Which new pet families would you most like to see?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Which untameable groups of beasts would you most like to see tameable?

[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Aquatics (not a single family, but a new class of water-restricted families for sharks, threshadons, krakens, eels, frenzy fish etc.)[/td][/tr][/table]
5%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Armadillos[/td][/tr][/table]
1%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Camels[/td][/tr][/table]
No votes
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Cloud Serpents[/td][/tr][/table]
6%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Diemetradons / Incendosaurs[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Elekks / Mammoths[/td][/tr][/table]
1%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Fire Hawks / Phoenixes / Flametalons[/td][/tr][/table]
7%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Frogs and Toads[/td][/tr][/table]
5%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Giraffes[/td][/tr][/table]
0%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Gryphons[/td][/tr][/table]
5%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Gyreworms[/td][/tr][/table]
5%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Hell Hounds[/td][/tr][/table]
8%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Hippogryphs[/td][/tr][/table]
7%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Horses[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Kodos[/td][/tr][/table]
0%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Kunchong[/td][/tr][/table]
6%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Mana Wyrms[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Mushan[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Pterordaxxes / Skyscreamers[/td][/tr][/table]
9%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Rams[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Sandreavers[/td][/tr][/table]
4%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Snails[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Shoveltusks[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Stegodons / Thunder Lizards[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Windsteeds[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Wyverns[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Yaks[/td][/tr][/table]
4%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Zhevras / Unicorns[/td][/tr][/table]
2%

Total votes: 421

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Which new pet families would you most like to see?

Unread post by Wain »

Which groups of untameable beasts would you most like to see as new pet families?

We've discussed this quite a bit, but we've never had a chance to do it all in one poll before.

Feel free to discuss in this thread what you'd like to see and why. Please respect each other's choices. It doesn't mean you can't disagree, but try not to let it get too bogged down in arguments for and against (i.e. in the end you must agree to disagree!). I'm more interested in what people really like.

I've included a few sillier options for fun, and because some people really do like them :) I've also included one new "class" of pets (aquatics) which would obviously need more than one family. It's unlikely we'll ever see them but I thought it was a fun option.

Also feel free to discuss anything I missed. The problem with adding more options is that it will automatically reset the poll (we'll lose all votes). So I'd rather do it immediately or not for a while.

You're allowed five options, hard choices must be made! But you may change your votes at any time.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Which new pet families would you most like to see?

Unread post by Quiv »

(I'm not very good at the teary eye thing :lol:)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quivering wrote:Image
(I'm not very good at the teary eye thing :lol:)
Hmm, so beavers. Maybe I should also add raccoons? Otters? Red pandas? Porcupines were a mistake they decided to keep, so I'm not sure they'd ever add more critters like that. But I added snails and armadillos, so why not? :/
Moonith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore [A] / Zul'jin [H]

Unread post by Moonith »

If I had to only pick one it'd be Pterordaxxes / Skyscreamers. The moment I saw their models in-game I wanted to tame one so badly. I was disappointed when I found out they weren't.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

If I had to pick only one it'd have to be pterrowings/skyscreamers as well. But I want gryphons, hippogryphs, cloud serpents, and wyverns really badly too :s

But to be honest, all of these choices could easily work except maybe phoenixes, gyreworms and hell hounds (elementals).

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Hmm, so beavers. Maybe I should also add raccoons? Otters? Red pandas? Porcupines were a mistake they decided to keep, so I'm not sure they'd ever add more critters like that. But I added snails and armadillos, so why not? :/
Are there actual beast versions of raccoons/otters/red pandas? I can't remember. I thought the beavers were set apart from them in that way.

It was mentioned in another thread that beavers would fit in the River beast family. Probably a better idea anyway! And the thundertail would make a sick rare.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quivering wrote:
Wain wrote:Hmm, so beavers. Maybe I should also add raccoons? Otters? Red pandas? Porcupines were a mistake they decided to keep, so I'm not sure they'd ever add more critters like that. But I added snails and armadillos, so why not? :/
Are there actual beast versions of raccoons/otters/red pandas? I can't remember. I thought the beavers were set apart from them in that way.
True. There's one "beast" otter, but it's level 1 which suggests they had intended it to be a critter. There's one beast raccoon, but only during that one herb garden quest in our garrison where you have to kill them. So you're right, really only beast beavers.
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

I've found myself not playing much these days, although I still have my account active, but I'm still kinda sad about "Yakgate" in the MoP beta, when that one yak was tamable for about a day. Still super happy about the stags and talbuks from WoD though.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I picked Hell Hounds, Mushans, Skyscreamers, and Mana Wyrms. I think most of them would make sensible pets. I believe Skyscreamers and Mushan have been dire beast summons as well. Not that it means they should be pets just because of that, but it's something to consider I guess..

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Oh another one that wasn't included.. dread ravens. Would love a quest line for hunters like Warlock green fire to be able to tame them. Something involving the arakkoa. They could maybe fit with carrion birds or whatever, but a family of their own would be neat.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupen202 wrote:Oh another one that wasn't included.. dread ravens. Would love a quest line for hunters like Warlock green fire to be able to tame them. Something involving the arakkoa. They could maybe fit with carrion birds or whatever, but a family of their own would be neat.
Hrm, you're right. Though I had considered them as either carrion birds or birds of prey. I had a feeling some of them in the game were classed as such.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Of all of them, I want skyscreamers the most. Hellhounds would be awesome, and so would cloud serpents.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'd love for Skyscreamers, Hell-Hounds, kunchongs, Mana wurms and Windsteads. The others I'd love as well, but a few I feel are too intelligence to be... 'tamed' by a hunter. Perhaps work beside them. That'd be nice. Have a mount be able to join you in battle, like a Cloud Serpent for example, rather than actually tame them.

Could be a thing where they'd hit as hard as a normal pet, but onto lasted a certain amount of time and when they were active your pet was either dismissed or weakened as well, so it's not too powerful.

If I had had to only pick one, I'd pick Skyscreamers or Kunchongs. I need my giant pterodactyl or bug. ;-;
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Quite a few of these could easily be added to existing families.
Giraffes, rams, yaks, windsteeds, and shoveltusks for example could fit in with stags.

I am curious why gryphons and hippogryphs where not lumped together on the list. Same with horses, Zhevras/unicorns.

I will say that Aquatic pets is something I've wanted for a very long time, even before Vasj'ir. With a similar system that Guild Wars has.
The other one I'd love to be able to tame is Cloud Serpents, they are just such an awesome model, and have lots of variations and potential colors.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ooh so tough to narrow it down to just 5. :lol:

Aquatics are absolutely something I'd love to see! Even if we can only summon them while in water, I think it would be a really fun category of pets. :)

Hell hounds are something I'd personally love to see, either in the dog family or as their own category, just because I adore the models and think they'd make really awesome pets.

Kunchong are a species I'm shocked never made it in as tameable within the Silithid family. They're such nice models! And after the Kovok quests I became even more attached to them!

Mushan I can't let go of either. I fell in love with them during the MoP beta and I'm still so fond of them, I'd love to see them put in with perhaps the rhino/clefthoof family if not their own.

Pterrordax (the skyscreamers in particular) would be fantastic pets as well! I love the skyscreamer models so much and I miss seeing them now that we're not spending much time on Pandaria anymore. I especially enjoyed getting them as a Dire Beast. <3

(Sandreavers and Hippogryphs/Wyverns get honourable mentions even if they didn't make my votes. Sandreavers just have really awesome models that aren't seen in the world too often, and the latter feel like they'd be such good flavour pets considering they're tamed as passenger mounts throughout WoW history. AND DREAD RAVENS. God I want dread ravens. ♥)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Give me Kodos. Even if they share the Clefthoof family, it'd be fine. I've wanted to tame a Wooly Kodo forever.

I voted for Diemetradons, Kodo, Mushan, Pterordaxxes, and Stegodons. Dinosaurs are severely lacking, and the assortment of Raptors is not enough.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Pterrorwings are just the natural choice for me, they're perfect in every way. Kunchongs come right after, and Sandreavers after those.

The main problem with Sandreavers is their wonky animations. Because they use the crocolisk skeleton and their legs aren't actually animated to walk properly, sometimes they look weird. When they're running, up to four of the legs will be off the ground at any given moment.

While they can get updated (brand-new) animations, in a previous post I identified a low-effort way to fix this problem: just make their "run" animation the "fast walk".
See here: http://i.imgur.com/GjizE.gif

It looks fine to me!

And for the last two, I voted for Mushan and Shoveltusks, with Yaks as honorable mentions.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Picked Zhevras, Skyscreamers, Armadillos, Frogs, Fire Hawks
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Mine might seem a bit weird, but yeah, Beavers was one of my first wants when MoP Came out. You can even get them with the dire beast ability and they're fun. There's a couple of skins already and then the electro-beaver out from the isle. (There's only two skins for lynxes, so..)

Second (First I guess from the list) Frogs. The new frog models are pretty neat, and again you get them with the dire beast ability. They're all over the place as baddies but no taming. It'd be fun to have a big ol frog hopping along beside you and sicing it on people.

I'd love a wolverine, but the closest we have to those are Wolvar.

I'd also love a ferret/weasel/otter sort. you could even Wow um up and give um 6 legs or something.

Another I'd like to see (and you could throw these in with beavers) Would be rats. They've updated the frog model, update the rat model, give us a "Rodent" family and let us have Rodents of unusual size, to sick on people. Brown, white, black, Fel rats would be a must. Green glowy ones. you could even do corrupt rats, like we have the bears and wolves.

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Lupen202 wrote: But to be honest, all of these choices could easily work except maybe phoenixes, gyreworms and hell hounds (elementals).
Shale Spiders are basically elementals, aren't they? I always thought they should rename the family to Shale Beast and toss the gyreworms in with the shale spiders.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog