Legion - random ideas thread

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Re: Legion - random ideas thread

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Lupen202 wrote:Also, it'd be cool if there was a Beast mastery only glyph that worked similar to the glyph or lesser proportions - only instead it's a glyph of greater proportions. Seeing as beast masters are able to tame the largest and most powerful beasts, I think it'd be fitting that they'd be able to have (slightly) larger pets. Just a fun cosmetic option. :)
That really sounds cool but what I've understood from the legion panel, the glyph system will be overhauled completely.
Only lesser glyphs will survive and the will be attached to skills, not the char any more.

Hmmmm.... Maybe as a glyph altering "Summon Pet"?
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I'm not sure exactly what glyphs (minor and major seem like redundant titles when you just have one set of glyphs) will do to characters in the way of altering abilities. I think glyphs should alter visuals or other non-ability related things and leave talent points to alter what your abilities can do or how they do them.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Since MM would be losing their pet in Legion and getting Lonewolf as their core skill, I would like to suggest a new form of 'Versatility' talent for MM

Versatility;

Marksmanship
Master of the Pack; Lone wolf damage buff persist even when the pet is active.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Two more wishes for the ideas thread.

The first is really simple:
Please, finally, change Aspect of the Pack so it doesn't daze the entire raid and hold them to ransom because of a malicious or forgetful hunter! It's funny they changed the personal aspect to simply break but left the daze on the one that can cause so much grief to others.

The second I have mentioned before:
Change NPC classification to a bit field so that multiple classes can be given to the same NPC. Like a gronn would be giant & humanoid, while a great big rock guy would be giant & elemental. A shale spider could be beast & elemental, while a ghostly spider would be beast & undead and a banshee would be humanoid & undead. It would allow much better treatment of certain NPCs by player powers. It may be too much work, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I like that idea a lot. That way you can also differentiate between pure elemental beings or just elemental creatures, or undead aberrations from cosmic void monstrosities!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:Two more wishes for the ideas thread.

The first is really simple:
Pleas, finally, change Aspect of the Pack so it doesn't daze the entire raid and hold them to ransom because of a malicious or forgetful hunter! It's funny they changed the personal aspect to simply break but left the daze on the one that can cause so much grief to others.

The second I have mentioned before:
Change NPC classification to a bit field so that multiple classes can be given to the same NPC. Like a gronn would be giant & humanoid, while a great big rock guy would be giant & elemental. A shale spider could be beast & elemental, while a ghostly spider would be beast & undead and a banshee would be humanoid & undead. It would allow much better treatment of certain NPCs by player powers. It may be too much work, though.
I brought up the same idea too, but turns out a lot of petopians weren't fans of it. I got shot down pretty quick.

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 3&p=389523
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Bristlenose wrote:I'm still iterating on this trying to find a good balance of practicality versus abusability.

A new exotic ability exclusive to Beast Mastery that allows your pet to resurrect you if you die much like the Shaman's self-resurrection. Call it "Undying Loyalty" for example since it ties into the close bond Beast Mastery hunters have with their pets. 20 minute cooldown, restores 33% health and maybe shares a cooldown/limitation with the battle rez from Quilen or other similar resurrections. That way it won't be so prone to abuse but also won't be entirely useless in raids and could free up a battle rez during boss fights. It is pinching a bit from Shaman but theirs is more powerful and not reliant on a pet to bring them back.

Probably won't happen but I think it fits good with Beast Mastery's devotion theme.
Perhaps stretching the possibilities even further... maybe not a self b-rez, but perhaps something similar to the "Raise Ally" that death knights of old had? If no one remembers or wasn't around, DKs that used Raise Ally on a dead player would actually bring them back as a ghoul that had a small set of limited abilities at its disposal, including a self-detonation. You could make it so that when a BM hunter dies, the pet remains... and the hunter gains control of it. With the hunter dead, the pet wouldn't have access to, say, kill command, so it wouldn't be fantastically OP, but a buff/effect could be added to make it more vulnerable to AoE so that it isn't completely immune to certain raid-wide damage, and perhaps increase its damage done by 20%. They could bring back Eyes of the Beast for fun and to also act as a way to set up the pet's action bar for when this occurs, so that you aren't stuck with the tiny, limited bar that pets have these days. The pet could despawn as usual if it gets too far from the hunter or maybe after a certain time limit if it isn't killed (a time limit that could be ended early).

It's really wishful thinking, considering how weird it could be to program for something like questing.

I'd really enjoy a survival hunter-exclusive ability to transmog their melee weapon into a ranged weapon (so many of my troll's guns have bayonets and other nasty bits on them - and not a melee ability for miles around). There's already goofy and absurd transmogs that people can pull, why not let hunters stab things with unnecessarily sharp bows or actually use the bayonets on their guns?

An edit: maybe not live on through the pet, but still keep it around and just give simple "attack this" commands to its AI for a short time after you die. I never really liked the idea of a pet/minion just DISAPPEARING when the summoner/master dies. For some, like warlocks, it makes a bit of sense for the demon to get banished back immediately but it'd still be a nice little touch if any pet-reliant class could have their pet go on for a small time after they die. Holy priests can turn into a spirit healer after death, so why not give a pet class (or several) something similar?

Another edit, by God my head is bursting with so many "gimme-gimme-I-wants," I don't want to be spammy: Guild Wars 2 had/has (haven't played in a while and I never got far anyway) pets that were mostly/entirely ranged, like poison-spitting spiders. Could some hunter pets in WoW be changed to being ranged attackers? Basilisks could shoot their cool spine things hydralisk-style, rylaks could spit flame and/or poison, wind serpents could get their old lightning breath back... the possibilities!

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Wain wrote:Pleas, finally, change Aspect of the Pack so it doesn't daze the entire raid and hold them to ransom because of a malicious or forgetful hunter! It's funny they changed the personal aspect to simply break but left the daze on the one that can cause so much grief to others.
I totally agree. Instead of dazing the raid member, the hunter should be stunned. I'm tired of begging other hunters to not be oblivious.

Another idea for BM (maybe) and demonology (definitely):
Some way to force a despawn of summoned minions (wild imps, dire beasts). Wild imps make it nigh impossible to drop combat effectively or invis through an area. I'm afraid dire beasts will screw up death feigns and camo. "Dismiss dire beasts" should be usable when feigning death.
I read that the dire beast tables were updated for zones/dungeons, instead of being continent-wide. I'm pretty happy about that (I know that's not a random suggestion).

edit:
Fix otters and beaver's rig so they don't doggy paddle. And actually, if the "otter" model was given a running animation like a bounding mink (I expect actual otters don't run quite like that), otter would be a good alternative for travelform. A druid could swim and run around without it auto shifting. Especially fitting since the name "otter" comes from a shapeshifter in Norse mythology (Ótr). I mean, I apreciate the artists' efforts to update aquatic form, but its just a heinous monster to start with.
Oh, and then make otters tameable. After reading Shaman I can't not think of otters as vicious, destructive beasts.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote: Please, finally, change Aspect of the Pack so it doesn't daze the entire raid and hold them to ransom because of a malicious or forgetful hunter! It's funny they changed the personal aspect to simply break but left the daze on the one that can cause so much grief to others.
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status ... 7244456960

"Aspect of the Pack will no longer bother you in Legion..."

The worrying part is that the wording could mean that it's removed entirely. Or it may not. Hmmm..
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Suggestion; All of Hunter's starting pets are spells like DK's ghoul or Warlock's demons, but they are different type of beast depending on your hunter's race and the pet is unique, and also cannot be dismissed or stabled as they don't take any of the pet slots, however other rules like feeding, healing, ress still applies to these pets.

For example

Gnomes gets a unique skin mecha pet.

That is all lol
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

pop wrote:Suggestion; All of Hunter's starting pets are spells like DK's ghoul or Warlock's demons, but they are different type of beast depending on your hunter's race and the pet is unique, and also cannot be dismissed or stabled as they don't take any of the pet slots, however other rules like feeding, healing, ress still applies to these pets.

For example

That is all lol
I think this would be appropriate, but I think the cat is already out of the bag. If they'd started with those skeleton hawks for Forsaken hunters, it would have been ideal.
Oona

Unread post by Oona »

The new top talent for BM:
"Supremacy: You now can simultaneously control two beast as active pets. However,when one of the pet is killed the other will perish as well." I can dream,right?
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Xota wrote:
pop wrote:Suggestion; All of Hunter's starting pets are spells like DK's ghoul or Warlock's demons, but they are different type of beast depending on your hunter's race and the pet is unique, and also cannot be dismissed or stabled as they don't take any of the pet slots, however other rules like feeding, healing, ress still applies to these pets.

For example

That is all lol
I think this would be appropriate, but I think the cat is already out of the bag. If they'd started with those skeleton hawks for Forsaken hunters, it would have been ideal.
Yup, or maybe since the Forsaken are apothecary, maybe an ooze pet?

and typo on my original idea; cannot be released not cannot be dismissed
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

To be honest, I think ooze pets are stretching it. Mechanical pets, if they were ever implemented, could be "tamed" by the way of assuming they are autonomous and/or knowing the input code to make the creature loyal. They're robots set to a basic AI mode. Oozes, on the other hand, are just animated piles of slop. That's pretty far from off from every other hunter pet.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

A few ideas of my own.

Mech Pets from Engineering;
1. place object on the ground
2. Animation of you working
3. Robotic animal stands there, no animation, level 1. Can be a random mech.
4. Tame Beast, hearts replaced with a gear symbol spinning and you arcing lightning at the target
5. Beast comes alive, becomes your pet.

New Spirit Beast from Enchanting;
1. Craft a trinket that summons a spectral guardian
2. 1% chance on summon for it to be hostile to you and tameable

Battle Pets from Pet Battles;
1. Raise 500 pets to level 25, and Rare quality
2. Stormwind/Orgrimmar pet trainer asks you to come to them
3. Scenario where you use a team of 3 to defeat randomized enemies (Spiders using Dragon moves, Imps using holy attacks, etc)
4. Win, and you unlock an ability to use your current battle pet, scaled up to pet size, as a hunter pet

Fossil Pets from Archaeology;
1. Reach 800 Archaeology
2. Meet Harrison Jones
3. Scenario where you go underground in Un'goro
4. Fight off crazy skeletal beasts, ending in a Marrowgar-styled fight
5. Hunter only; veer off the original path, meet a giant skeletal raptor stuck in the ground
6. Fight off skeletons as Harrison unearths the trapped giant
7. The giant then bestows a buff to you account-wide
8. Skeletal Raptors and Wind Serpents, despite being undead, will now be tameable with Tame Beast
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

My idea isn't crazy or anything, just a small quality of life fix.

It would be helpful if it were possible to view the buffs and special abilities a pet gives when looking at it in the Stable. I can already view what kind of food the pets require, even though feeding your pet isn't necessary anymore. It's just a little inconvenient to have to tab out of the game to look up which pet families provide the buffs and abilities I need when choosing my pet lineup.

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Calomel wrote:My idea isn't crazy or anything, just a small quality of life fix.

It would be helpful if it were possible to view the buffs and special abilities a pet gives when looking at it in the Stable. I can already view what kind of food the pets require, even though feeding your pet isn't necessary anymore. It's just a little inconvenient to have to tab out of the game to look up which pet families provide the buffs and abilities I need when choosing my pet lineup.
You know that's a really excellent idea and I wholeheartedly agree. Most of the important ones I have memorized because of frequent use, but there's still some more obscure families that I go to pull out and realize I can't remember what they give at all. :lol: And you're right, the diets are a bit obsolete at this point and seem more of a remnant of the past than actual useful information. That spot could be far better used to show buffs.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vephriel wrote:
Calomel wrote:My idea isn't crazy or anything, just a small quality of life fix.

You know that's a really excellent idea and I wholeheartedly agree. Most of the important ones I have memorized because of frequent use, but there's still some more obscure families that I go to pull out and realize I can't remember what they give at all. :lol: And you're right, the diets are a bit obsolete at this point and seem more of a remnant of the past than actual useful information. That spot could be far better used to show buffs.
Yes please! This is exactly why I wandered in the other day. I couldn't find the WoD buffs that went with each pet.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Great idea!

I want beast lore to be a passive skill.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/stablehelper/
^
That addon does exactly what you are asking for! :D But an actual ingame version that doesn't require to use an addon would be muchly appreciated.

My suggestion for legion is to some how bake glyph of mending and glyph of misdirection into their abilities proper.