6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: 6.0 Hunter Patch Notes

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Nachtwulf wrote: The pet family thing is concerning, but since they aren't removing all pet abilities (the buff stuff is sticking around) I suspect they're likely to just redistribute buffs to the CC families..
With 33 families effected, 24 now completely striped of abilities of 45 families, that’s more than 1/2 now sharing out what we have left on the buff/debuff list thus unaffected.

Buffs
~ Stats: (Currently exotic only)
~ Spell Power:
~ Critical Strike:
~ Stamina:(Currently exotic only)
~ Haste:
~ Mastery:
~ Burst haste: BloodLust/Hero (Currently exotic only)
~ Battle Resurrection: (Currently exotic only)
~ Heal over Time: (Currently exotic only)

Debuffs
~ Spell Damage Taken:

Remove the (Currently exotic only) and that’s 5 abilities left for 45 families, and this excludes and other pet families that we may or may not get in WOD.

I guess at this rate, it could just end up being:

Tame pet, teach it 1 of the 5 buff/debuffs you want. If you tamed an exotic, can teach it an extra 1 of the 5 from this list, job done.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I don't know that I honestly wouldn't be fine with that. I mean, if someone REALLY LIKES a pet, like... say cats. I love cats. (moreso now that they aren't the pet everyone and their brother has)... but Mastery is... meh. I only put out mastery pets if other people want or need them.

If I could have a crit cat? Or a multistrike cat? Or a haste cat? I would be all over that. It makes the pets a lot more customizable to the specific hunter and comes back to the idea of 'bring the pet you want not the pet your raid leader insists you have'.

Besides... say you busted your butt to tame one of those 'challenge rare' spiders, like I did. I'd sure like to show him off more, and being able to switch out his ability so I could use him more instead of letting him collect dust because x, y, and z pets are more useful...? Yeah. Not a bad solution really.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

There are a few others I think I missed, the 4% extra damage taken? But yeah, the list is small. It's not a terrible option I guess, just really homogenises the pets. But hey, at least one could pick any pet they wanted, which in the end, is what most of us here probably really want, let’s be honest :)

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm reserving my judgement until later on. These are most likely not set in stone I don't think.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Hunters: ¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

^ That's me right now.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Why do I have this strange feeling...

"Next Patch UPDATE"

"We decided that Focus was complicated for players to handle. So we're going to remove hunters from using any resource whatsoever, and just relay strictly on Auto-Attacks and Cooldowns."
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Nachtwulf wrote:If you're unhappy with the cc changes... blame the pvpers.
I'd apologize for using my silithid's webbing, but I really don't think the hunter's pets are the worst offenders cc wise. I think taking out tons of hunters' pets cc makes it look like they are putting a handle on pet CC, even though DK, warlock, and mages all have their pets' cc still.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

SpiritBinder wrote:I guess at this rate, it could just end up being:

Tame pet, teach it 1 of the 5 buff/debuffs you want. If you tamed an exotic, can teach it an extra 1 of the 5 from this list, job done.
I really like this idea. Would solve some problems with which pets we need to bring. I know they wanted to move out of the "Bring Wolf/Ravager or GTFO" syndrome, which I thought they did, until it turned once again into it with "Bring Sporebat or GTFO".

At first I was also against removing some of the Exotic only skills like Ancient Hysteria and Eternal Guardian from BM and giving it to MM and SV, but after this expansion, I think they really should remove all restrictions on some of the Exotic skills so that all specs can use them. It would also fit well into SpiritBinder's proposed system too. I say "some" because a few of those Exotic skills would seem very out of place on other family types. I'm not sure how I'd feel to see a Carrion Bird giving me Water Walking or something other than a Spirit Beast healing me. Those could be converted into Bonus skills for their specific family. But other skills like Stam, Stats, Burst Haste, Spell Power and Battle Rez wouldn't look too out of place on other families (some might need to have multiple named versions to fit with different family types).

My initial sentiment was that I felt that some MM and SV Hunters wanted to steal away from BM some of their unique perks, but talking with other Hunters during MoP I realized that for some of them it actually made them feel forced to play a spec they didn't want to play as just so they could give their raids the Exotic pet skills they wanted to use. If there's one thing BM didn't need was even more hate being thrown at it.

I'm also wondering if they will put Exotic Beasts at level 10 instead of keeping it at level 69. I mean, it no longer reduces out pet's skills cooldowns, so why not? I know one of the major thing people against it said was that they didn't want low level Hunters running around with the Bloodlust buff. Well when you think about it, Cats and Spirit Beasts don't learn their Mastery buff skill until level 81, so why wouldn't Blizzard make Ancient Hysteria only available at level 70 just like for Shamans? I also found it quite weird to see them add new Rare pets that where Exotics on Azeroth with patch 5.1 when we can't even tame them before level 69. It left me thinking "Why even bother?"

When GC talked about the Talent Tree revamp for Cata and how they wanted us to feel like we where playing our spec at level 10 instead of 60 levels down the road, I thought that it didn't apply to BM Hunters very much. Heck, even the description of the spec said we could tame pets the other specs couldn't tame, but made no mention that it was in fact only 60 levels later. And it still felt that way in MoP even if that description is not on the Spec selection panel. It also feels like a bother to have to backtrack to Azeroth and Outland once we hit level 69 to go back and tame all those Exotic pets we saw before and couldn't tame, which is even more annoying if they're a Rare spawn.

I hope someone at Blizzard will at least tell us what they intend to do with Hunter's pets now that so many skills where removed from them. I thought it was going to be in the Hunter section after I saw all those pet skills being removed, but was disapointed that it wasn't talked about at all. Oh well, there's still time before WoD comes out to find out what will happen. :(
ImageImage
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, it's only just barely in alpha, nevermind closed beta.

As for the exotic thing... I think some of the abilities should remain exotic only (spirit heal, bloodlust) but others (fort buff, water walking) aren't really in the same class and don't really need the restriction in my mind. I mean, water walking is only a convenience, except in the very specific instance of being able to chase down Evermaw easily...

Anyhow, look at cats. Cats only have prowl (an ability of only minor use) until 80(?) when Mastery becomes a thing. I see absolutely no reason exotics couldn't be treated like cats are, with being able to be tamed at whatever level, but only gaining their second ability at 69. Take shalespiders. There's one in Arathi Highlands. Say you're 25 or whatever, and you tame it. It has its fort buff (which priests can cast at about that level anyway) but doesn't get its second ability slot until 69. (or some other randomly determined point). Or if it's 'assign abilities on demand', then you get one ability from the basic set and one from the fancy list later. Personally, I'd like to see a few more dps bonuses added in even to nonexotics, like there used to be. Now it's just the worm's aoe and I think rhinos have something that does damage, I'm not sure.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

*shrug* was expecting a big smack with the stat squish but some classes come off alot worse it seems when I was skimming through the notes.

Azun: No more glowy kings guy for my ret??? CRY! I love that glowy man of awesomeness :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

So BM lost it's only two dots? Me no likey...:<

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Explosive trap is a DoT and hasn't been removed. (I didn't see anywhere that traps were being removed for BM.) In fact, ET got buffed, as it now sticks dots on things that are in the radius which means stuff can't be kited out of your trap anymore (I'm looking at you, jiggle-tanks...)

Also they've gone through and said they've decided to remove a bunch of stuff. It hasn't been tested yet, though, and they haven't made much of an 'add' pass on any classes. I wouldn't be surprised if there were things like bleeds baked in somewhere that give you another dot. Aside from SS though... what second dot is there for BM?

Edit: There you go. New exotic ability: return of the bleed debuff. That'd give BM access to a bleed and tie it to their pets (as is right for BM). I also liked that the 'with or without you' talent isn't an option for BM because...that would be dumb.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

:lol:

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rofl Spirit.

But yeah, while this seems a bit....frightening....I remind myself this is the Alpha and nothing is set in stone yet.

LisaaraPokefarm

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

A little bit confused.. so they're removing Kill Shot on survival, the Hunter execute, and leaving the other specs access to Kill Command, BM's supposed signature shot? Wouldn't it make sense to have Kill Command be BM only and leave Kill Shot where it is? Why does everyone even have access to BM's 'signature shot', when BM can't have chimera or explosive? :(

Edit: Not deleting it just because I'm a derp; I haven't played since before 5.4. Apparently KC already is BM only, and that change went in while I was off game ...Still not sure why they got rid of execute..
Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

My husband's and I's reaction to reading this list-

We're both very confused on their direction for Hunters right now. Especially when they start touching our core abilities from Vanilla!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

We all have to admit...hunters did need one hell of a revamp much like the Warlocks got for Cata. So that seems to be what Blizz is gonna do. We'll have to wait and see.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah. I mean...this is pretty much Proto-Alpha. Nevermind 'not set in stone', this stuff is barely held together with duct tape.

I'm sure it will make a lot more sense once they've got everything in.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You know, I had a thought.

If Bliz does completely separate pet skills from pet families... this may actually result in the one thing everyone's been wanting forever.

TAME ALL THE THINGS.

No, hear me out. If they don't have to worry about families, they don't have to worry about coming up with what-goes-where, such as trying to think up what to call a family that contains diverse things. Like... there are 'goats'. Do dwarven mountain-sheep count as goats? What about stags? Are they their own family or do they go with 'goats' too? And so forth.

In this New World, Blizzard would only have to flag a given individual mob type as 'tamable' in general rather than assigning it a 'family' with its associated skill. This would open up the possibility for clefthooves, mushan, hell, even beavers, without adding 239480234 new families and trying to figure out what goes where.

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I'm not sure if they'll ever tag beavers as tamable, simply because dealing with the constant flood of inappropriate pet name tickets would be a ginormous PITA that can be easily avoided by keeping them untamable.

Of course, beavers could be flagged as tamable if a large portion of the playerbase didn't think giving those critters sexually inappropriate names was just the funniest thing evar...but there you go. *shrugs*

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415