Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thori
Realm: Anachronos

Re: Gara

Unread post by Thori »

I've completed all the quests there so I've got the treasure map - as you can see, there's not much near by him (on the map at least).

Have a look here
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I'm not in beta so I can't do anything to help. but since we were told we would feel attached to Gara when we finally managed to tame her, I am wondering if maybe its something that just takes more than one day to do.
or perhaps there is just something you need to be level 100 to get to/obtain. (Maybe Gara wants something from your Garrison! :lol:)
guess we will find out soon when the servers reset for a new day- if someone hasn't cracked the code by then.

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uther/Runetotem

Unread post by Toothy »

I don't think the treasure chest would have to be close to Gara. After all we don't know how long the owner or Gara have been dead.
Also maybe it is a multiple day thing. Maybe Gara will respond differently to the berries tomorrow. I don't know if anyone here has played since vanilla, but back then pets had happiness levels. Something like 1-5 with 5 being best friends. Anyway we just have to wait and see with Gara.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Just a reminder, Muff said the Gara thing would be per-hunter, and you wouldn't have to compete with others.

Killing rares with short respawns is one thing. But I would assume kiting anything to Gara would not fall under that. It's very easily griefable, and Muffinus knows we don't like things like that.

Just food for thought. If it's something others can easily grief, chances are it's not involved in the Gara story.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Myzou wrote:Just a reminder, Muff said the Gara thing would be per-hunter, and you wouldn't have to compete with others.

Killing rares with short respawns is one thing. But I would assume kiting anything to Gara would not fall under that. It's very easily griefable, and Muffinus knows we don't like things like that.

Just food for thought. If it's something others can easily grief, chances are it's not involved in the Gara story.
Awesome! :D

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

One of the things I am most curious about (besides the how-to obviously) is if this is capable of being done multiple times on the same hunter. Many, if not all of us, know the pain of releasing a pet and then later regretting it. I know we can also try to ticket (isn't a guarantee) but a one shot deal with Gara would basically force us to ticket if we ever released to make room in our stables. Too early to say yet, but has me wondering since the shadowberry and scratching seems to be a one time thing.

Edit: Wonder what the http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=88710 could be, Lost Netherwolf? It has a different ID than Gara's void wolf skin (http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=88708) and other npoc ID for the white skin (http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=88707).

Gara has 3 distinct NPC ID's and then theres the Lost Netherwolf.
Last edited by Quiv on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

It might be a once per day thing. Won't know until tomorrow though.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

After scratching behind his ears and having him react to the berries, I tried a few other things to no avail. First I tried using a Shadow Berry and then talking to Gara. Nothing. Next I got myself killed and went to the grave as a ghost. Couldn't even target/see Gara or anything else, for that matter, save for a spirit healer.

Like others have said, I'm willing to bet that whatever it is that triggers him will be so glaringly obvious that we'll be kicking ourselves for not noticing it sooner.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

A few things -

- As far as treasure items. There are things you can open around Gara's area. After last wipe I didn't open them until I knew Gara was fully implemented. So yesterday I went around and opened them all. They are next to some of the stones in that general area. They contain Shadowmoon Offerings. 6 can be obtained all together. I tried all sorts of things with them - so don't think they mean much. They sell for gold - are a grey item - and can not be used. Interesting though that they do not show on the treasure map - as far as - this means there are container items in the zone which are not marked by the treasure map O.-

- Other than the Void Lantern thingy, I think its almost safe to assume at least in shadowmoon - probly period - there is not another item we need. Could totally be wrong though - getting close to have been all over Shadowmoon at least and I have not found anything to be relevant yet. The berry thing to me was like bam boom - and I had a result with it rather quickly. Since then though - nada.

- which leads to: More exploration of the level 100 area in west that I at least have not explored fully. Also I guess the dungeon too. If anyone has searched either of these what were your results?

- I have searched both mmochampion Data base and wowheads for items and still have not found anything that sticks out like lantern or berries.

- this all leads me to think like others that it is possible we need to do something with Gara on a daily basis. We will know maybe tomorrow if at least something with the berries happens again or if possibly a new dialogue opens up.

I've seen other hunters trying stuff and I know I have pretty much exhausted myself with trying to do stuff with Mother O. From kiting to trapping her and her SB at different times and health levels. Think everything has been covered - tried all spells and similar strats to ones we've used in the past.

I think in the end - it will be evident tomorrow if it is an event that occurs throughout so many days. If not - we just have not found a location or an item that will get us farther.

The scratching and berries are defined as triggers I think - like a step in a quest. I think that once you follow through with all triggers and get Gara that it will reset if you want to do it all over again for whatever reasons. Maybe not though - one more thing we will have to wait to find out :D

As some have noted - there are multiple npc's for Gara and Mother I believe. I won't be surprised if once we get past our current roadblock that we will actually start to interact more with Gara - ie:
Gara gets up and motions us to follow (new Gara npc Id) - brings us to where she or her former owner died (new npc id for Mother O) - and in the end we tame her (final Gara npc id) -

and that's my 2 cents and a few dollars thrown in -

so in a nutshell - list of things to do:
- find lantern to see if it does anything
- run shadow dungeon - normal and heroic (probably just normal)
- wait till tomorrow to see if its a daily thing
- search level 100 area in the east (northish of lvl 90 area with void wolves)

otherwise - we just are missing a location, something needs to be done or found outside of shadowmoon, somehow we have not done something with what we already have.

ps - for those that might have missed my earlier post about this - for being dead - generally you need to die close to the object you want to see - unless it is meant to be interacted with while dead - for instance the guy in black rock mountain you talked to back in the day or the npc's at darkmoon faire in the woods. Otherwise you will not see anything until you are close to your body - so die by Gara and then you will see her. This makes me think though that its a dead (ha ha pun) end. Otherwise you would see her if your body wasn't close. Hope that clears that up.
Aettis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Aettis »

So I can't log into the beta, about to raid. But had a few ideas.

-The next step seems to be to give Gara the berries, or give her -something-. Maybe she can't have the berries because she is dead, and can only eat them when alive, thus turning her into the voidwolf? Maybe the spirit healer there has some insight.
-Anyone try dying while berry buff active?
-Maybe Rexxar knows something.
-The other symbol on the grave is intriguing. Neutral horde hunter? Maybe some nearby camps of hostile something that may have pilferred the missing item?

Edit: That empty grave, the pouch looks like an ammo pouch, like the ones they showed up in the artcraft thing. Maybe we're looking for a gun?

Edit #2: Anyone try flaring? Track Hidden? Track everything?
Ren of <Haven>, US Proudmoore
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

hmm - have not tried track hidden - though its usually always on by default for me - will take a look

also - in Anguish - tomb area - there were items galore. One thing I used was Ashes of A'kumbo - no idea what it did when I used them though? - is this an alli rep thing or something - says it allows you to speak to ancestors of Shadowmoon - no buff on me or anything - do not know if this just helped or if it is nothing - Gara doesn't seem to care though - used it in front of her.

Searched lvl 100 area - nothing there - not sure if the runes on ground really do anything anyways.

have flared stuff myself - have seen others flare too - so I'm sure that's being covered to some extent. Also forgot to mention before someone asked about horde which was answered - but also about levels. Looks like we have a good assortment of all levels looking around doing stuff.

All the items I have acquired now that have flavor text - a lot having to do with the void - I put them all on and that did nothing either -
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Unread post by Aoife »

Aettis wrote:
Edit #2: Anyone try flaring? Track Hidden? Track everything?
I did try flaring, but didn't spend much time trying it with combos of other things tried, including the berries. I'll try more tomorrow....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tried using your raise pet on her? :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Aoife »

Wain wrote:Tried using your raise pet on her? :)
I think I did but don't remember. I'll try again tomorrow just in case.... ;)

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

yes - tried raise pet on her and Mother O and her SB - funny thing though - the first time I tried it on Gara I did not realize my pet had been out and was dead - so it went through the motions and I almost freaked out - until my pet came back to life :/

Done for tonight though - good luck everyone. I must say - not like it is a revelation or anything - our hunting community is Passionate - we are united - and we are bad ass - and we are devoted - and we are obsessive :D - /love to all

ltr
Bgranger
Realm: Aerie peak

Unread post by Bgranger »

My bet is that it is either the void lantern or another item we have to find. I remember a week or two ago on wow insider there was an article talking about a quest chain that was started by picking up random items with no indication that they would give you a quest. I don't remember the specifics of it but it involved taking these items back to khadgars servant at your garrisons to eventually get a garrison follower.

I bet if we look around long enough we will find the item we need just lying around somewhere random.

Also one more thought. The most famous beast master in warcraft history just happens to be on dreanor. Has anyone gone to visit Rexar to see if he had any insight into this or if his camp in gorgrond has any items we can use? I haven't leveled my hunter again since the last character wipe so I'm still level 90 stuck in smv on beta.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

My only thought on Rexxar being involved is that unless he's friendly to Alliance, it seems less likely. Unless there was also an Alliance equivalent NPC to talk to.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:My only thought on Rexxar being involved is that unless he's friendly to Alliance, it seems less likely. Unless there was also an Alliance equivalent NPC to talk to.
Rexxar is Champion of the Horde so that's highly unlikely he'll suddenly like the Alliance. x3 I don't believe we do have an equivalent either on Ally.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Toothy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Toothy »

So I don't think it is a daily thing, I talked to Gara and nothing happened. Can anyone else confirm? Also there are sone prawpints/handprints on the big grave. Is this just part of all the grave sites or uniqie? What if it is a weekly thing? Probably not I would think, that is a long wait.
Attachments
Here is a screenshot of it.
Here is a screenshot of it.
WoWScrnShot_090414_082134.jpg (98.95 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
Picture from right side.
Picture from right side.
WoWScrnShot_090414_082134.jpg (98.95 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Aoife »

Junrei wrote:
Wain wrote:My only thought on Rexxar being involved is that unless he's friendly to Alliance, it seems less likely. Unless there was also an Alliance equivalent NPC to talk to.
Rexxar is Champion of the Horde so that's highly unlikely he'll suddenly like the Alliance. x3 I don't believe we do have an equivalent either on Ally.

The last time I saw Rexxar (which was during the first beta build, i think) he was friendly to Alliance - out on that island off the south coast of SMV. Was that a glitch or was I dreaming? I'll have to wander out there and take another look.... :)