Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Rhyela »

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
+1 internets!

I'm also using this in my sig. Just sayin'. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Just going to hijack this picture from the ravager thread and plop it down here. Some are saying its the new ravager even though it uses the silithid skeleton. We can probably expect some kind of wild version of the mount. Whatever it is I need it in my life.
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Wed May 14, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Added the new ravager to the list, even though so far we only have a shot of the mount model. At least it's confirmed we'll be seeing wild, tameable versions as well!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I got so excited when I read the confirmation. cant wait!

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

To some.. exciting news. To some, sobering and disappointing:

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/466707705269600256

The Chimera one boggles the mind, to be honest. I was nearly 100% sure we would get at least one of the two new chimera models as pets.

I would have liked the Dread Raven, as it is the coolest bird model in WoW, in my opinion. But I kinda expected no Dread Raven, I guess.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I never expected the dread raven as a pet no more than I expected Anzu as one...similar to dragons in my line of thought (sentience and such).

I wonder if the Chimera thing is due to animations at the moment? Having to figure out on whether they're always grounded or not for pets...
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:I never expected the dread raven as a pet no more than I expected Anzu as one...similar to dragons in my line of thought (sentience and such).

I wonder if the Chimera thing is due to animations at the moment? Having to figure out on whether they're always grounded or not for pets...

There's a rather easy fix, and eventually, they'll have to employ it anyway, if they want to make Pterodactyls and Kunchong tameable in the future, that is. Which is making a trick-like ability that really doesn't change stats or anything, but just switches it into fly or ground mode. Aesthetic-only.

Basically, you could press the button to make your pet alternate between flying and ground animations.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I would be so disappointed if the new Chimeras weren't tamable. They're a pretty cool new "species" to add to the family.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ditto, they seemed like a perfect candidate to me. It wasn't a definite "no" though, so let's see what happens. :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:Ditto, they seemed like a perfect candidate to me. It wasn't a definite "no" though, so let's see what happens. :)

Muffinus responded to what I said in response to his previous tweet in response to me:

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/466744423058276352

I certainly don't disagree, but a special drop like dinomancy seems more warranted for things like Dread Ravens, Pterodactyls, Kunchongs. Perhaps the venom-sacked chimera model. The regular new chimera model should just be normally tameable by BM hunters, in my opinion. And if you see my response tweet, you can see that I mentioned that. :B

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for that news, Q! It seems he responds to you. I think he's stopped talking to me these days ;)

I originally thought the dread ravens might be something a bit special, but I'm sure I saw screenshots with lots of them so I figured they might be common after all. Ah well. :( I had hoped if they were tameable then maybe thunder isle birds would be as well. They have a very similar style to them.

I don't know why they'd avoid making the new chimaeras tameable. I can't think of any reason other than them having trouble with the animations on a pet. They're not a huge family and the current members are not exactly the highest of qualities, so it'd be a huge shame if they weren't. So, cross fingers on those.

The rest of what he said confirms certain groups that we'd only guessed at (like the toucans), so that's great to at least stop speculating. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Odd, I asked him if the uncorrupted ravager model implied links to the silithid and as far as I can tell the tweets were deleted entirely. They're not in my tweet history either. Very weird.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I really want a dread raven and I am going to hold out hope that maybe later on in the xpack they add another family for them and maybe skyscreamers. ( They could even fit in the raptor family! Anzu has a raptor skeleton and both birds of prey and dinos share the raptor name ;) ) I did kind of expect this though so I am not at all surprised by the answer. chimeras on the other hand were a shock. Bad things will happen if hunters don't get their updated chimera. being taunted all xpack by an updated model of a tamable family would suck. They probably just have to work out the animations before they make their choice.
I would be more than happy to farm some tomes or do something special to obtain some of these pets. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Also, someone posted an unarmored ravager on the mount thread so I thought I would leave it here for you so you could update the front page.

P.S they can fly.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow. That makes it look even more like a silithid. The sort of spiked fan things in the abdomen are classic silithid style art, though usually for the legs. The stripes on the back are classic silithid too. There surely has to be a link :).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also the tweets I mentioned are back. I guess Twitter is just being flaky.
meunkin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by meunkin »

Twitter's notification system has been off the past few days, I'm sure they were just considered wild speculation :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/151 ... planations

Here is a thread I made that has some gifs as well as comparisons to Silithid animations if anyone's interested.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/151 ... planations
Here is a thread I made that has some gifs as well as comparisons to Silithid animations if anyone's interested.
Those are awesome. Thanks :) I'm glad the the walking animation is smoother. Much as I love the old silithid mounts, I always found them kind of... jerky. Like you were in a 1920s movie.

And it is very unfair to say it's just a copy of an old model with a new colour. It's clearly a very beautiful revamp that was started from scratch. My only comparisons have been for speculation on a link between the two species. If silithids were actually native to Azeroth I'd say it was just a case of "Draenor version of.." but since they sort of magically appeared there it does make you wonder if Draenor is where they came from and this is an intended chage. Either way, with this new link they could conceivably all be in the one family, though silithids are already so huge they don't really need dozens more members :P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

meunkin wrote:Twitter's notification system has been off the past few days, I'm sure they were just considered wild speculation :)
Twitter is often flaky. Just weird when posts you made go missing entirely when everything around it in your history is still there. But it seems to happen a bit :P
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I am liking those new animations. I wish the new model had an actual mouth....hole. for eating. the old silithid model has the same problem. but its not a big deal. the more I look at it the more I pick up on small connections that couldn't have been unintentional. the head really helps me see traces of the bc ravager but the markings also line up with the wasp/tank/beetle silithid markings as well as the bc ravager. it also has the same wing placement as a normal silithid, only the wings are bigger and have a protective casing over them. oddly enough it is missing its smaller set of limbs. it has 4 legs while the silithid has six. I am really curious to see what the connation is and how they changed so dramatically.