Character Restoration Service?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Character Restoration Service?

Unread post by Hisae »

Hi guys! :hug: I saw on Wowinsider an article that hinted that we might be getting a service where we can restore characters we regret deleting without having to put in a ticket.

Said Article:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/04/06/warlo ... te-option/

I'm so curious about this! I'm not in beta (even if I got an invite I rather wait for the expansion to come out) I've not heard anything else and I wanted to ask the community if they've heard anything? :)

Thank you for reading!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Character Restoration Service?

Unread post by Vephriel »

There's a little button right on the character selection screen, it's the curly arrow, and when you click it you can select from a list of recently deleted characters and choose one to restore.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091714_222259.png
WoWScrnShot_091714_222259.png (62.38 KiB) Viewed 2517 times
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

Is that for WoD or is that already implemented? How far back in recent deletes does it go?

Veph-You've got me all excited now!!!! lol
Vephriel

That's in the WoD beta currently, and I imagine it will be going live, possibly with the pre-patch. I'm not entirely sure what the timespan is as all my beta characters that show up in the restoration panel have been made and deleted recently.
Saiya the Lotus
Realm: Lightbringer-US , MoonGuard-US

Unread post by Saiya the Lotus »

Oh my, That is a great feature
Vephriel

Here's more info about it:
In the upcoming pre-Warlords of Draenor content patch, we're adding a new feature that allows players to undelete characters. But before you delete that character, there are a few limitations we want you to let you to know about first.

Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55 are not eligible to be undeleted.
Characters between level 10 and level 29 will no longer recoverable after 90 days.
Characters between level 30 and 49 will no longer recoverable after 120 days.
All other characters level 50 and above are eligible to be undeleted at any time.
Please keep in mind you will only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.

Undeleting a character restores all of its enchantments, gems, and items fully intact. You'll be able to get back into action right away, and your character won't remember being deleted-we won't tell, either.

Shhhh. . . .

Reclaiming Your Name: What About Flugur?

We'll be holding deleted character names for a limited time, and the original creator can reclaim it for use on a new character during that time. If you create a new character with the same name as one of your deleted characters (let's say Flugur), the new character must be renamed, transferred, or deleted to complete the restoration of the original Flugur.
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

I just talked with another player about this new service this morning and he asked an interesting question and I instantly thought of my hunter community. :)

When you click that icon to pull up the restoration service, does it list the characters you deleted or do you need to remember the character's name?

If I could have a description to tell my friend that would be amazing! :hug: I'm so glad I can come here and ask for help.
Vephriel

It lists them, you kind of go to another screen with your characters displayed to choose from.
Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Hisae »

I have another undelete feature question.

When you restore the character will they appear on the server your on? (I.E. Stormrage or Moon Guard) or will they be restored to the server they were originally deleted (I.E. Whisperwind)? I'm thinking of using it on a character that I deleted "Lost" to the void a while ago, she is 90 and I might want to put her on a different realm.

Thank you!
Vephriel

No, it's the server that they were originally on, otherwise people could use the system to cheat their way to a free realm transfer. ;)
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

This dosent work with your old chars dating vanilla - even ones you leveled up to 75/80 then deleted after.
Its only counting the late deleted chars.

On deathwing I had a vanilla char, lvld to 80 when wrath hit, got hacked lost everything - blizz didnt do anything °as usual °
Since the un-delete it dosent show any chars that was deleted.

Guessing they only recover later exp chars and not the entire acc char history itself. :evil:

So dont get your hopes up thinking ull get your old char back with this option.