New Character Models Discussion - Update! Fem Gnome Faces

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: New Character Models Discussion -Human,Draenei, Undead M

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Sukurachi wrote:But.. but.. but...
HI REZ NIPPLES!!!!

Come on!!!!

How can anyone resist?
Best reason ever!
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Oh my G...

Whoop whoop, dammit, WHOOP WHOOP~!! /rofl

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Junrei wrote:I think people are forgetting one thing. Draenei aren't human. They're ALIENS. Not humans. Not even from the same planet as humans. Comparing them to human anatomy is moot point. Aliens can come in whatever shape or size.
Indeed they can :) My argument is that I prefer the current style body shape much more than the alpha one. The physiology terms were just for describing the differences, not to imply they had to stick to human ideals :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I hope they take a look at Spiritbinder's tweaks. At first I was afraid their necks were melting and Draenei would turn into Blemmyes.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Considering that the alpha male draenei is SO different from the live one, I get the feeling that that model is even more alpha than the others and that all those things will be fixed. If not, my little baby monk may have to get rerolled (and he's only my second male character ever, so that would be very very sad haha)

Meanwhile, when I was playing with MMOC's modelviewer last night, the hairstyle that came up for female NE was the sort of "loose/low braid/ponytail" one they inherited from female dwarves (that you may recall I recoiled in horror from seeing. or you may not because I can't remember if I was actually being active here when they showed it off, haha).

ImageImage

It looks SO much better, though it's still got a long way to go (and I think they would benefit from either creating a custom texture to get that loose braid feeling, or just giving up on it being a braid and just having it be a looose/low ponytail sans braid). I hope the one that's still on the WoD page on the blizzard site gets updated as well :|
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Vephriel wrote:Overly beefy bodies aside, I really just can't get enough of the facial expressions on these new models. They're so dynamic and emotional and I'm so excited about them!
No kidding, I keep going back to mmo-champ and wowhead just to look at their expressions and gOSH I can't get enough of them all. *_* So excited to see even more (female tauren is going to blow me away at the rate this is all going like goodbye friends there I go off to the twisting nether)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

azurelith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage(alliance)/ Bronzebeard(horde)

Unread post by azurelith »

I hope that one day we can change the beefiness of our characters. I love the male draenei's legs and tail but I can never get over his chest.
It would be nice to have a thinner model for casters. Something like this.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

azurelith wrote:I hope that one day we can change the beefiness of our characters. I love the male draenei's legs and tail but I can never get over his chest.

No no no no no.

That...that thing is ugly. D: A million times no. That looks like a teen with a big head or a human trying to cosplay a draenei. Draenei men also have broad shoulders. That edit removed it and now it looks all wrong. My fiance plays a male draenei and he didn't like the edit either. He said arms are too long, head is too big, and the shoulders lost their broadness. He likes what Blizz did with them. Blizz fixed the shoulders with them so shoulder plates aren't hovering and they're gonna hopefully fix the females too.

@Wain - I know but I was just pointing it out due to the images of humans popping up in the comparison, which doesn't hold much value with an alien race. The mass effect series has lots of alien races and they've all got different physiologies.
Last edited by Lisaara on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

There's one problem with the new Draenei males that I haven't seen mentioned here but have seen elsewhere. It's how the shoulders sit. Basically, the majestic broad shoulders got shrunk, at least as how the shoulderplates sit on them. Much less impressive. They did float some before, but they went too far with it.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I hated that they floated. I'm glad they fixed that. I don't considering floating to be majestic.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Junrei wrote:I hated that they floated. I'm glad they fixed that. I don't considering floating to be majestic.
Yeah, but now they look like someone pushed them into the neck, and the angle they sit at changed.

Look at this pic.. somewhere in the middle might be good, but not as far as they went.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (140.61 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

And remember....the models aren't finished. :P

LisaaraPokefarm

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Slickrock wrote:
Junrei wrote:I hated that they floated. I'm glad they fixed that. I don't considering floating to be majestic.
Yeah, but now they look like someone pushed them into the neck, and the angle they sit at changed.

Look at this pic.. somewhere in the middle might be good, but not as far as they went.
Whoa yeah...crunched in.

Anyone else a lil bugged by the way the hooves look? Such an abrupt stop...no feathering...I keep hoping they'll add feathers to the hooves.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Arghhh I really hope they add the feathering back. I find the smooth skin look to be really... uncomfortable. x.x

And huh! The shoulders are kind of crunched. I highly, highly suspect that's a product of early models, though, because they haven't shown any intention to change that kind of thing.

(also I would KILL for thinner, less bulky draenei. Like what Azure posted but with thinner legs, too. Something a little more than their faction leader! ..who I cannot remember the name of.)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lupis, I think you mean Velen. He's thin because he's old. You do tend to lose muscle when you age. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm, male draenei have always been too top heavy for my tastes. I'd absolutely love a slimmer version, then I might actually try to play one, but currently they're one of my least favourite models. The revamp just seems to have amplified the top heavy look where I was hoping they might have adjusted it a bit. Ah well, I'll just continue not having any male draenei. :)

I'm eager to see trolls and blood elves now, I don't care which gender, as they're the only two races we've seen nothing of so far! I'm really excited about female tauren too though, I have a feeling I might finally be able to roll one after their revamp!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

The one thing I DO really like about the male draenei is they finally FINALLY FINALLYYYYYOMFG fixed their hoof colors so they match like the females' do.

I absolutely love the green skintone but it looked so freakish with purple hooves I never took it. It will be a joy to have a green draenei with green hooves at long long last.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

azurelith wrote:I hope that one day we can change the beefiness of our characters. I love the male draenei's legs and tail but I can never get over his chest.
It's probably more work than they're willing to take on right now, given how hard it is just to get new overall looks for all the races, but your idea has a lot of merit. Bulkier builds of races for warrior/paladin classes, thinner builds for caster classes, hunters/shaman/monks somewhere in between. It's a rather interesting idea :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (Horde), Wyrmrest Accord (Both)

Unread post by Snope »

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LisaaraPokefarm