Chimaeron has been tamed [Beta]

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Re: Chimaeron has been tamed [Beta]

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Bendak wrote:
Smyelmdar wrote:Congrats on the tame! It's really awesome. :)

I have a question though. How did you manage to make a level 100 premade? I can only make a level 90 one..
Create a character on the mekkatorque server. It gets auto leveled to 100 along with full 660 ilvl pvp gear. The server is only meant for pvp testing and other general testing. Can't go to Draenor on this realm at the moment.
Thank you very much for the information! :)
I'm gonna have to go try taming him too now. :D

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

pop wrote:
off topic, what crossbow is that?
PvP crossbow from the first WoD PvP season I believe (conquest, not honor).
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Since I had an idea about a full-bodied Megaera, and so did others, as a possible future challenge tame, I tried to edit my way into some kind of version of it. Of course, Megaera has more heads, but they could always add that into the model.

My idea was that you initially face Megaera, do something special, and then the instance registers you trying to tame it. After which all the heads submerge back into the pit. And then, after a few seconds, a full-bodied, huge Megaera climbs out, and then the real challenge tame starts.

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

That'd be wicked cool!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

When you think about it though, unlike Cataclysm and MoP, this isn't just a 5 level gap between us and the bosses. level. This time we're going a full ten levels ahead. That's pretty huge. So it CAN be possible to solo bosses that don't seem like you could normally solo. Which means we could POSSIBLY tame things like Tortos, Horridon, and so on.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The rainbow hydra would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, as the model works currently it's impossible. All heads must be the same colour. But with some modifications I imagine they could. But even then they'd have trouble with blending. In practice there'd just be a sudden cut-off between the head and body colour. Not trying to be a downer, just thinking about what changes it'd require :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

PorrasouxRex wrote:When you think about it though, unlike Cataclysm and MoP, this isn't just a 5 level gap between us and the bosses. level. This time we're going a full ten levels ahead. That's pretty huge. So it CAN be possible to solo bosses that don't seem like you could normally solo. Which means we could POSSIBLY tame things like Tortos, Horridon, and so on.
This could well be true! Good point. Though I'm curious if our power gains over 10 levels in WoD will equate to roughly double the 5 levels of MoP, or if it'd actually end up similar. I honestly don't know, but it's always possible it'll be scaled that overall we don't gain much more than we did in MoP.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

You know, if Tortos does become tameable one day, he would have the most brutal death animation of ANY pet we currently have. He literally BREAKS APART upon death. I didn't know revive pet could put all the pieces of his body back together.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

PorrasouxRex wrote:You know, if Tortos does become tameable one day, he would have the most brutal death animation of ANY pet we currently have. He literally BREAKS APART upon death. I didn't know revive pet could put all the pieces of his body back together.
Glyph of Play Dead.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

all ill be seeing in stormwind are hunters with that pet 24/7 till something new pops up lol
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I went onto the beta and grabbed Chimmie, and got 2 short clips and put them into 1 video. Shows what he looks like tamed, in bestial wrath, and did the glyph of play dead animation 2 separate times. I gave you credit Bendak on the tame info. I did not give away the way to do it. Hope you're okay with that, and the video is clear enough for everyone. Might want to put it on HD if you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-KmsH5egsc
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Keilden wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:You know, if Tortos does become tameable one day, he would have the most brutal death animation of ANY pet we currently have. He literally BREAKS APART upon death. I didn't know revive pet could put all the pieces of his body back together.
Glyph of Play Dead.

Since, aside from its death animation, it still uses dragon turtle animations, Blizzard could probably make a tameable version with a normal death animation.. seems like just a matter of adding the regular dragon turtle skeleton to the Tortos model, and then it'll have normal death animations. Could be unique to the tamed version, while the boss itself, if killed, still cracks and breaks apart.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Qraljar wrote:
Keilden wrote:
Glyph of Play Dead.

Since, aside from its death animation, it still uses dragon turtle animations, Blizzard could probably make a tameable version with a normal death animation.. seems like just a matter of adding the regular dragon turtle skeleton to the Tortos model, and then it'll have normal death animations. Could be unique to the tamed version, while the boss itself, if killed, still cracks and breaks apart.
Oh yes. I do want the unique death animation. I'm just saying its pretty brutal.

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

As of this latest beta build, taming Chimaeron no longer works. You still get the "too calm to be tamed" error message, so I assume it's a bug and they're not removing the ability to tame. Has anyone else tried in this build?
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog