WoW's 10th Anniversary

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: WoW's 10th Anniversary

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

SylviaDragon wrote:this news demands a fainting couch! Its like a second Christmas. I cant wait for this. so excited.
Here's one I picked out for you for just such an occasion :D

Attachments
Burning Couch.jpg
Burning Couch.jpg (87.08 KiB) Viewed 2414 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Perfect, spirit! You always have the goods handy. Haha!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Junrei wrote:I doubt it. They never said this was being released during WoD. This is likely to give us something to do before the actual release date.
And they never said it was for level 90. They said max level which could be 100 before the anniversary hits. I still say mid -October for WoD and I'm even more sure because of this. We'll know next Thursday though. I really hope it's not December. That's way too long to wait.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Danielfboone wrote:
Junrei wrote:I doubt it. They never said this was being released during WoD. This is likely to give us something to do before the actual release date.
And they never said it was for level 90. They said max level which could be 100 before the anniversary hits. I still say mid -October for WoD and I'm even more sure because of this. we'll know next Thursday though. I really hope it's not December. That's way too long to wait.
I very much doubt 100 is the intended lvl for this as they really want ppl to enjoy the lvling experience this time (all of their PR has pointed to this) so to me it makes little sense to release this limited content so ppl have to rush to max lvl to complete it. I'm going with the raid filler theory as its abit of fun and 40 man raids won't be fun if everyones a fresh 100 in greens lol!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Danielfboone wrote: And they never said it was for level 90. They said max level which could be 100 before the anniversary hits. I still say mid -October for WoD and I'm even more sure because of this. We'll know next Thursday though. I really hope it's not December. That's way too long to wait.
They have stated...
  • For the anniversary celebration, max-level players will be able to participate in a special 40-player Raid Finder version to relive the experience of hunting down Ragnaros and his minions within his fiery lair.
So it is completely up to the discretion of how long blizzard would like to run the celebration. The standards assumption would be that around it the date of it's birthday in November, but they could decide to start it early or run it late. Looks like we will just have to wait for more information, until then it's all just assumptions and speculation, neither which are "Right"

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

OH MY WORD. Tauren Mill PVP!!! :headbang:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

My thoughts on this WoD release is that it'll be post-anniversary

The big thing is WoD is all about stepping out and exploring...look around and take your time....adding this event DURING WoD would go against that since players would be in a mad rush to reach 100 for the shinies.

Plus in beta right now, there's still bugs to squish, raid bosses to test, things not implemented, numbers to tune, and an entire untested 5 man.

Not to mention the heroic modes of the 5 man dungeons and the LFR, Normal, and Mythic modes of the raid bosses.

Quite a bit to do still
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Oh my gawd... This. Is. Awesome~!! :D

Can't wait... Even if it fries my poor lil lappy it will surely be something to remember! Something to tell your grandchildren about... :P

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

There there. Everyone will finally LOOT THE COREHOUNDS xD
Don't panic!
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

So uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzTH2egWAM

This mount, at least currently, is ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE.

I think we've found the new favorite troll standing-on-questgivers mount, my gods.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I just really hope it's before WoD comes out. I have final exams of my apprenticeship end of November and can not afford to loose time levelling when I should really learn for RL. Bad timing for me :(

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:So uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzTH2egWAM

This mount, at least currently, is ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE.

I think we've found the new favorite troll standing-on-questgivers mount, my gods.
Yikes. I'm assuming it'll be scaled down before release. If not, then even Gnomes will get to find out what it's like to try to ride through doorways and gates as a Tauren. Hope you like dismounting a lot! Also the thumpy sound will be like "Core Hounds in Shattrah v2.0" unless its volume is reduced.

The TM/SS bg looks like a bit of fun nostalgia, but 100v100? Yeesh. AV gets choppy and laggy during a farming run and that's less than half the number of people crammed into a small area. I'll be going in there, though, just to try to re-live some of the old days. Now if only they'd give my warrior's fearbomb unlimited targets again. That was one of the most fun parts of those battles when they got big.

The new pet I'm not super excited about. It's neat to have another one, especially free, but (and I know it's internet blasphemy) I'm not a huge fan of corgis.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Funny thing, gnome mounts already scale up bigger for some reason. Always annoyed me on my male draenei.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Okay here's why some of the reasoning for a post anniversary WoD release falls short. Just for arguments sake, let's say WoD drops on Oct.14. People have said things about a "mad rush" to level before the anniversary. The anniversary is when? It's November 22 and the celebration will start then. More than a month to level from 90 to 100 is a "mad rush"? It's just about right in my opinion. As far as gear goes, you won't need raid tier gear or even WoD LFR gear to do the Molten Core raid. It's going to be LFR quality which means you'll be able to do it in the blues and greens you acquired through leveling. It's going to be a fun event, not a hard core wipe fest.

Admittedly, the October 14th release date is my fervent wish so I'm biased in that direction, but, I do not think this anniversary stuff guarantees that it won't come until December. I just don't see it. Things could fall into place very well with a mid October release.

We'll know on the 14th who was right. I can't wait.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Far as I'm concerned, they said December 20th or a little bit sooner. Cata and Mists both had a release date in December. Marketing wise, December is a big game release month due to the holidays so it's a good business idea. I'd say that supports December a lot more than any other month.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Does it even matter at this point? We're all simply hedging our bets and making best guesses. Who cares if it comes out in October or December? It'll come out this fall/winter.

/shrug

It's not really a big deal
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The only reason they said Dec 20th is that it's the last day of fall and they subsequently said that the release would be in the fall. That means any time between September 21 and December 20. Dec. 20 is just the worst case scenario. It's a placeholder date.
Last edited by Danielfboone on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Azunara wrote:Does it even matter at this point? We're all simply hedging our bets and making best guesses. Who cares if it comes out in October or December? It'll come out this fall/winter.

/shrug

It's not really a big deal
It is a big deal to many people since they promised they would never have as long a period between final raid tier and an expansion like they had with MoP. A December release of WoD would make the time between final raid and expac even longer than the last time. Secondly, how can you have a beta that lasts almost 6 months when 3-4 has been the max up to now? Two more months should be more than enough for the present beta to become ready for prime time. Four more would be ridiculous.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I wouldn't be surprised if MC was for lvl 90's. They're already leaving out BE updated models out because they haven't got enough time. They said the 20th of December would be the latest. If they aren't adding any BE models then surely that says that they haven't got the time? If they were to release the game in October or something like that then...they'd still have time to add the models and, unless something went horribly wrong, release it before December anyway. Yes, it's a long wait, but if we go by the iron horde and all it makes sense that MC is a pre patch for Draenor.

Iron horde. Huge weapons, furnaces and stuff. What if things have been disrupted? MC is being disrupted and once again Ragnaros rears his ugly head? It could easily be twisted so that it's got some meaning before Draenor. In Draenor, we aren't in Azeroth normally. The timelines are different so that what we do won't disrupt anything. Unless Ragnaros knew this would happen I don't see it being a little way in Draenor when he decides to pop up.

Disclaimer: I've not touched up on my lore of Draenor (something I'll have it do to enjoy the game as much as I can) and am going by what I know. I'm not too clear on the lore behind MC and all that fiery stuff *shrugs*
Let's not test the art team too much. They've got so much to do, if they could release WoD earlier and still get the models out we'd know. If they're removing models till later dates then it seems right to suspect Draenor is already being added at a later date than October or something. Either way, let's grin and bear it. Also, at least we're getting corehound mounts and that Draenor isn't being delayed too far. December is a long way off but at least it's this year :)
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Kayro wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if MC was for lvl 90's. They're already leaving out BE updated models out because they haven't got enough time. They said the 20th of December would be the latest. If they aren't adding any BE models then surely that says that they haven't got the time? If they were to release the game in October or something like that then...they'd still have time to add the models and, unless something went horribly wrong, release it before December anyway. Yes, it's a long wait, but if we go by the iron horde and all it makes sense that MC is a pre patch for Draenor.

Iron horde. Huge weapons, furnaces and stuff. What if things have been disrupted? MC is being disrupted and once again Ragnaros rears his ugly head? It could easily be twisted so that it's got some meaning before Draenor. In Draenor, we aren't in Azeroth normally. The timelines are different so that what we do won't disrupt anything. Unless Ragnaros knew this would happen I don't see it being a little way in Draenor when he decides to pop up.

Disclaimer: I've not touched up on my lore of Draenor (something I'll have it do to enjoy the game as much as I can) and am going by what I know. I'm not too clear on the lore behind MC and all that fiery stuff *shrugs*
Let's not test the art team too much. They've got so much to do, if they could release WoD earlier and still get the models out we'd know. If they're removing models till later dates then it seems right to suspect Draenor is already being added at a later date than October or something. Either way, let's grin and bear it. Also, at least we're getting corehound mounts and that Draenor isn't being delayed too far. December is a long way off but at least it's this year :)
I don't follow your logic. The fact that they are leaving out models because of a lack of time before release would seem to indicate an earlier release date, not a later one.