Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Gara

Unread post by Wain »

You guys got it! That's an awesome thing to wake up to. Congratulations to everyone who contributed and especially to those who lost a lot of sleep over it. Well done!!! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

Woot! - great find Lupen - and here I was logged out and not reading the forums - making a huge list of all the npc's in shadowmoon enclave - ones that we could see and ones I hadn't seen and assumed they only spawned as part of the quest there. I even found one npc - quest only that was added 6.2 - and was just coming back to post all my research - and read what had transpired - rofl. Guess I was wrong about Shadowmoon Enclave questing being the next part.
I wish I was Alliance - never came across that tree wondering around - figured you alliance had shadowmoon covered lol.

Yay - good job everyone - nice community effort.

Toothy - I am Zarra - must have missed my earlier post about it :D

anywho - of course as I was reading the post I went to log in quick and no servers - went to forums to see a new build was coming - wah wah wahhhh

sooooo - Muffinus - first thanks! Great story/event you have given us! Second - now how about that green fel wolf you've been working on that resides in FFR :D patch 6.1 maybe?

Once again - thanks all - was fun - good job - and I hope to see yall some more before beata is done - I know I won't see any of you in live - nobody likes Uldum US :/

looking forward to our next endeavor - final taming passes :D
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

Almost forgot - this one is for you Bendak - a bit of foreshadowing O.-

Imoogi
Realm: Sentinels

Unread post by Imoogi »

As frustrating as it got at times I do feel this needs to be said. Of all the Online games I have played off and on over the past decade. I have never come close to an online community as supportive as WOW. So many online games are breeding grounds for toxic players and trolls, and while we do still have them in this community, it is to a much lesser extent then games like League of Legends. Most of the trolls that I have encountered in this game are wonderful people and I can't blame them for their race selection :).
But seeing the community come together from the people on the sidelines without beta keys all the way up to prominent bloggers working to solve a task such as this is a heartwarming reminder of why I continue to come back to this game.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

moonone wrote:Almost forgot - this one is for you Bendak - a bit of foreshadowing O.-

Oh wow how cool!

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Dakender
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Madoran

Unread post by Dakender »

@Lupen202 /bow & Every Hunter that was out there the past few days... Awesome and congrats... was a pleasure "HUNTING" with each and every one of you over the weekend... I can now give my coffee pot a rest :) I swear I only got about 2 hours of sleep from the time I got off Friday till about 9pm Sun night :) Continuously checked the tweets and forums throughout the day and was elated when I seen what was going on.... Rushed home to tame, just as the first "SERVERS COMING DOWN" was announced... But was all well worth it.. Times like this makes me proud to call myself a "Hunter" and part of the WoW community .... BM for the win ! ! !! !
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Congrats all! Haven't been in beta much but have been following this thread - so glad you all figured it out :D Can't wait to tame my own gara <3

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Darius
Realm: Durotan

Unread post by Darius »

I haven't really had the time to get back on here since catching Gara this mornin along with Lupen, and I just wanted to say how amazing this weekend has been.

Even the long days where we discovered nothing was made fun and enjoyable by hanging out in SolveGara chat on the 100PvE realm with everyone else out searching as well.

So thank you all very much, this has really been as awesome adventure! And to Muffinus, I'm sorry for all the irritating tweets you undoubtedly got, it just shows how passionate we all are! :)

And for everyone who I talked to or interacted with, go ahead and add me KiblersBits#1826! I'd love to hang out with you all again!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Toothy wrote:I think the BEST part of all of this was seeing all the hunters on petopia in game. That was amazing, I got to see Bendak, and he even replied to some of my posts on this forum :D (I follow his blog) Though I couldn't say anything in game because I'm horde. Also saw Zarra, not sure of the petopia name, and a few others like Aiofe. Maybe saw Lupen as well, but all in all it was great. It was definitely a fun and unforgettable experience of how united the hunter community can be. Even those not in beta, like Kayro, tried their best by giving suggestions! Very soon I will get gara too (once servers are back up *sigh*) and then edit this post. :) Makes me think we should do community hunter stuff sometime, this was really fun!
This kind of thing is why I love Petopia--and hunters in general.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Yup hunters got something other classes aint got, that special bond over our beasts. What a bunch of warriors going to get together and do? Get mad and shout a bunch? Rogues get together and play hide and seek? :P
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, it was a lot of fun working alongside everyone and figuring out this puzzle :D
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Ya know....Even in all this mess, I've been staring at Lord Xan for a good bit (one of the photos of him since I've been looking at Bendak's blog to keep up with where I gotta get the pieces of the effigy) and I noticed something.

Anyone notice that he's got two noticeable things about him. 1) He's really really REALLY shiny. Compared to all creatures usually in the form he is, he's like SHINY. So maybe that's where the whole Lord of Glass thing came from? He's just shiny like glass...

2) If you look at him for a minute or two, you'll notice he's got these weird...back-wingy things that are void purple and all, which reminded me somewhat of the Naaru, if you spread it apart some. So our belief he was a fallen Naaru is probably correct, just didn't have anything to do with the quest.

All in all, I think it was a great mystery! I'm alittle worried about the leading to the tree, and the effigy pieces (there's ton of people who will just chunk those without thought) so I think the clues could have been more....breadcrumby? I dunno.

But we have it all solved anyways so it's gonna end up on WoWhead XD so most people will just go look for the guide once it's all posted, and maybe that's what Muffinus expected of us? That or he was just thinking of a really really REALLY good way to get us to test alot of stuff XD

He bribed us with pretty tames! We could not resist!!

Edit: Omg, Bendak noticed what I said about Anchorite Vanaala's clue...EEEEE! *dies from happiness at being a small part of it all* Even if I'm not named, this is probably gonna make me glow for like....weeks. XD
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

shame I couldn't help at all with this. No beta. But you guys did a wonderful job! ^_^

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

13thmaiden wrote:2) If you look at him for a minute or two, you'll notice he's got these weird...back-wingy things that are void purple and all, which reminded me somewhat of the Naaru, if you spread it apart some. So our belief he was a fallen Naaru is probably correct, just didn't have anything to do with the quest.
He basically use the same model as Entropius in Sunwell Plateau, just a different color which seems to make him a lot more shiny.

Well congrats to all who hunted for clues all this time. This was pretty amazing to read everyday. And thank you Muffinman for giving us at least something really awesome to look forward to in WoD.
ImageImage
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

moonone wrote:Almost forgot - this one is for you Bendak - a bit of foreshadowing O.-

Nice shot! Looks like that was taken when I was stacking void lantern buffs :lol:
I think the BEST part of all of this was seeing all the hunters on petopia in game. That was amazing, I got to see Bendak, and he even replied to some of my posts on this forum :D (I follow his blog) Though I couldn't say anything in game because I'm horde. Also saw Zarra, not sure of the petopia name, and a few others like Aiofe. Maybe saw Lupen as well, but all in all it was great. It was definitely a fun and unforgettable experience of how united the hunter community can be. Even those not in beta, like Kayro, tried their best by giving suggestions! Very soon I will get gara too (once servers are back up *sigh*) and then edit this post. :) Makes me think we should do community hunter stuff sometime, this was really fun!
Yep, this was a lot of fun. From the first night where all we did was eat Shadowberries to the next night when all we did was stack Void Lanterns buffs to today seeing a bunch of other hunters hanging out in the void realm with their Garas. Fun stuff.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Darius
Realm: Durotan

Unread post by Darius »

Hold on just a sec. Right before we tame Gara, Mother Om'ra says "maybe you can find a way to reverse the process."

Maybe this is supposed to mean something, or maybe I'm still just in speculation mode and suffering from sleep deprivation, but I think it's still intriguing.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yeah, I noticed that too, and it'd be pretty awesome if you could choose whether you wanted Gara to remain as a void wolf or not. Would be a ton of fun to go hunting for even more clues to "save" her :lol: But that's probably asking for a lot... Can't believe the attention the hunter community has already got. (Still super excited about Teroclaws & Hydras after all this LOL)

But it is odd for her to say that at all if there wasn't more to it. But it could just be nothing, just Om'ra hoping Gara will find peace one day.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Did you guys find the Lost Netherwolf NPC? Its a spirit beast with a seperate NPC ID.
Rodhake
Realm: kazzak eu

Unread post by Rodhake »

maybe then u put gara to rest ^^
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Quivering wrote:Did you guys find the Lost Netherwolf NPC? Its a spirit beast with a seperate NPC ID.
My guess would be that that NPC is the one we tame if we happened to abandon Gara and want to get her back. Anyone willing to look into it?

Also, great work everyone, was nice suprise to wake up. :D