Patch Day Taming Thread!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Patch Day Taming Thread!

Unread post by Rawr »

I just let them know I want one at the start then DS and tame when the tank pulls the mobs. :mrgreen:

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I tamed a black hydra and a dark brown stag on Junrei.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I hate the legendary cloak so much. I was taming Chimaeron, and the cloak's proc happened when I used Tame Beast. I couldn't stop it.

Now I need to wait a week. What a load of trash. REMOVE YOUR CLOAK IF YOU WANT TO TAME HIM.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Just saw Spirit of Koosu wandering around as a hunter pet today... guy's armory checks out to having been around during WOTLK but I'm still suspicious since I've never seen him before... ;)
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

It's possible that person just wanted to make sure they got to keep Koosu after 6.0. Lord knows I'd be concerned every major patch /expansion that I'd lose mine too.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

What colors of the new Wolf models are available currently and where do you find them? I had no idea a few of them went live already but Petopia's pet list on the main site doesn't have any listings of non-WoD exclusive npc's

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Accidentally nuked Chimaeron just a teensy bit too hard. Whoops!

I'd really like someone Alliance-side to 'summon' Brokentoe via the Ring of Blood quest chain. Finding someone that hasn't done it yet has proven remarkably challenging! Brokentoe get!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Wait you can get that pretty green eyed wolf from ubs as well? O.O I must snag one! is it from the first pack at the start of the run?

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I wanted a black Hydra but the ones in Dustwallow are phased out. I got a green one from ZG and named him ZeeGeez. First for where he came from and then a pun on the BeeGees who were three brothers in the beginning. I was at Gesharahan's spawn point when he spawned too but a rotten Blood Elf killed it. He was a Hunter too. Maybe he tried to tag it and didn't realize he would one shot it. I really hope that's what happened.

I did the quest line too and it's way too short and easy. Kind of disappointing.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Junrei wrote:I tamed a black hydra and a dark brown stag on Junrei.
Where did you get the black Hydra? I went to that island and saw them for an instant before they phased out.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I honestly tamed quite a few but these are the ones that are growing on me so far.

first off is Myth. I remember stumbling upon this stag in this very location back when Sylvia was just a little level 15 nooblet. I remember being in awe of him and trying over and over again to tame him even though he was off limits. Sometimes I would come visit him and try again for old times sake as the years went by. the RP part of me believes he was waiting for me.

the next long-awaited tame was Sith. I remember stumbling upon the fabled island many years ago and actually being scared out of my wits when i realized i was among level 60 elites. I spent a lot of time watching the hydras from afar. particularly the one that wandered around next to the docks. Once again I found myself visiting him for old times sake even though I knew he could not be tamed. This was another long awaited addition to the pack.

I have been telling everyone that this guy would be mine ever since I first saw his abominable face(s+ derpy arm?) I nearly killed him, got him to 9% and had to break off the fight. got him on the second try without any problems though!

this one was a surprise for me. I was planning on taming one of the darker mop stags when i ran into him by chance. I named him Caracal- an odd name for a stag but its the name of my druid sooooo.... :D I always enjoy doing a kind of solo rp as i level my alts and as far as personal character lore goes Sylvia and Caracal are close friends and I am actually really excited to have them questing together. :lol:
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Saanlem
Realm: Nazgrel

Unread post by Saanlem »

Got a Talbuk, and a clefthoof from Nagrand. May get a gazelle. Do not plan on the hydra, its just plain ugly!!
Bikutanda of Nazgrel
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I totally forgot about that girl that phases Theramore. I got a black Hydra now.

I also tamed the green Portent. It is still possible to tame the trackable rares without Hunter's Mark but it's tricky. You have to run ahead of the last track, fire your flare, and as soon as the beast shows up, hit it with a freeze trap and quickly do your tame. The glyph of Tame Beast helps a lot.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Chimera wrote:What colors of the new Wolf models are available currently and where do you find them? I had no idea a few of them went live already but Petopia's pet list on the main site doesn't have any listings of non-WoD exclusive npc's
You can get them on the UBRS event, the first trash packs have some paths with the wolves, also the third boss spawn adds that can be tamed, sadly the rylak adds can't be =(

3 types, Black, Grey and Brown, heres their pics respectively:

Image Black

Image Grey

Image Brown
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I got this deliciously ugly fellow :) I think he goes with my warlord panda nicely :P

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

stranger
Realm: Azgalor

Unread post by stranger »

Mizree wrote:Just wanted to give a big thank you to Stranger. They summoned the ghost hydra for me :)
:D You're Welcome Mizree. I always try to help other hunters out when i have the chance. especially with pet tames
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Krauth wrote:
Chimera wrote:What colors of the new Wolf models are available currently and where do you find them? I had no idea a few of them went live already but Petopia's pet list on the main site doesn't have any listings of non-WoD exclusive npc's
You can get them on the UBRS event, the first trash packs have some paths with the wolves, also the third boss spawn adds that can be tamed, sadly the rylak adds can't be =(

3 types, Black, Grey and Brown, heres their pics respectively:

Image Black

Image Grey

Image Brown
Awesome, ty! I only just wiggled my ilvl up to 510 last night when I discovered I couldn't hop into the instance by myself so I could get in and hopefully get a wolf xD I'm hoping for the brown one for my blood elf whose both my highest ilvl char and only hunter who can queue for the dungeon (knowing my luck though I'll have to wait till WoD's released to get one of the new wolves)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I have Poncho, my green Pandarian stag! Screenies later, as the computer is downstairs and it's a mess trying to find folders.

I was on my way to tame a Talbuk, but Outland isn't working for me. I'm currently floating around in the void with a rabid hydra companion ;-; help me....

A guildie wanted to tame Chimearon. I told him the technique but he then replied with "I failed. I got him to 20% and then forgot to hit tame." *slow clap*
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Didn't take new screenshots yet, but I tamed two pets yesterday. :)

The first is Baphomet, the black stag I've had my eye on since Vanilla.

And I'm so pleased to have Unagi with me finally, another dream pet that I'm just ecstatic to have at my side.
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

I've wanted this beastie ever since it was discovered you could tame 'im. Meet Ed, Edd, and Eddy. :D