Garrison-stable

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Garrison-stable

Unread post by Kaellan »

I posted this in the official boards but thought someone here might know..

The first level stable says: enable the capture and training of special mounts in Draenor.

Has anyone figured out how to do this? Or where to do it? Or is this a place holder for something else?

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Garrison-stable

Unread post by Krysteena »

I also read that you get a rare mount trader come into your garrison at level 3. I'd love to be able to capture certain mounts. Perhaps you get a limit or something. Like our pets. We can tame 5 different mounts, from beasts of Draenor.

I'm hoping the stable allows you to do this. To get certain mounts, and raise them up. You could have it double up with another building, in which you can make armour for these mounts and once you've raised one up you finally get the reins for it and it could count in the aim for 200 mounts or whatever you're aiming for.

My mind boggles at the possibilities. If this is the way the stables in the garrison are going down, I'm sooo gonna build one of these :D
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

I'm personally thinking it might be referring to mounts for your followers. After a tweet about not having enough resources to make new PvP mounts each season it would seem a bit silly otherwise, especially with them saying Garrisons are an optional thing. That and the fact you can apparantly raise your follower's item level, according to achievements, it wouldn't suprise me they can have mounts aswell, perhaps it lets them reduce mission time? Seeing how missions are broken up in Travel time and such.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Scotty
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub & Hyjal (US)

Unread post by Scotty »

Any update on this?
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

According to some comments on Wowhead, you tame new stable-mounts via quests.

On first day you are given quest to tame the mount (which one it is is random). This happens by using rope on designated beast, and then running after it for few minutes without getting too far behind (so that rope breaks).

On next day, you get quest to train the beast you capture the day before, by doing some mounted combat (I don't know how this works, but apparently you do it in Nagrand if you choose stables buring questing). You also get a quest to capture new beast, which in turn you can train on next day.

As I'm not in beta I can't confirm anything about this, but for me this sounds reasonable.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Aggannor wrote:According to some comments on Wowhead, you tame new stable-mounts via quests.

On first day you are given quest to tame the mount (which one it is is random). This happens by using rope on designated beast, and then running after it for few minutes without getting too far behind (so that rope breaks).

On next day, you get quest to train the beast you capture the day before, by doing some mounted combat (I don't know how this works, but apparently you do it in Nagrand if you choose stables buring questing). You also get a quest to capture new beast, which in turn you can train on next day.

As I'm not in beta I can't confirm anything about this, but for me this sounds reasonable.
I like the sound of this ^^ we get to train our mounts! I've always loved the idea of gaining a mount, not buying one. Something like the cloud serpent, you raise them. You love and care for them. It's not the same thing, but I like it.

A good way to go with the stables. I'm going to be building one of these in my garrison for sure :D
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I can confirm what Aggannor said (well, half at least.) ^^

Yesterday on beta I got a quest from the stables that gave me the rope item. The objective being to capture a young talbuk. Followed it around until the capture completed, returned to my garrison and it said I had to wait for the animal to rest.

Doesn't seem like the second quest/training quests are in yet though.. at least I haven't gotten one.

But judging by the achievement, Intro to Husbandry, the mounts you end up taming include a wolf, clefthoof, riverbeast, talbuk, boar and elekk. But more may be added...

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:I can confirm what Aggannor said (well, half at least.) ^^

Yesterday on beta I got a quest from the stables that gave me the rope item. The objective being to capture a young talbuk. Followed it around until the capture completed, returned to my garrison and it said I had to wait for the animal to rest.

Doesn't seem like the second quest/training quests are in yet though.. at least I haven't gotten one.

But judging by the achievement, Intro to Husbandry, the mounts you end up taming include a wolf, clefthoof, riverbeast, talbuk, boar and elekk. But more may be added...

Ooh I like :mrgreen: can't wait to tame my own wolf as a mount!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I know ^^ Nice to know too that both factions will get an elekk and wolf as well. Was worried Elekk would be only alliance.

Edit: After the daily reset I have two quests from the stable :D I'll update this when they're complete.

One quest is to capture a clefthoof, the second is to kill Great-tusk while riding my talbuk.

Edit2:

Defeated Great-tusk and captured my clefthoof; have to wait till tomorrow to do further training. /impatient

A lot of fun though ^^

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Can you pick which colour you'd like your Talbuk to be? So you can go get any colour, or is it one select colour per beast? This idea is brilliant. There is an area where there's mounted combat, which seems pretty cool. Nagrand, I think. Perhaps we can get a BG for mounted combat? I'd like that :)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Right now no; when you go to capture a young talbuk for example ( which are only in one area, marked on the map) they're all purple. Guess it makes sense as I'm sure the other colors will all be faction rewards/drops/etc.

Edit: oh hmm. I just noticed something - even after turning in the quest for training my talbuk, I have the whistle that summons it. Lasts for five minutes but no cool down, so I guess you can technically use the mount even before finishing your training? Might just be a temp beta thing though. But it's pretty fun for the time being - can use anywhere, even outside of Draenor. And can attack while mounted too.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:Right now no; when you go to capture a young talbuk for example ( which are only in one area, marked on the map) they're all purple. Guess it makes sense as I'm sure the other colors will all be faction rewards/drops/etc.

Edit: oh hmm. I just noticed something - even after turning in the quest for training my talbuk, I have the whistle that summons it. Lasts for five minutes but no cool down, so I guess you can technically use the mount even before finishing your training? Might just be a temp beta thing though.
Okay, just wondering. Thank you :) and yes, I guess it would make sense for the rest to be faction rewards or from some other source.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Weird, I just got three more quests from Stables O.o Maybe it has to do with the random crashes/resets on Beta because I haven't seen a pattern with the times the quests are available... Previously thought it had to do with daily reset.

Anyways.. Now I have to kill Rakkiri with my talbuk (Big bat in FFR), Great-tusk with my clefthoof and tame a boar in Gorgrond.

edit; Cant find the boar anywhere. Plenty of adults but no young ones.. cant see it on the map.

Edit2: FINALLY found the damn thing, after an hour or more of searching... They're near The Pit in gorgrond, north of Gronn Canyon.

edit3;

And riverbeast, the tan skin <3 The objective wouldn't complete when I finished wrangling him. But oddly, if I killed the riverbeast as my stable master was taking him away (before they both despawn, and after I finished chasing the beast down), the quest would complete.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:Weird, I just got three more quests from Stables O.o Maybe it has to do with the random crashes/resets on Beta because I haven't seen a pattern with the times the quests are available... Previously thought it had to do with daily reset.

Anyways.. Now I have to kill Rakkiri with my talbuk (Big bat in FFR), Great-tusk with my clefthoof and tame a boar in Gorgrond.

edit; Cant find the boar anywhere. Plenty of adults but no young ones.. cant see it on the map.

Edit2: FINALLY found the damn thing, after an hour or more of searching... They're near The Pit in gorgrond, north of Gronn Canyon.

edit3;

And riverbeast, the tan skin <3 The objective wouldn't complete when I finished wrangling him. But oddly, if I killed the riverbeast as my stable master was taking him away (before they both despawn, and after I finished chasing the beast down), the quest would complete.

I love where Blizzard are going with this raising our own mounts thing. Makes them feel more personal, I think. I love the blue riverbeast skin myself, but tan is quite nice. That boar is lovely <3

And, err, you had to kill your own mount? Well. That's..um...nice. Good to see that the orcs check to see if you can down the beastie if it goes on a rampage :D
Scotty
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub & Hyjal (US)

Unread post by Scotty »

Loving the sounds of this! Have already planned to have a stable in my garrison as one of the first things possible! Can't wait to get started on these quests!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

And here is the elekk :) A bit of a tricky tame (at one point, the elekk jumps across a ravine (which is too big for you to jump across yourself), and you have to quickly take a left turn and run across a bridge before it gets out of range.)

I had to kill the poor thing again at the end though, only way it seems to complete ><

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Muffinus
Blizzard Representative
Blizzard Representative
Realm: Tichondrius

Unread post by Muffinus »

Really loving this play-by-play, thanks for reporting the issues, working on fixes!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Awesome, thank you Muffinus :D

Edit: Oh, and heres the wolf. My favorite skin too. <3 Can't wait to get more of the training quests.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

This is going to make the stable a must have in every garrison I would think. It looks like great fun.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Lupen202 wrote:Awesome, thank you Muffinus :D

Edit: Oh, and heres the wolf. My favorite skin too. <3 Can't wait to get more of the training quests.

That wolf looks like it's got the coyote run, but can you confirm this? I've been hoping at least one wolf mount has the coyote run, and it'd be a shame if the wolf we chose as our mount suddenly had its bones reshuffled and ran like a worg. That nasty worg run...