new reagent tab + crafting bags

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

new reagent tab + crafting bags

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I don't know, but it seems to me that now, with the gigantic reagent bank tab, we no longer need the specialized crafting bags (leathercrafting, herbalism, mining, etc...)

I just logged on (for 2 minutes before the game kicked me) and bought the reagent tab (200g I think?) and now, I have these huge empty bags on my toon, which are, in essence, entirely pointless. I highly doubt they will make the old crafting bags into regular bags, they're just too big. But they are, it would seem to me, entirely pointless now.

Most crafting mats now stack to 200, which makes for LOTS of room in your bags if you're out farming. Even the reagent tab is (well at first blush) way too big.

If you have the money to buy or craft the large crafting bags, you more than have enough money to simply upgrade your bank to include the reagents tab.

What am I missing?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: new reagent tab + crafting bags

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Sukurachi wrote:What am I missing?
Not too much actually :)
I just did the same thing this morning. As an engineer I do have a plethora of random gadgets and gizmos, but even with a LOT of them, my engi bag is probably going to be replaced by a large Standard bag with all the mats now just being able to sit in this new tab. It's awesome, but I agree these profession bags are not that useful anymore, apart from auto preferences for profession related items going straight into them.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: new reagent tab + crafting bags

Unread post by Thwip »

As someone who makes/uses profession bags. I'm very happy to see the regents tab as it's a ton more useful then having 2+ profession bags in your bank all the time, BUT I am still going to be keep my profession bags in at least one backpack slot on my gathering toons since it just auto goes in there and they're still much, much bigger then a regular bag. Means I can just keep farming that much longer even with the stacks going up to 200 now.

I figure it's more of a preference thing at this point. Those who wanna use them, will still use them. I know I will, if at least just on my toons and not in my banks. The regents tab just saves me a ton of room in my actual bank! \o/

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma