6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: 6.0 Alpha Hunter Patch Notes

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Where's the list of new hunter glyphs?

MMOC appears to have omitted them (the list goes from 'Druid' to 'Mage'.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Celestion just posted that misdirect will now last an hour. I wonder what the CD will be? Still recastable quickly if pet dies?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Misdirect lasts an hour? Well, that'd be a lot more convenient for dungeons. MD tank at beginning and forget about it.

It probably has a cast time now (was instant) but since you'd be putting it up out of combat, that wouldn't be a problem. I wonder what the glyph would do though.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Wow that's interesting. I am really happy to hear about MD.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I don't get how MD is supposed to last an hour now.

Normally, your first few shots after your MD concentrate aggro on whoever is the target of your MD.
But then, it wears out. This id probably why there is a longer cooldown when you cast it on the tank in a group rather than your pet (if you've glyphed for it).

But how would this work with it lasting an hour?

EVERY shot you do would concentrate aggro on your MD target?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

My guess is that you can cast it on the tank up to an hour before you use it, but after you start shooting, it lasts the normal amount of time.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

that's pretty silly.

it's not like I've ever forgotten to cast MD. it's macroed to tank (if exists) pet(if exists, nodead).

It's not like I need to press the button an hour in advance, only to have to repress it 30 seconds later.
To me, this is an entirely pointless change if that IS how it will function.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The way I read it, is that you put it up and it literally lasts for an hour. So that yes, every shot you do (although possibly not your pet damage) auto-funnels aggro to the tank.

They're doing some odd things with tank aggro generation right now, so quite possibly this may be a new type of ability pure-dps classes may start seeing. Vengeance is going away to be replaced with...something else... and they may be worried about aggro coming off tanks too easily.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I just kind of assumed it meant MD will be upgraded to work like Vigilance for warriors, only instead of transferring damage it transfers a certain % of your threat to the target during the duration of the hour long buff.
(ie you "buff" a target and for the next hour say 30% of your threat is transferred to said target. maybe even more considering how MD works.) of course that's just idle speculation filled with issues. (we have all met that one asshole hunter who spends the whole dungeon putting MD on the healer because he's bored and thinks its funny.)

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Sukurachi wrote:that's pretty silly.

it's not like I've ever forgotten to cast MD. it's macroed to tank (if exists) pet(if exists, nodead).

It's not like I need to press the button an hour in advance, only to have to repress it 30 seconds later.
I have MD macroed to cast on my focus target or pet, but honestly, I very rarely use it because it's not needed that often.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Danielfboone wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:that's pretty silly.

I have MD macroed to cast on my focus target or pet, but honestly, I very rarely use it because it's not needed that often.
^ This pretty much. It was extremely rare.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I constantly used my macro for MDing to pet or tank; the default way is currently extremely inconvenient. I love the idea of the change. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Kalliope wrote:I constantly used my macro for MDing to pet or tank; the default way is currently extremely inconvenient. I love the idea of the change. :)
Yep, especially for a fight like Gary where there are new waves of adds coming in. I wish they would make this change now..
Account has been closed at user's request.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Ok I know I'm late, but no more pet CC? That's really what made the different families interesting for me... I loved having a Silithid root all my enemies, to choose one family out of all of those others...

This doesn't seem like reducing bloat, it seems like reducing fun.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thing is, while pet cc can be okay for soloing, in PVP it's hard to manage and in PVE it really just annoys your tank. (it's also inferior to player-brought CC)

We still have a lot of CC available to us, including two traps, con shot, and talents like Binding Shot. Hell, it'll probably make Binding more attractive (because right now I don't know anyone hardly that takes it). They're cutting back CC across the board on all classes, and we have (currently) -craptons- more choices than anyone else. Taking it from a hard-to-manage source (pets) is the kindest nerf they could've given us, really.

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

What's wrong with Binding Shot?
I'm using it regulary, especially in raids. It's priceless on Immerseus, Shamans and Nazgrim, just to name the few from the tip of my tounge. What's more, we usually have 4-5 hunters in our 25man, and we all run with it.
The only problem you may have with it that it works a bit different than your usual skills and you have to get used to it. But once you do - whooza! :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well, I don't use it because I have frost trap (freezing trap? The ice slick one; I always get them confused) and the net effect is the same. (Immerseus doesn't have its add phase frequently enough to have you finding frost trap on cooldown).

That's really it, for me anyway. It's a second frost trap and since I don't PVP, I've just never needed two.

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I agree that the ice trap is a better slow, but binding shot is mainly an aoe stun for us. The "magic" happens if the thing you're binding keeps on moving

On immerseus - binding shot stun a small group of adds, ice trap another, shoot-slow another, and you have a hunter efficiently dealing with at least 3 groups at the same time.
On shamans - again, shoot in the middle of the jelly adds and watch as they all get stunned and kept in a nicely aoe-able group as they try to be off on their way.
Assasin trash pack before Naz - 4 hunters binding-shoting and ice-trapping them in turn = lots of giggles.
On Naz himself, it's useful for a 2ndary CD for stopping assasing, shamms and the whirl-guys.

Pretty much it's the best stun we can have. Reliable stun at least - not counting the pet-cast ones, for obvious reasons - and aoe to boost.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Four, if you're survival (binding shot, ice trap, concussive, and snake trap). It's pretty ridiculous but I don't often find myself in range of enough of Immerseus' add packs to put ALL that into play (unless I'm running LFR and therefore trying to clear 180° of the platform by myself, sigh :P)

I'm curious if Lone Wolf's "beneficial effects" bit (as mentioned by Wowhead but not MMO-Champ or the quasiofficial notes so I'm not sure how accurate it is) will use the same sort of "this is how you choose" interface as the new human racial will, or if it'll be simpler than that and grant you whatever is in your Call Pet 1 slot... or if it's not actually tied to what you've got in your at-hand stable anyway.

I'm also still really hoping for a Dire Beast minor glyph that lets you call from your 50 pets instead of just 3-4 skins based on what zone you're in. I'd drop my MD embiggening glyph in a heartbeat, haha. Heck, I'd drop the MD embiggening glyph AND the revive pet glyph, since I'm really just using both of those for lack of any other appealing minor glyph options :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Xella wrote:I'm also still really hoping for a Dire Beast minor glyph that lets you call from your 50 pets instead of just 3-4 skins based on what zone you're in.
I like this idea! I would think it would be fairly easy to implement for active pets at the very least, but using the entire stable would be even better.