Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Gara

Unread post by Quiv »

Thori wrote:OKAY, so we were definitely right. You place the incense at the grave and.... shit goes down. I won't spoil it for you but things have definitely happened. And there is no obvious step next yet.
You aint kidding. I think the lantern plays a vital role in the next step.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Here is what happens with the effigy. I made an imgur album instead of posting them all in here:

http://imgur.com/a/LHLVB

And you thought we'd be done.

BTW, I do not have the lantern now. No idea what to do next.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Thori
Realm: Anachronos

Unread post by Thori »

Quivering wrote:
Thori wrote:OKAY, so we were definitely right. You place the incense at the grave and.... shit goes down. I won't spoil it for you but things have definitely happened. And there is no obvious step next yet.
You aint kidding. I think the lantern plays a vital role in the next step.
Yeah, without spoiling too much (and for the benefit of those who don't have Beta) Gara is essentially taken in to the void by a void "god" called Xan. We'll have to figure out how to get in to the void and rescue her.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

- lol - if this isn't proof that I have some of the worst luck in wow gaming history - not only can't I loot a bone - my character is stuck in combat - and /reload - FD - quitting and reclogging will do anything - so I cant take a FP - I can Hearth - or do anything

/shed a tear for me
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Wow things really do go down. ;-; Finished with the effigy and ready to do more detective work. Shame though as essentially we have to do the same thing we've been doing all along - combing over everything looking for clues. Hopefully not to such a great extent this time but..

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

ah - I could use my guild cape to port to org (that dropped me out of combat) and then could hearth to garrison - going back to Try to get a bone to drop -
Zgar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Zgar »

Maybe NOW we should head up to that level 100 area in SMV. If not there then I don't know where we would go.
Thori

Unread post by Thori »

Lupen202 wrote:Wow things really do go down. ;-; Finished with the effigy and ready to do more detective work. Shame though as essentially we have to do the same thing we've been doing all along - combing over everything looking for clues. Hopefully not to such a great extent this time but..
True - but at least we know we're going in the right direction. I'm not sure we would be expected to roam all over draenor for more parts of the lantern so I'm going to start searching SMV again for any mobs that now might drop the lantern or anywhere where it could be located. As we've completed that section of the "chain" of quests I think it might have triggered the spawn somewhere.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

There is only one Thunderlord Giantslayer that I can see? He isn't dropping a bone 8( I hate to leave his spot to go find more.. anyone know if there are more? (I'm right in the middle of Daggermaw Raving with all the Thunderlords)
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Bendak »

Gara is back now, and there's something beside her that is maybe the lantern? I dunno. The problem is the other 2 people there are opposite faction so I can't ask them. It also makes the sky like the void stuff. See here: http://i.imgur.com/JBLhNEv.jpg

Talking to Gara does nothing and I don't seem to be able to select the little totem or lantern or whatever that is beside her.

edit: close up http://i.imgur.com/JHNbJvJ.jpg
Zgar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Zgar »

Checking The Pillars of Fate, there are many totems there that look like what you showed Bendak, not to mention there are Summoners calling up Void Portals.
Thori

Unread post by Thori »

jensketch wrote:There is only one Thunderlord Giantslayer that I can see? He isn't dropping a bone 8( I hate to leave his spot to go find more.. anyone know if there are more? (I'm right in the middle of Daggermaw Raving with all the Thunderlords)
Check in Grom'Gar - I got mine off a Giantslayer there, and not the other place.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Bendak »

Zgar wrote:Checking The Pillars of Fate, there are many totems there that look like what you showed Bendak, not to mention there are Summoners calling up Void Portals.
Where's that? Don't see on map
Darius
Realm: Durotan

Unread post by Darius »

I'm going to check the level 100 place in SMV now, see if anything changed there after using the Effigy
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Was talking about this in-game - it'd make sense for the lantern to be from the level 100 zone or potentially the dungeon, moreso than any other areas. Why? The items for the effigy had us go to level 90 to 98 zones. By the time we collected all the items we'd be near 100 anyways.. Why make us come back to SMV and farm level 90s?
Last edited by Lupen202 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rodhake
Realm: kazzak eu

Unread post by Rodhake »

[quote="Bendak"]Gara is back now

thats my void totem nothing to do with quest i just tried it to see if something happens
Thori

Unread post by Thori »

Gara reappeared for me, but has now completely disappeared again, no totem or anything. Puzzling.
Eaglesong
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Eaglesong »

Maybe what you saw is what the void lantern looks like?

edit: oops, nvm. :roll:
Last edited by Eaglesong on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zgar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Zgar »

Bendak wrote:
Zgar wrote:Checking The Pillars of Fate, there are many totems there that look like what you showed Bendak, not to mention there are Summoners calling up Void Portals.
Where's that? Don't see on map
Its off to the far west of SMV in the mountains, have to go through Spires of Arak to get there I believe. At least thats how I did it
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by moonone »

finally got a bone drop - off to Gara - /phew