Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Gara

Unread post by Krysteena »

Bendak wrote:Image

:)
MIJCMRIJVNIJMKJCWMRCKRWMIJCOMGGG!!! YES!!! YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!
WHOOP WHOOP! OH WOW IM SO HAPPY I-...should probably turn off caps lock hehe :P
So if this is a personal thing...I'm so happy! Thing is...isn't that area in the alliance starting zone? I'm thinking if it's a quest line...maybe those of the horse can't access it. Then again he's not finished and I'm probably over reacting but...OH SWEET JESUS HES GORGEOUS OH MY LORDY LORD!

I know one thing. Gara...you're coming home with me my friend :hug:
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Having just boosted a new hunter to 90 and spending the last week hunting for rare spawns that I've been wanting to move out of Thwip's stable into Xanbu's since I started the toon....this news is the best I've had all week. CRZ has made 'hunting' harder then ever. [Not to mention the rudeness of these other hunters has skyrocketed. :/]

Just having the idea that this one [and maybe others!] would be more of a personal thing is an amazing idea to me and it makes me that much more excited for this next xpac. I am sad though to think we might lose the tracking method as those were a blast to do. This sounds super compelling and exciting though!

And I'm sure they won't lock anyone out, Kayro. :3 They're good about keeping things like this inclusive.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Augh, kind of bummed that it's looking to be BM only. Still neat, though!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thwip wrote:Having just boosted a new hunter to 90 and spending the last week hunting for rare spawns that I've been wanting to move out of Thwip's stable into Xanbu's since I started the toon....this news is the best I've had all week. CRZ has made 'hunting' harder then ever. [Not to mention the rudeness of these other hunters has skyrocketed. :/]

Just having the idea that this one [and maybe others!] would be more of a personal thing is an amazing idea to me and it makes me that much more excited for this next xpac. I am sad though to think we might lose the tracking method as those were a blast to do. This sounds super compelling and exciting though!

And I'm sure they won't lock anyone out, Kayro. :3 They're good about keeping things like this inclusive.
I hate camping for rares, but I know the night before Draenor hits I'll be camping a hydra, ready to grab him in the morning. I know my computer can't handle busy areas, so I won't be moving to Draenor for a little while, but I'm glad that this wolf will be a personal thing. Perhaps they could do this with rares, such as a void wolf. This idea is brilliant. Do I want to camp Karoma now, knowing this sexy beast will be joining me soon enough? Hm...
LupisDarkmoon wrote:Augh, kind of bummed that it's looking to be BM only. Still neat, though!
I reckon that's because this wolf may be a spirit beast. Then again, we've got loads of spectral beasts that aren't spirit beasts. But it's BM exclusive (I'm so glad I'm a BM again) I reckon it'll become a spirit beast.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Augh, kind of bummed that it's looking to be BM only. Still neat, though!
Pretty much how I feel. Good thing I have a BM off spec so I can experience it and then go back to Marks forever.
Godzilla
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Godzilla »

Hunter version of green fire quest confirmed.

Gearing up.
Freshly dinged 7/30/14.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Whatever this questline involves, if you don't want either of your specs to be BM, at least you can switch one of them to BM in the short term, experience the quests and switch it back. So at least it's not impossible to experience for those who wish to.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Maybe you have to visit her every day for X days?

And after a while she warms up to you, then somehow either becomes said spirit beast or her mate is?
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Myzou wrote:Maybe you have to visit her every day for X days?

And after a while she warms up to you, then somehow either becomes said spirit beast or her mate is?
"Yeah, we've bonded pretty well. Here, take my mating slave I had in life. He constantly barks at me. It's annoying."
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
Myzou wrote:Maybe you have to visit her every day for X days?

"Yeah, we've bonded pretty well. Here, take my mating slave I had in life. He constantly barks at me. It's annoying."
I was thinking more along the lines of, since it's a void wolf, as described by Muffinus, it could be her mate was lost into the nether. Then have a solo scenario after a bit where you have to risk your own life to save him, who's being tormented by Orcs/whatever. Then when you do, he tells you he trusts you completely, and wishes to thank you by fighting by your side.

Then it could be like a daily quest like monks have. Visit every day with said wolf out and get a temporary buff, and a small little scene of the two wolves together.

Hell, they could even make it so if you do the daily, there's a chance baby void wolves spawn around her (AKA she had puppies :P), allowing everyone a limited amount to pet battle and catch, similar to the Sumprush Rodents in Krasarang.

There's a lot of potential.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

I wonder if the new datamined wolf could be a similar thing here but in Frostfire -

Shadowmoon would get the void wolf (purple) by doing Gara's questline or whatever it ends up being. I'd be up for an old school text adventure type thing - /emoting to Gara with specific emotes and in a correct order :D

Then in Frostfire you would have the green wolf - in the NW area with the fel themed stuff. We already have Mother Wolf there - who is Fel Infused. I was exploring around when I had this idea and happened to /beastlore her - not sure what the deal was - but she decided to start chasing me and attacking the other wolves at the same time. To note I was not in combat this whole time either. I let her get close to me eventually after she killed the rest of the wolves and I did go into combat. Once I got out of range of her I went back - and got a lot closer to her then when I initially beastlored her - and she didn't agro. When I did get close enough - she aggro'd and I immediately went into combat. Not sure what that was about - maybe a bug - maybe the start to a possible new tame? I think it would be cool if you go and beastlore or tamebeast her - then watch as she runs around eating the other wolves - when finally she finishes them all off she turns into the new green skin wolf. /shrug :D

So in essence Alli would have the purple void in their starter zone (which horde would be able to get also) and horde would have their green fel (there are already the fel wolves in that area) or whatever wolf in their starter (which alli could get). Call me crazy.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

moonone wrote:I wonder if the new datamined wolf could be a similar thing here but in Frostfire -

Shadowmoon would get the void wolf (purple) by doing Gara's questline or whatever it ends up being. I'd be up for an old school text adventure type thing - /emoting to Gara with specific emotes and in a correct order :D

Then in Frostfire you would have the green wolf - in the NW area with the fel themed stuff. We already have Mother Wolf there - who is Fel Infused. I was exploring around when I had this idea and happened to /beastlore her - not sure what the deal was - but she decided to start chasing me and attacking the other wolves at the same time. To note I was not in combat this whole time either. I let her get close to me eventually after she killed the rest of the wolves and I did go into combat. Once I got out of range of her I went back - and got a lot closer to her then when I initially beastlored her - and she didn't agro. When I did get close enough - she aggro'd and I immediately went into combat. Not sure what that was about - maybe a bug - maybe the start to a possible new tame? I think it would be cool if you go and beastlore or tamebeast her - then watch as she runs around eating the other wolves - when finally she finishes them all off she turns into the new green skin wolf. /shrug :D

So in essence Alli would have the purple void in their starter zone (which horde would be able to get also) and horde would have their green fel (there are already the fel wolves in that area) or whatever wolf in their starter (which alli could get). Call me crazy.
Wait. There are fel wolves? What skin do they have, may I ask. I know it's a little off topic, do excuse me :mrgreen: if it is a new skin, perhaps a screenshot could be on hand? This idea is clever. I would like us hunters to get a hunter based 'green fire' quest line.

I will go with what Myzou said about the wolf mourning a mate or something like that. You then complete some quests, boom, you've got a special scenario and you see this wolf being turned. Thus, you can tame or kill (of course we'd all click tame) and then tadaa! Void wolf pet there you go. Although, I'd love a wolf that shared the same skin as Gara that we could tame. It's gorgeous :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Myzou wrote:
Hell, they could even make it so if you do the daily, there's a chance baby void wolves spawn around her (AKA she had puppies :P), allowing everyone a limited amount to pet battle and catch, similar to the Sumprush Rodents in Krasarang.

I think I'm onto something. :lol:
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Myzou wrote:
Myzou wrote:

I think I'm onto something. :lol:
Someone apparently liked your idea, Myzou.

Also, ASHGAKHGSHGHLH

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY M-.... MY WHATEVER IT TAKES ON WOW TO GET ONE OF THESE.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

Kayro - they are like the fire hounds but green - in the ne area of Frostfire Ridge.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

guess I was almost spot on with my earlier post - if only she was tameable :(

So this leads me to believe that the normal purple void wolf is probably related to Gara - especially seeing that the void wolves in Shadowmmon are relatively close by. Unless we get a totally new SB wolf skin we havn't seen yet - there are a lot of spectral looking beasts right around here O.-
Last edited by moonone on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wow I love the idea of a questline for an awesome pet instead of a long camp/hunter brawl for one! I love all those ideas ppl have mentioned too. I am fairly attached to my beta void wolf so I'd be happy if I could have one of those in live and the green one above is stunning also! I don't care how boring ppl think "oh god another wolf?" i think they are awesome and fit the expansion perfect! but then I'm a boring cat lover too :P

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Mother of wolves is ......................my FAVORITE COLORS. Awe man why couldn't she be tamable.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Remember the taming pass usually goes through very late in the beta, so many beasts haven't been manually flagged as tameable yet. :)
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Hisae »

What is the update on this spirit wolf? I've been intrigued since I read and saw that screenshot.