Rant Thread

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Niabi »

Thank you guys, the hugs are very much appreciated at this time! I apologize if my spelling or grammar may be off in this post. My mind is still swimming from all the information I just absorbed.

The official diagnosis the doctor gave me was papillary thyroid carcinoma. This will require a full thyroidectomy within the month and the removal of some enlarged lymph nodes in the surrounding area. I will then need to go on a low iodine diet to prepare my body for radiation treatment which should kill any residual cancer cells. Further tests will be scheduled to see if the cancer has spread. So long as my cancer hasn't advanced beyond the thyroid, I can hope for a full remission.

I won't lie. I'm scared but I'm also ready to fight like hell! I'm experiencing so many different emotions at this moment, it's hard to define them. I'm going to be fine. I'm tough. I've been through hell and back before. No matter what the future holds, I will not let this end me!

I just want to thank you guys for letting me vent this on the forums and for all the kind words you've given me. You are all so supportive and awesome! That is why I love this community so much! :hug:
Last edited by Niabi on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Niabi wrote:The doctor called me with the results of my biopsy today ...

I have cancer.
Oh man....Niabi....I don't even know what to say.....

We're here for you. All of us. :hug:

You can beat this! We'll be cheering you on the whole way! :headbang:

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I have cancer.
Jesus fucking christ. :/ My thoughts are with you, like everyone else, I'm lost for words.

All I can give you are my hugs and good thoughts: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I have cancer.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
we're all here for you if you need an ear

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Niabi *hugs*

I will keep you in my thoughts for sure <3

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I have cancer.
Oh god I'm so sorry. Words fail me but :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My half sister went through breast cancer and beat it - you will beat yours too <3
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Niabi wrote:Thank you guys, the hugs are very much appreciated at this time! I apologize if my spelling or grammar may be off in this post. My mind is still swimming from all the information I just absorbed.

The official diagnosis the doctor gave me was papillary thyroid carcinoma. This will require a full thyroidectomy within the month and the removal of some enlarged lymph nodes in the surrounding area. I will then need to go on a low iodine diet to prepare my body for radiation treatment which should kill any residual cancer cells. Further tests will be scheduled to see if the cancer has spread. So long as my cancer hasn't advanced beyond the thyroid, I can hope for a full remission.

I won't lie. I'm scared but I'm also ready to fight like hell! I'm experiencing so many different emotions at this moment, it's hard to define them. I'm going to be fine. I'm tough. I've been through hell and back before. No matter what the future holds, I will not let this end me!

I just want to thank you guys for letting me vent this on the forums and for all the kind words you've given me. You are all so supportive and awesome! That is why I love this community so much! :hug:
This is a damn good way to think about it. Cancer's a scary thing, and I'm sorry that you have to experience it first hand, but not letting it get control of you is a great step in beating it. I wish you all the best in your treatment, and I hope that the result is it going into full remission. Keep on fighting, you can get through this.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

*sigh* This is depressing. I'm 3/9 for Silver CMs but lately we can NEVER find a damn tank. Time is running out. I dont think I'll ever get this done.

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Junrei wrote:*sigh* This is depressing. I'm 3/9 for Silver CMs but lately we can NEVER find a damn tank. Time is running out. I dont think I'll ever get this done.
I've kept my butt away from CM's. Sometimes you get good groups and it's rocky but you get there. Or you get the bad groups who can't pull the first load of trash without wiping somehow. You've only got 6 left Junrei keep going! You'll get it done, I bet ya. In a month you'll have the Phoenix. If you need help with some tactics I could try to lend a hand (although I was pretty clueless most of the time with my group :oops: and died loads over silly little mechanics I had no idea existed) if you'd like :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kayro wrote:
Junrei wrote:*sigh* This is depressing. I'm 3/9 for Silver CMs but lately we can NEVER find a damn tank. Time is running out. I dont think I'll ever get this done.
I've kept my butt away from CM's. Sometimes you get good groups and it's rocky but you get there. Or you get the bad groups who can't pull the first load of trash without wiping somehow. You've only got 6 left Junrei keep going! You'll get it done, I bet ya. In a month you'll have the Phoenix. If you need help with some tactics I could try to lend a hand (although I was pretty clueless most of the time with my group :oops: and died loads over silly little mechanics I had no idea existed) if you'd like :)
We do CMs once a week. We're on SPM. We got the hardest ones out of the way.

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I am like 300% tired today. I wish these random bouts of exhausted-ness would go away.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

@ Junrei. Okie dokie. Scholomance and Stormstout brewery are nasty ones, I will admit. One did not enjoy wiping seven times on the first boss, and wiping on the other bosses loads of times either. If you haven't done Stormstout brewery yet, I suggest that when you're on the last boss you don't try to intercept the beams. There's too many to stop him from healing fully. We would put a skull on one and nuke it down, moving between them and then popped all cooldowns. He won't spawn anymore helpers once those six/seven are all gone :) you've gotta have high DPS tho. Just in case ^_^

SPM isn't that bad. Just that one boss that'd fire out palms...I was wondering what they'd do and I didn't move out the way in time. Of course one died and I just sat there like "...so that's what they do..." :lol: lesson learned. If it's on fire and heading your way, don't lean into the screen and wonder what it does. Just move .-.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

@Kayro
SPM we got to Taran Zhu. He's a PITA in CMs. ><; Me being the only ranged didn't help either.

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Taran Zhu is a pain, I agree. The fact you've got to meditate every now and then doesn't help. I can't remember much, as we had three hunters (oh the cc) but you've got to make sure your group cleanses themselves of their hate before the orbs start to pull you in. Those need to die, so make the group focus on one at a time and nuke them down ASAP. That's their only mechanic, and when they're up all the ranged (which is the problem as you've only got one) focus on them. Perhaps you could have one other DPS also help get them down. Taran Zhu only has a few mechanics, so as long as you interrupt his Rising Hate (scatter shot and counter shot do the trick. By the time he casts again you should have the other interrupt up. His whirling wall of death must be kept from you at all times, as you're going to play the important role of killing the orbs (and also marking them so one other DPS can run over and assist you in focusing on one). When he casts his whirling wall of death make sure the other DPS back off a little, so to ease the healers job with the tank taking most the damage. Aoe healing is a must (druids generally are good for this.) and a Blood DK, if you can grab one, is handy as they also have interrupts. Plus, aoe!

When someone needs to meditate, I suggest that they back off a bit so any walls of death won't get them and then meditate. If the DPS helping you kill the orbs needs to meditate, get the other DPS to come in and kill them. Taran Zhu doesn't have much health, and killing him in 3 mins is generally alright. The tank can, if he's good and your healer knows what they're doing, handle Taran on his own while all DPS focus on the orbs. May I suggest going BM if you aren't already? Quilen are very handy as they've got a battle rezz and their 5% crit chance has the same cooldown time as a wolves howl and lasts for 2 mins rather than 1. If you need to, your pet can focus on the orbs and then you focus on Taran Zhu is you need to interrupt.

The fight is basically keeping an eye on the orbs, nuking them as they go and burning down Taran Zhu. Dots are good for this, as you can set them up on him, then focus on orbs rather than the main boss. Not sure if I've explained this well enough, but I hope it helps :) perhaps, if you need anymore help, PMing would be better? We're getting a little off topic :lol:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Junrei wrote:
Kayro wrote:
Use Openraid they have some real good groups going.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

cowmuflage wrote:
Junrei wrote:
Kayro wrote:I've kept my butt away from CM's. Sometimes you get good groups and it's rocky but you get there. Or you get the bad groups who can't pull the first load of trash without wiping somehow. You've only got 6 left Junrei keep going! You'll get it done, I bet ya. In a month you'll have the Phoenix. If you need help with some tactics I could try to lend a hand (although I was pretty clueless most of the time with my group :oops: and died loads over silly little mechanics I had no idea existed) if you'd like :)
Use Openraid they have some real good groups going.
That's what I have been using but only with a friend. I'm a little nervous about going with strangers cause my boomkin dps isn't grand. :<

@Kayro
I would...if I was on my hunter. :P I'm on my druid. I'm considering switching to my WW monk to do it since CMs for druids really....aren't ideal. Unfortunately, if I do switch, I'd need to redo the three hard CMs I've done already(namely SM which is the hardest of the CMs).
Last edited by Lisaara on Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Dad do you have to be passive aggressive, bitchy and hostile all the time or can you maybe lighten up for a second.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Today's just been a big bust....

1. No CMs today again(as I ranted about earlier)
2. Flex was a no go cause we lacked people
3. Can't seem to find a normal Garrosh kill.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Why do I always say I am sorry to toxic people for the things they do to me?

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

My sister really creeps the fuck out of me now and I feel so, so sorry for my best friend. Long story short - we were staying at my mum's house during the summer and he was sat on the floor, against the couch, and my sister was sat on my couch and she has some weird freaky fascination with him (she's like obsessed with gay anime guys whatever the fuck you call that) because he's gay and she fucking starts *stroking his hair* in front of everyone and my mum told her to stop because it was clearly weirding him out so much. Who the fuck does that?

He was essentially forced into being her 'brother' figure because he's mine and my mum treats and sees him like a son, I've mentioned this before, but as soon as this happened my sister added him on Facebook, which he first declined but she did it again anyway, immediately afterwards adding him as her 'brother' on Facebook. He felt really uncomfortable about it - she barely even knows him, the only reason she does at all is because he's my friend and he stayed at our house last summer and this summer.

She's like an antisocial recluse who just watches anime all day, ignoring her mother who's suffering from depression and needs all the help she can get, and only ever bothers to be around people when *he's* around and I find it fucking creepy as fuck that she wants him to be her 'brother' when she clearly has some weird creepy crush/obsession with him. I just feel so bad that I invite him over to stay and this is the kind of treatment he's getting. I won't be surprised if he never wants to come and stay again honestly.

Isn't it rather sad that a guy I met during uni makes more of an attempt to comfort my mother and be like a brother to me than my real fucking sister does?