WoD new pet lists

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: WoD new pet lists

Unread post by Kurasu »

Lupen202 wrote:Even if they don't feel it could fit in any of the new zones (though I do think both Nagrand and Gorgrond would be fine places), they could always put a lower level rare in somewhere.
This is what I'm hoping we'll see. They did a 'sweep' with a post-Cata update patch and added a crapload of new rares. I feel that would be the easiest way to add in some of these new skins: do a 'pass' after the big work on WoD is done and while the 'fixes' are being put in. There should be time to insert a couple new models or change out old ones for another look (maybe one of the duplicate-colored stags can be given the purple skin, for instance, or a duplicate hydra can be turned golden).

Right now, I don't blame them for being 100% focused and dedicated to WoD stuff.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK I've added rough tables of beasts for all the 90+ instances. BUT almost none of these are checked, I got the data from Wowhead. So some may be missing or inaccurate, and most are missing levels. But it's a start :/

The instances I just added are:
A few images are missing as well. The Iron Horde Clefthoof and the green bat with the saddle. I presume that shouldn't have the saddle and will be fixed to just be a green bat but I'm not sure as I haven't seen the situation.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

With 6.0 coming out, please let us know what you find in UBRS :) The wolves in the first hallway are confirmed tameable, but that's all that's been checked so far.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Are these Draneor wolves we are talking about? I'm a little behind. What colors and can I get into the dungeon today?

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Wain wrote:With 6.0 coming out, please let us know what you find in UBRS :) The wolves in the first hallway are confirmed tameable, but that's all that's been checked so far.
Ooh so I can get a fancy Draenor wolf earlier than WoD? I likey. Well. I don't know if I'll dare go into UBRS but I'll give it a go, see how well I can play my class.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

New UBRS seems super easy but then again I did it in a guild group so we were all HWF MWF-geared. Biiiiiit of bias there, haha.

For reference, the level 90 version seems to end after what used to be the Rend event, which you can still break by killing the boss' mount too fast (it appears to be a bit broken anyway, an npc in the fight got stuck on an endless loop after we left combat). Neither the boss' mount nor the little rylaks that show up in place of the old whelps were tameable but I've forgotten both their names and IDs now b/c I'm bad (and my browser crashed the first time I was writing this post, haha)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kayro wrote:
Wain wrote:With 6.0 coming out, please let us know what you find in UBRS :) The wolves in the first hallway are confirmed tameable, but that's all that's been checked so far.
Ooh so I can get a fancy Draenor wolf earlier than WoD? I likey. Well. I don't know if I'll dare go into UBRS but I'll give it a go, see how well I can play my class.
On the beta I was able to stealth past the first mobs (don't try to go through the middle of the barricade, you can actually just jump the spikes on the side) and then get to a suitable position behind some crates, so that it would take ages for the pack to reach me. I managed to tame a wolf before they hurt me enough to kill me.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:
Kayro wrote:
On the beta I was able to stealth past the first mobs (don't try to go through the middle of the barricade, you can actually just jump the spikes on the side) and then get to a suitable position behind some crates, so that it would take ages for the pack to reach me. I managed to tame a wolf before they hurt me enough to kill me.
Ohh okay, thanks! I was having worries I'd have to join a group and they'd kill all the wolves :( kill try that tomorrow/today :D
Now...if I can just remember where updated UBRS is...
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Kayro - From what I read on wowhead, you will not be able to fly to the instance and enter it alone, because it is counted as a level 100 dungeon. It has been scaled to level 90 just for this pre-patch thing, so unfortunately you will need to do it in a group. I may be wrong, but hang on, let me find you the link.

"To run this dungeon, you will need to queue up via the new Group Finder tool. If you try to fly to UBRS and walk through the instance entrance, you will get a zoning error that you must be level 100."

Link: http://www.wowhead.com/news=243610/guid ... unch-event
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ahh thanks Mozag! Seems I'll have to find a group then >.< oh well. I'll read up on tactics and reserve 2 wolves. Perhaps run two separate group to nab the 2 wolf skins :) but which one first? That us the real question.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

:OOOOOOOOOOO

Moonshell Crawler!! im so getting that! *squee*
Yahnna

Unread post by Yahnna »

Hi hi , you all should really do some work on updating the Gorillas they are insanely good pets and you have not even a fraction of all the gorillas in the game :PpP I've found some pretty amazing ones they have really nice looks to them, I came here to find more or rares and was a little sad to find you only have 6 all together. Gorilla update!!!!! <3
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, it turns out Nakk the Thunderer IS tameable! (Also confirmed his ID as 50990, which is an old, unused rare one).

Though if you tamed him, rather than one of the many other red clefthooves, you may make a lot of mount collectors cry.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yahnna wrote:Hi hi , you all should really do some work on updating the Gorillas they are insanely good pets and you have not even a fraction of all the gorillas in the game :PpP I've found some pretty amazing ones they have really nice looks to them, I came here to find more or rares and was a little sad to find you only have 6 all together. Gorilla update!!!!! <3
Hey. What Gorilla list were you referring to, and which are missing?

The Petopia list of Gorilla looks is here:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/gorilla.html

And if you click on (or mouse over) any look you can see all the tameables for that look. If you notice any missing, please let us know. Thanks :)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Wain wrote:So, it turns out Nakk the Thunderer IS tameable! (Also confirmed his ID as 50990, which is an old, unused rare one).

Though if you tamed him, rather than one of the many other red clefthooves, you may make a lot of mount collectors cry.
Weird. I wonder if that's intended. Easy way to grief others, and I know for a fact that Pathrunner isn't tameable (unless that changed in this weeks build). Can't say if the others are tameable but pretty sure they aren't?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm not sure it could be used much for griefing. It's not like you could tame it while combat was underway as there's no way you'd maintain threat.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Not sure if griefing is the correct word, but it would be easy for a hunter to tame Nakk (before anyone else spots him and initiates combat) just to spite others. I know that there are already people on live that will camp pets for hours just to kill them so nobody can tame them; someone doing the same in essence with these Draenor rares wouldn't surprise me.

Is it really impossible though to get a tame in during combat? Distracting shot and glyphed tame beast... It certainly worked in Ubrs for the wolf :P but maybe it isn't to the same degree.

Regardless, I just don't think its a good idea for them to be tamable.. There really isn't a reason for it seeing as there are other mobs with the same look.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |