby! :P )
Will just have to ait and see on that front. ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm still thinking my troll shammy. She is level 30 right now and I do have a level 2 monk and now I can't decide! I think it will be the shammy. After all I have a full set of timeless Isle gear that she can use!
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Sortofkindof considering boosting a DK, but eehhhh... I just can't level them up, and I think that's a bad sign.
Yeah, I feel the same way about druids. My first thought was boosting a druid because I've always wanted one. But I've started so many druids in my WoW life and never got them past level 40 or so. And I worry that that's probably because I actually don't like playing a duid :P . And I don't want to waste my boost on a char I end up never really playing.

I'm also worried about boosting a class that I'm not familiar with because that may mean I get too confused with all the new stuff, which would make it even more likely I give up playing it.

So I'll probably end up boosting a class I already have at 90. I play both Horde and Alliance and so far the only class I have on both sides is hunter. I have a shaman and priest on Horde side and a rogue and mage on Alliance. So I'm thinking about making a Draenei shaman or priest. That way I have a Draenei to take to Draenor and a class I know I like. :D

Lok'tar ogar!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Like I said in my thread on this topic, I'm boosting my Undead Warlock. I play him as Demonology with a Felguard so the playstyle is similar to a Beastmaster Hunter. I just want to see the expansion from both sides which I really never have done before.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'll only be doing a boost for the extra professions, but I do want to see what to profession changes for Warlords will be.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I have several accounts, and I only have three classes left that are not level 90. And those three are all above level 80.
And since all of those are horde, I'm most likely going to boost some alliance characters instead. Haven't decided on the classes yet. :)

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Redith wrote:Maybe you have no level 90 draenei but are considering making one for the expac. Maybe there is a class you want to play but have not really put fourth much effort towards it until now.
Both of those. I've never gotten a paladin past level 10, and the only Draenei I got to max level was a priest I made to get my guild the "every class/race combo" achievement back in cata. I deleted it so I could make a night elf mage (for same achievement, those were the last two combos we needed). For the roles I want to play well, I already have characters at level 90 that I like to play. So a Draenei paladin as an RP character (and for goofing off) would be a perfect use of the boost for me, especially since I want to wait for new player models before I make it. I don't want to waste the time to level one if it's going to get a weird face-lift.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Sonofa...well Now I don't know what I want to do with my free level up.... My biggest problem is do I level my blood elf so I can play with the rest of you guys (petopian hordies that you are) or do I level up a human or Nelf that I have been wanting for a while....
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

I've already got a mage I want to boost

I've always wanted a mage, and the new human models look great.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Redith wrote:Sonofa...well Now I don't know what I want to do with my free level up.... My biggest problem is do I level my blood elf so I can play with the rest of you guys (petopian hordies that you are) or do I level up a human or Nelf that I have been wanting for a while....
Any advice guys?
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I ended up boostng a warlock on my new guilds realm as that was the only class I didnt have at 90 and on my 2nd account boosted a Troll druid from 60 just because I like her funky cat form :P

I may pay to boost my lock on Moon Guard for RP but haven't decided yet...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

For those of you who haven't done this yet, I suggest having a transmog outfit planned and, if possible, waiting. I didn't anticipate how much my intense dislike of the new outfit would inhibit my desire to play the character.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm starting to lean towards using my boost on a RP character. As I've never managed to get myself immersed in one, and lately I've been getting the urge to attempt it, I thought it might be better than boosting a class I've never had before.

The more I think about it the more hesitant I am to gain a level 90 of a class I don't have experience with because I have a feeling I'll be hopelessly lost with all the abilities I'm unfamiliar with. Sure I could look things up, but when I level a character I learn the all the little habits and preferences as I go. Getting everything at once seems overwhelming, so I'm thinking I might be better off boosting a hunter (which I'm already completely familiar with) and using them as a high level character on a RP realm.

I don't know though, I'm still changing my mind a lot and since I'm waiting on the physical CE it'll be a while before I have to make a real decision. :lol: Just thinking out loud here.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

GormanGhaste wrote:For those of you who haven't done this yet, I suggest having a transmog outfit planned and, if possible, waiting. I didn't anticipate how much my intense dislike of the new outfit would inhibit my desire to play the character.
This. ;_; I'm so glad I got some Timeless Isles gear fast, because oh my god I hate the outfit you get upon boosting to 90. Especially on my poor troll, he looks hideous.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:For those of you who haven't done this yet, I suggest having a transmog outfit planned and, if possible, waiting. I didn't anticipate how much my intense dislike of the new outfit would inhibit my desire to play the character.
This. ;_; I'm so glad I got some Timeless Isles gear fast, because oh my god I hate the outfit you get upon boosting to 90. Especially on my poor troll, he looks hideous.
I am not sure what or how you transmog anything but I really REALLY want a level 90 horde hunter that I will probably overlook how he looks
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I'm so glad I got some Timeless Isles gear fast, because oh my god I hate the outfit you get upon boosting to 90. Especially on my poor troll, he looks hideous.
Ha ha, the Mage outfit certainly wasn't to my taste! She didn't even look like herself anymore. Luckily, there was a lot of Laughing Skull gear on the AH; that should do her for a transmog at least temporarily.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I actually like the outfit my undead 'Lock got. I may use it for transmog in the future. Especially his staff.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm curious about this gear now, does anyone have screenshots? :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:I'm curious about this gear now, does anyone have screenshots? :)
http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=148 ... viewer:1+1
http://www.wowhead.com/item=101083#modelviewer
It's an eyeball staff.