Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Someone bring a FAINTING COUCH STAT!!!! :o :shock:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Added the new core hound to the list!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

That hydra is awesomely big...but will it stay that big? I remember in WotLK beta I was in the core hounds were huge...but when they released them, they shrunk them way down. Core hounds used to be taller than my male draenei, but they're less than shoulder height. I'm wondering if the hydras will even stay that big...
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Right so alpha is back up there are lvl 100 servers.. lvl 93 is achievable as well.

Oondasta
Horridon
Tortos

Get on it people go see if tameable! =P

Or is stat squish still not fully implemented in old content, thus making trash deadly?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:That hydra is awesomely big...but will it stay that big? I remember in WotLK beta I was in the core hounds were huge...but when they released them, they shrunk them way down. Core hounds used to be taller than my male draenei, but they're less than shoulder height. I'm wondering if the hydras will even stay that big...
Mm, yeah somehow I doubt they're going to stay quite that big, but I suppose we'll find out!
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

I hope they do, I really love large pets. It just feels weird when you tame something fierce and it shrinks to the size of a dog. It's one reason why I love devilsaurs, they're massive and tower over you. I love intimidating pets and I get sad when pets get shrunken down :| . I don't need it to me massive but c'mon I tamed a monster not a poodle. :lol:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

speaking of, I wish they'd make dogs bigger. Even at max size, the helldoggies, which I love, are like... 'what a nice boxer you have' not FEARSOME DOOM BEAST. The mastiffs aren't much better.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Ah yes the demon hounds look like little puppies. they try so hard to look fierce but they just end up looking tiny and cute.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Rozzana wrote:I hope they do, I really love large pets. It just feels weird when you tame something fierce and it shrinks to the size of a dog. It's one reason why I love devilsaurs, they're massive and tower over you. I love intimidating pets and I get sad when pets get shrunken down :| . I don't need it to me massive but c'mon I tamed a monster not a poodle. :lol:
I remember when Devilsaurs were really big. They'd even grow during combat, so you'd have one towering over all the rogues and warriors (etc) during a boss fight. I think they thought it got in the way visually, but I think its growing could be added back into the game without that problem. If it were attached to the Feast ability they're going to get, then it wouldn't be used during a raid (accidentally anyways). But during solo adventuring, Feast can be used after kills. It could increase Devilsaur size by 10% (or whatever) for like 2 minutes, stacking for like 5 times. I'd love romping around Draenor with my own Calvinosaur.

ps: thanks for the screenies Bendak! I'm surprised that void wolf isn't a spirit beast.

pps: I agree with Junrei, hunters do get a lot of variety of pets. It might be nice if charhounds showed up as an alternative for Warlock's felhunter (that model is oooold). It wouldn't be the first time a monster shifted between demon, beast, and/or elemental.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Nachtwulf wrote:speaking of, I wish they'd make dogs bigger. Even at max size, the helldoggies, which I love, are like... 'what a nice boxer you have' not FEARSOME DOOM BEAST. The mastiffs aren't much better.
And add more dogs while you are at it....What? lol
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Thanøs wrote:Right so alpha is back up there are lvl 100 servers.. lvl 93 is achievable as well.

Oondasta
Horridon
Tortos

Get on it people go see if tameable! =P

Or is stat squish still not fully implemented in old content, thus making trash deadly?
Yeah someone needs to check them. I'd do it, but I don't have alpha access. ;)

Maybe a kindhearted dev reading this would change that. *wink*
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Also the plant hydra was marked as beast in datamine but it was in an unavailable zone. I think that zone is now open. In fact I know it is I saw someone fighting one on a stream just now. Go get it!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanøs wrote:Also the plant hydra was marked as beast in datamine but it was in an unavailable zone. I think that zone is now open. In fact I know it is I saw someone fighting one on a stream just now. Go get it!
I'll have a look tonight (middle of the work day here). One major problem is that the build is still VERY unstable. I get disconnected very regularly and come back to find myself ported back to my garrison and having lost all my xp that I gained. It's like Groundhog Day, but with more crashes.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:
Thanøs wrote:Also the plant hydra was marked as beast in datamine but it was in an unavailable zone. I think that zone is now open. In fact I know it is I saw someone fighting one on a stream just now. Go get it!
I'll have a look tonight (middle of the work day here). One major problem is that the build is still VERY unstable. I get disconnected very regularly and come back to find myself ported back to my garrison and having lost all my xp that I gained. It's like Groundhog Day, but with more crashes.
This ^, I'm at work also and life is dam busy, even in the evenings. But I sure as sh%@ am itching to try out some tames, bring on the WEEKEND!!!!!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

There's some of those plant hydras in Shadowmoon but they're marked as Elementals. Which zone are you talking about?

Also, my new hippo friend says hello. :D

Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Bendak wrote: Also, my new hippo friend says hello. :D
:D Very Cool!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

quite nice! I will have to go tame an Artichoke at some point. I am still really bothered by the massive chunks that have been carved out of the sides of their mouth but they do look kind of pretty with their glowy eyes and little ears. :3

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote: I don't think we have the coding set for that (as far as I know), you'll have to shrink the images yourself or just add a link to it instead. :)
Yeah I should look into that. Both a voluntary resize tag and also a mandated maximum size in the post view (as in it'll resize it, not ban it). The former should be an easy modification of the current img tag I should hope.
I've now installed a mod that is shrinking oversized images but providing a magnifying glass link to view the full-size version. It should in theory also do the same for sigs.

Unfortunately, while it's functioning, the control panel seems to be missing, so I can't adjust the parameters. Still working on that, so if you notice the images might have been shrunk a little over-zealously, I hope to correct that (and also shrink oversized sigs properly).
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Wain wrote:
Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote: I don't think we have the coding set for that (as far as I know), you'll have to shrink the images yourself or just add a link to it instead. :)
Yeah I should look into that. Both a voluntary resize tag and also a mandated maximum size in the post view (as in it'll resize it, not ban it). The former should be an easy modification of the current img tag I should hope.
I've now installed a mod that is shrinking oversized images but providing a magnifying glass link to view the full-size version. It should in theory also do the same for sigs.

Unfortunately, while it's functioning, the control panel seems to be missing, so I can't adjust the parameters. Still working on that, so if you notice the images might have been shrunk a little over-zealously, I hope to correct that (and also shrink oversized sigs properly).
Let us test!

edit: WONDERFUL
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Getting any exploring done is unfortunately very difficult, currently. After most of a week of downtime, their 'stable' build is horribly unstable. Every time you're disconnected it ports you back to your garrison and removes any xp you may have gained on top of that. And disconnects happen fairly frequently. As a result you try to run as far and wide as you can, and may find one new beast before the disconnect monster catches up with you and you have to start all over again. So why someone at Blizzard decided it would be a good time to open up beta during this build is completely beyond me. I give up for now.

So anyway, SMV so far has very little that's currently tameable. Plenty of beasts, just most things are not flagged yet. Mostly black wolves all over the place, some black owls (kaliri) though they're marked as PH models, which may mean we can expect a new model yet. That'd be great if it was true. Well, as long as they don't, like, add tusks and spikes and expect us to swallow that's what uncorrupted kaliri look like :P There are fancy talbuks prancing all over the plain, with their My Little Pony tails wafting in the breeze.

There are purple-black hydras (new model) down in the swamp to the south, named Echidnian Hydras, which is a nice reference to Greek myth. They're apparently tameable, but they're level 91 and at this rate it'll take me days to level as I lose so much xp.

I've seen all three colours of the new sporebat, which are quite pretty, though not all that different to the originals just higher quality and not very different in colour. It seems surprising we've only heard of three colours, which is very low for a new model, and really sad considering that sporebats have the poorest colour range already, but hopefully there'll be more. You can tame the purple and blue ones, but not the only gray I've seen, which happens to be a vignette.

If you're not familiar vignettes yet, they've added "vignette" mobs which will always appear rare the first time you kill and loot them, but will appear non-rare to you after that. They usually drop some nice blue quality bit of gear for you, but of course only that first time. So they're not truly rare, even if marked as such.

Anyway, bit of a waste of an evening it feels like. Two steps forward, one-and-a-half steps back :P