Six new mounts in 6.2.2 and beyond

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Six new mounts in 6.2.2 and beyond

Unread post by Wain »

So you've probably already seen by now, but six new mounts have appeared in the new 6.2.2 database (and I'm guessing the landing of 6.2.2 on the PTR means that 6.2.1 and flying must be going live very soon!).

Not all six are likely to appear with 6.2.2, unless that patch is delayed until the end of the year! One is a Winter Veil mount, another is the Collector's Edition mount, so we're unlikely to see either for a while.

The six are up on Warcraft Mounts. Unfortunately the moose and felstalker don't have models in the database yet, so we can't get good images. We're having to rely on the ones released by Blizzard.

In summary:

Image Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent (with which I am in love!) It's the upcoming 300 mounts (on one character) achievement reward.

Image Eclipse Dragonhawk may be purchased from a new Timewalking Vendor in Shattrath, using Timewarped Badges earned from Timewalking Dungeons. Time.

Image Ironbound Wraithcharger may be purchased from a new Timewalking Vendor in Dalaran, also using Timewarped Badges.

Image Minion of Grumpus is related to Winter Veil. I'm not sure how, yet. Maybe it'll be a new boss drop, but if so that's not mentioned. The flavour text also suggests it may be an event on Draenor, though I'm not aware of yetis being a Draenor thing. I can't help wishing they'd turned the Greench into a mount instead, but unfortunately that's the older model and isn't suitable.

Image Grove Warden, our long-awaited moose mount! It's quite pretty. It's a new Store mount.

Image Illidari Felstalker, the new Collector's Edition mount for Legion. It looks pretty cool though for the CE I would have anticipated something that was versatile and could also fly. Maybe it'll sprout demonic wings? ;).
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Six new mounts in 6.2.2 and beyond

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That's a lot of time!

All look great! Can't wait!
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

NOOOOOO!!! I only have 164 mounts so far T.T this will take awhile...
But LOVE that CE mount and looky, the lil pet beside it!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'm so excited. The yeti mount will make me feel a lot better for not sucking it up and doing the cms. I like this color more anyways. I just hope it isn't going to take me over eight years to get like the damn headless horseman :s

I couldn't help but grin when I saw the Felstalker mount. I love the new model and it'll be awesome riding that thing.

And of course... moose are always amazing.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Lupen202 wrote: I couldn't help but grin when I saw the Felstalker mount. I love the new model and it'll be awesome riding that thing.
My pink haired gnome warlock (named Chibiusa ofcourse!) will ride her demon puppy with pride and terror...FEAR ME!

Also time to hit the fabulous Warcraft Mounts to check my mount count and which ones I need for that serpent!!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

Wain wrote:Illidari Felstalker, the new Collector's Edition mount for Legion. It looks pretty cool though for the CE I would have anticipated something that was versatile and could also fly. Maybe it'll sprout demonic wings? ;).
I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't fly. When Blizz decided to postpone flying for that long in WoD a big complaint was that people who had bought the CE for the flying mount couldn't actually use that mount for most of the expansion. Which I agree was kind of messed up (I say as someone who didn't but the CE and didn't mind not flying). If Blizzard again decides to minimize flying (which is likely) then it's only fair to stick to a ground mound this time (though a mount like this that probably looks equally good on ground as it does flying - unlike a bird - would maybe work as well).

Lok'tar ogar!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Mindsprocket wrote:(though a mount like this that probably looks equally good on ground as it does flying - unlike a bird - would maybe work as well).
That's what I would have thought most likely. Like the quilen CE mount.
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

I'm a little mixed on the incoming mounts. The 300-mount reward (Lord of the Reins, ha ha!) is pretty, don't get me wrong, but it feels underwhelming for such a big achievement. The Felfire Hawk is a reskin, yes, but it's striking... no one can miss it. I guess I was hoping for either an original model or something as garish as the 250-mount reward.

Also, excited for the moose! But he looks a bit stubby... like his little stub legs won't support all that bulk and antler. Could be the angle of the promotional shot. If he really is stubby, though, he'll be great for my equally stubby dwarf.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent. So pretty.

Not the best lighting but it turned out OK.
Attachments
HeavenlyAzure1.jpg
HeavenlyAzure1.jpg (169.38 KiB) Viewed 3705 times
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

its soooo gorgeous!!! I might have to actually spend gold on some mounts to get to 300 just for that!!

21 to go!!...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Wain wrote:Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent. So pretty.

Not the best lighting but it turned out OK.
Nice looking mount but I think the 300 achievment deserve something better then another reskin. Something unique.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

s1ncer1ty wrote:
Also, excited for the moose! But he looks a bit stubby... like his little stub legs won't support all that bulk and antler. Could be the angle of the promotional shot. If he really is stubby, though, he'll be great for my equally stubby dwarf.
I now have an image of a dwarf hunter riding a stubby moose into battle. It's glorious. The horn attached to the saddle really adds to that image. It does look rather stubby. I might wait and see what it looks like running before deciding if I want it or not.

I love the CE mount. We have mounts that have a demonic look about them, but this is our first demon mount, isn't it? It's very different, I like that.

I'm glad to have a chance to get a yeti. Luckily for me I don't think I'll be quite as caught up with it as I am with the Headless Horseman mount. I don't think I could handle the disappointment for two holidays a year. :lol:
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

s1ncer1ty wrote:I'm a little mixed on the incoming mounts. The 300-mount reward (Lord of the Reins, ha ha!) is pretty, don't get me wrong, but it feels underwhelming for such a big achievement. The Felfire Hawk is a reskin, yes, but it's striking... no one can miss it. I guess I was hoping for either an original model or something as garish as the 250-mount reward.
The color of the Azure makes it pretty attention grabbing, and I do like it colorwise, but I dislike cloud serpents in general based on their movement. And there's just so many of them in the game already. So yeah I feel a little underwhelmed too.

I am glad they finally got around to making a 300 mount achieve but it always feels like they're a little behind. There's already a few players with over 340 mounts on one faction, so by this point they should've been announcing a 350 mount achievement to give people something to really strive for in the future, even if it's not currently feasible to get 350.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I wonder if they'll give the Felstalker the ability to fly, but not with wings (visible or otherwise) but rather fel flame around its feet. I haven't looked much at the current models that stand beside many NPC warlocks throughout Tanaan's content (primarily cause I only know of one open-world place; Temple of Sha'naar, and my rogue keeps getting sniffed out by Felbound Stalkers, or people are farming their bonus objective.), but by what I've seen-- I kind of want to say it's -another- hippogryph skeleton

They have... weird movement and when they charge at me, they have their necks stuck out; their leg movement in the front by my memory of my encounters very prominent and exaggerated. Could just be me, but I feel like there's going to be some fel magic effect that happens if these guys are able to take to the air, and that they will do the awkward swim other mounts with the hippogryph skeleton do (I would much rather have the horse one like the Headless Horseman's, but Blizz made horse skeletons quite stiff and rigid imho and knowing my luck, I'll start wishing for it to switch back after five minutes xD)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

ooh collectors ed? they sucked me in.. totes gona get it lol
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Chimera wrote:I wonder if they'll give the Felstalker the ability to fly, but not with wings (visible or otherwise) but rather fel flame around its feet. I haven't looked much at the current models that stand beside many NPC warlocks throughout Tanaan's content (primarily cause I only know of one open-world place; Temple of Sha'naar, and my rogue keeps getting sniffed out by Felbound Stalkers, or people are farming their bonus objective.), but by what I've seen-- I kind of want to say it's -another- hippogryph skeleton
It uses the wolf skeleton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl-l3qEwc9E

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Lupen202 wrote:
Chimera wrote:I wonder if they'll give the Felstalker the ability to fly, but not with wings (visible or otherwise) but rather fel flame around its feet. I haven't looked much at the current models that stand beside many NPC warlocks throughout Tanaan's content (primarily cause I only know of one open-world place; Temple of Sha'naar, and my rogue keeps getting sniffed out by Felbound Stalkers, or people are farming their bonus objective.), but by what I've seen-- I kind of want to say it's -another- hippogryph skeleton

It doesn't look too bad overall. Tho I don't have much love for that running animation. It's why I pretty much never use a wolf mount of any kind, as much as I love the overall looks of them.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I actually like the loping run for the Felstalker. I don't know, I just feel it fits them pretty well, and it doesn't seem like they have a lot of the issues that the old wolves with the same skeleton have.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Lupen202 wrote:

Oooooohhhh I could barely tell in-game xD The long skull and skinny/small bodies really threw me off and I couldn't tell exactly what sort of skeleton they used until this new Felstalker mount came to light
Lupen202 wrote:I actually like the loping run for the Felstalker. I don't know, I just feel it fits them pretty well, and it doesn't seem like they have a lot of the issues that the old wolves with the same skeleton have.
I personally love worg mount skeletons overall, I find the animation on the screen quite pleasing (unlike the protodrake one which pretty much ruins my desire to ride my Dread/Fel Raven's in Draenor and soon the Broken Isles ;--;) so a rideable version of the Felstalker, flying or otherwise will be peeeeerrfect <3 I need a demon mount that's land-friendly for my Warlock and the Demon Hunter I plan to make since the Fel Raven is my only alternative (besides applicable class mounts) .-----.

If I could get my damned hands on the book that makes Warlock's fire green, I might like my Dreadsteed better-- but ugh he's only lvl 91, and I missed all the content from ToT onwards. Iit's been very unappealing to try and figure things out on my own on the thundery-mogu island w/e and dino-land where I fight for my life and then some to slay one beast xP

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Eh the Heavenly Azure beats every reward for mount count, so it's kinda hard to complain about it, i'd be happier with a fel gronling or a Skyscreamer recolor, at least it wasn't another dragonhawk.

Love the moose mount and CE one, hopefully the fel wing that will sprout from it looks better then all spectral wings they keep recoloring for store mounts.

I'd be more hyped about the yeti if the saddle on it's back didn't look so bad compared to the bone seat on the gronling, everything that shrinks my toon on top of a mount feels very very lame, and it's something that started in WoD to shrink flying mounts to better fit the no flying situation.