Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Unread post by Thanøs »

Ok guys I'm going to need you all to take a deep breathe for this one...

READY?...

Here is it!

TAMEABLE SEA SNAKE!

It is a serpent naturally and it is amazing. You can see his untamed mob swimming in the background. It is named Viscous Sea Serpent.

I am quite pleased!
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

@Thanos
We've known about him for awhile. :)

On the note of Giantbane, I wonder if the "Pack Beast" Clefthoofs will become tameable.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

PorrasouxRex wrote:@Thanos
Yes. In fact, only three hours ago smoeone was asking to confirm if it was still tameable. :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

would not be surprised if other sea snake sin vashir were added to tameable list as well then
Thanøs
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Thanøs »

Scavenging Crawlers a have a food diet but are not tameable. Sign that they will be added to tameables list somewhere?
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

So what happens when you squish 100 small little spiders -

you get a new rare - untamable so far - and the same skin as the spiders in the nearby cave (also the rare Killirax (sp?)
not sure what made me keep stomping the itsy bitsy spiders but once the yellow text started appearing I started getting amped!
To bad it wasn't a new skin or tamable - or had a cool new toy to drop - just some lame melee sword :(
cool none the less to happen upon such an interesting spawn technique - makes one wonder what else there is out there like this??? :D
Ghast
Realm: Firetree

Unread post by Ghast »

Thanøs wrote:Ok guys I'm going to need you all to take a deep breathe for this one...

READY?...

Here is it!

TAMEABLE SEA SNAKE!

It is a serpent naturally and it is amazing. You can see his untamed mob swimming in the background. It is named Viscous Sea Serpent.

I am quite pleased!
Love when people don't even look at the current page of the thread before posting redundant info.. lol
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Kurasu wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:@Thanos
Yes. In fact, only three hours ago smoeone was asking to confirm if it was still tameable. :)
I actually did... Here's a pic tho, since I feel like sharing :)
Ickabob wrote:Looks like the Vicious Sea Serpent in Gorgrond is still tameable as of this build. I'm 90% sure this isn't intended. I really, really hope it makes it to live, though.
Muffinus, if you're reading this please let these make it to live. I'd love you forever.
Also I really hope this goes live:
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

What is the name of the NPC that has the skeleton windserpent model?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I remember when levelling my hunter I passed that undead wind serpent. Guess who clicked tame? I was heartbroken to see I couldn't keep one. I also passed a sea serpent in Vash'jr. Guess who clicked tame? Yup. I had my heart stomped on when I realised I couldn't tame one :( hopefully it's intended. I've already got talbuks off my list. And stags. And hydras. Just...that nice sea serpent in Vash'jr and the undead wind serpent.

Are there any colours aside from green atm? I swear I saw a blue one in Vash'jr, but it was a long time age :?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I wont get my hopes up that we get to keep the sea serpent.. but they are really nice looking pets!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I do have to admit: after seeing pictures, I'm really enamored. I highly doubt it will make it to live, due to the fact that they have to 'fly' to move, but if they *do*, Suresh may have to share the stable.

I'm not going to be pleading and begging, though; I would *REALLY* like it if the serpents were tameable, but I'm not expecting it. :) Especially since I think they'll need to size them down to be comparative to other pets of that type; consider that before you get too attached.
Kayro wrote:Are there any colours aside from green atm? I swear I saw a blue one in Vash'jr, but it was a long time age :?
There is a single 'Sea Snake' in the Shimmering Expanse that looks like it might be a different shade: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=40649. It could be the lighting in the area, though.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Since we probably wouldnt get any more new skins revealed, can anyone suggest this mob to be tamable as hawkstrider?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21627#comments
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There's several different colours of sea snake in Uldum (inland waters). I'd be very surprised of they were kept tameable though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

Wain wrote:There's several different colours of sea snake in Uldum (inland waters). I'd be very surprised of they were kept tameable though.
Only saw the one green color - main body of water in the middle - couldn't find any others - not tamable.
Went and looked around Vash also - green again - not tamable
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm keeping an eye on uldum (couple color sea snakes there) and tanaris (more skeletal windserpents) and wetlands (skeletal raptors) with each new build just to check.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'll have to take flight to Uldum and Vash'jr, snap a few screenies to see if there's any difference. Even if there isn't. Shame there's no blue one, I could imagine that colour looking quite nice on the model. Or golden or red or...I like green. Green is good :)

*crosses fingers* please may this be intended Blizzard. I saw Muffinus lurking around on the forums this morning, so may he's seen this? I hope so. Then again, us hunters are being treated so well this time around.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

moonone wrote:
Wain wrote:There's several different colours of sea snake in Uldum (inland waters). I'd be very surprised of they were kept tameable though.
Only saw the one green color - main body of water in the middle - couldn't find any others - not tamable.
Went and looked around Vash also - green again - not tamable
The Stillwater Slitherers in the dam come in both green and purple. Scalemother Hevna, up in the little source pond by the border with Tanaris, is also purple. I had thought there was a third colour in Uldum, but I was wrong, sorry!

There are actually four colours of sea snake in the database: purple, green, black and grey (officially "blue") and all are used at least once in the game. The "blue" is actually more a shade of grey/black. You can tell it apart from the normal black in that it has a yellowish body rather than a silver one.

Brinescale Serpents in Kelp'thar are the grey "blue". The true black skin I can only find on a mob named Fang-She on the Wandering Isle.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Maybe if they intend for them to be tameable, we can sad-eyes a certain WoW Dev into changing one of the others' skins over to that black. Maybe change the boss in Vash'jir into a black serpent as a challenge. He hits like a ton of bricks.

Velskar
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

They started populating Highmaul and surrounding areas - look what popped up just outside

also - they changed a rare near there also - AMG it's the father of my Nemesis from BC - O.o

had PH loot - maybe he will drop a new pet :D - I can't say I miss when pinchy would end up attacking me all the time instead of giving me the pet :/

couldn't remember if this guy was there before - don't really remember

bird and snake are not tamable - yet.