Hunter Talents and Spell Changes

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Hunter Talents and Spell Changes

Unread post by Shade »

So I have a few questions about the BM talents/spells and such that I am seeing and nobody seems to have mentioned them just yet.
Dire Beast Summons a powerful wild beast to attack your target for 15 8 sec. Each time the beast deals damage, you will gain 2 Focus. Hunter - LvL 60 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown. 4 Focus. Summoning a beast reduces the remaining cooldown of Bestial Wrath by 15 sec. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec. 40 yd range. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.

Wild Call (New): Your critical strikes have a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Dire Beast. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.
Is Dire Beast now something that we can cast multiple times and have multiple beasts out at once?
Stampede (New) Summon forth a herd of stampeding animals from the wilds around you that deal damage to your enemies. Hunter - LvL 100 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 3 min cooldown.
WE NO LONGER GET TO CALL FIVE OF OUR OWN PETS AT ONCE?! This is really really sad to me, Stampede was always a favorite just to see what random pets people had that they were not using. Dire beast, as it was when I last used it, always seemed buggy and annoying with the different weird things it would summon from the wild-I rather enjoyed seeing my own pets as 'extras' when using stampede because while I wasn't using them right at that moment, I did have them with me and could see them briefly when using the spell.
Volley (New) Continuously fire a volley of ammo at the target area, causing [*50 + 14.3% of Spell Power*] Arcane damage to enemy targets within 8 yards every second for 6 sec. Hunter - LvL 90 Talent. 80 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant.
Is this.... the aoe 'rain hell on them' shower of arrows from way back when? I cannot control my excietment if this is what I think it is... I mean Barrage has been a fun and sometimes challenging spell to use-I've had to learn to be really careful in how I place myself in raids and such when using this ability (and even then it sometimes acts with a mind of its own). I will be thrilled to see a return of our old target this area for AOE spell again over barrage-so I can actually be certain about what I am going to hit without pulling some random mob that looks far enough away to not be hit but somehow gets hit by barrage anyway.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

For what I know. First one yes, second no clue, and for third yes it's just like the old volley.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yeah, that change to stampede is really disappointing. :/ That's one of my favorite parts of the ability, getting to see your inactive (but still with you!) pets.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Hopefully there will be a minor glyph that returns it to the old appearance.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

That's actually one of the things I dislike about Dire Beast: how it will summon various local beasts from the zone you're in. If quite often summons animals that I would never dream of using because they are too large or take up too much screen rel-estate.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Aspect of the Cheetah Increases your movement speed by 90% for 3 sec, and then for 30% for another 9 sec. Instant. 60 sec cooldown. 3 min cooldown.
"Gutting" seems underwhelming here. More like "violently disemboweling, and then arranging the intestines to form a giant middle finger."

:shock:
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I was already worried about the new "Version" of AotC.... but loosing our perma 30% for 3 seconds at 90% and 30% for 9 seconds every 3 min!.... wowzers. :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

I hate how they are still calling them Aspects...

Aspects were our stances, modes we went into depending on the situation.

These new 'aspects' are all just very short term buffs
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Looks like Hunters' Mark is back (since there's glyphs that modify it). So much for it being 'a skill that didn't add valuable gameplay'.

Also, the BWrath glyph now adds 20% damage to 'all your summoned dire beasts' while BW is active. Which... implies that in long fights you may be legitimately burying your target in extra beasts. Not entirely sure if want.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Glyph of Arachnophobia Use: Your Dire Beast ability calls on spiders more often. Why? Because everyone is afraid of spiders. So different kinds of spiders or just one we see pop out a bunch?
Glyph of Nesingwary's Nemesis' Use: Your Dire Beast ability often calls for beasts victimized by the famed hunter. So Nagrand and SB beats? :mrgreen:

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yeah, the new stampede is just an aoe spell now.. kinda like other "rush" attack spells in the game, similar to what you see on some pet battles.

I would suspect this is to cut down on the clutter in melee.

Frankly, I'm hoping stampede is nuked enough that the other talent choices in that row are better. I hate 5 min CDs.. it's a waste of a talent many times.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Nachtwulf wrote:Looks like Hunters' Mark is back (since there's glyphs that modify it). So much for it being 'a skill that didn't add valuable gameplay'.

Also, the BWrath glyph now adds 20% damage to 'all your summoned dire beasts' while BW is active. Which... implies that in long fights you may be legitimately burying your target in extra beasts. Not entirely sure if want.

It's not a glyph:

Item - Hunter T19 Beast Mastery 4P Bonus (New) When you use Bestial Wrath, all of your currently summoned Dire Beasts gain 20% increased damage for 10 sec. :mrgreen:

Slickrock

and hope the new volley stays..
Tily
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Tily »

Wow, the change to Stampede hurts. I really hope they reconsider this, or at least allow you to glyph it so they are beasts from your stable.

Hati seems buggy as hell right now too. Still keeping fingers crossed for Blizz acknowledging how grumpy people are about it and changing it to being able to summon a beast from your own stable.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

They could make a lore friendly-ish glyph like:

Glyph of Changing Storms-Hati transforms herself into someone more familiar (aka one of your slotted pets). Just a thought tho :mrgreen:

Slickrock

Actually, with the way the new Stampede works, it's probably not worth it trying to change the look. What would be more worth it is changing the look of the Dire Beasts.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Stampede is....interesting. About 3 min in.

https://youtu.be/IjFj1hsVRUU :mrgreen:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Rawr wrote:Stampede is....interesting. About 3 min in.

https://youtu.be/IjFj1hsVRUU :mrgreen:
I... uh.. hmm... guess we'll get to the butts of random beasts every 3 minutes now :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Well, looks like it's time to start collecting Tomes of the Clear Mind.

With Stampede like that it will NOT be my first choice talent.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Slickrock

Should note here that Stampede is BM only, and also a 3 minute CD now.

So the question is, how does it compare DPS wise to the other 2 talents? No way to know that yet, but the other two in that tier both sound like they could be viable.

And I would assume this change is being made to reduce the clutter in melee, esp with all our Dire Beasts that are going to be running around.