Legion Artifact Talent Calculator

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Re: Legion Artifact Talent Calculator

Unread post by Golden »

Guardian of the Titanspark (Rank 1) - When you use Call Pet, a permanent companion is summoned to fight for you.
I'm slightly confused. Does it summon a second pet in addition to your usual one? Because if this permanent companion is the pet that you call, that's a really weird way to say it. Not to mention that it's exactly what the skill has always done. :P

And if it indeed gives us a second pet, will it be completely random or something out of our stables/active pets?

I sure hope that since we seem to be having multiple pets following us around most of the time, the way followers/pets arrange around us gets tweaked a bit. It bothers me so much when you have two things following you and one of them is directly behind you.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

SO... I was flipping through this and looking at the different artifacts for each of my toons (Hunter, Mage, Druid, Monk, Warlock, Rogue, Shaman, Priest) and I just got to the frost mage artifact.

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#jBAAAAAAA

Look at the ability right above the starting one (outlined in a thick gold circle).

I am laughing so hard right now I am crying and my dogs are freaking out. O_o

And And!

Shadow Priest has a 'To the Pain' ability (Big quote from The Princess Bride).

Oh Blizzard just when I hate you for this ugly BM gun, you go and do things like these.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

:lol: Guardian druids have skill called "right to bear arms". Good one Blizz.

Well seeing some of these is a good thing, cause seems some of the classes solo skills are being attached to the weapons.
Oona

Unread post by Oona »

Well,no one can't say that Blizzard's development dpt lacks a sense of humor.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Golden wrote:
Guardian of the Titanspark (Rank 1) - When you use Call Pet, a permanent companion is summoned to fight for you.
I'm slightly confused. Does it summon a second pet in addition to your usual one? Because if this permanent companion is the pet that you call, that's a really weird way to say it. Not to mention that it's exactly what the skill has always done. :P

And if it indeed gives us a second pet, will it be completely random or something out of our stables/active pets?

I sure hope that since we seem to be having multiple pets following us around most of the time, the way followers/pets arrange around us gets tweaked a bit. It bothers me so much when you have two things following you and one of them is directly behind you.

This is what I'm wondering too, if you look throughout the calculator, there's a lot of hints that Beastmastery Hunter's are going to have a pet and a random assortment of "companions" at any time. Dire Beast was already being reworked to be our focus-regen iirc, so it looks like there's a lot of extension on that idea.
Initial Trait:

Major Traits:
Master of Beasts (Rank 1) - While Bestial Wrath is active, you summon a random Exotic Beast to fight by your side every 5 sec for 0 sec.

Minor Traits:
Pack Leader (Rank 3) - Your pet deals 20% additional damage with Kill Command for each additional beast you have active.
Unleash the Hounds (Rank 1) - Dire Beast has a 0% chance to summon an additional beast.
Call of the Wild (Rank 1) - When Wild Call resets the cooldown of your Dire Beast, the duration of all active Dire Beasts is increased to 8 sec.
Strength of the Pack (Rank 1) - Each active pet increases the damage of your other pets by 0%.

I omitted some, but I wanted to show how many of the traits actually hint that there's going to be a lot going on with us having more than just our main pet out there fighting. And it's going to be a pretty major thing to our combat. Of course the 0% things will be an actual number and of course a lot may change between here and launch but... the way its looking? I'm super excited to just see an actual stampede of beasts lol

Rest of the info/calculator/traits can be seen here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/532 ... ers-Tweets

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

It looks like BM early on will be able to boost their mend pet to 13% better with default options and 20% better with runes. That's not quite the 25% better and twice as fast we currently enjoy, but it's a lot better than baseline. I wonder if the damage reduction talent most everyone seems to have, will apply to pet classes too? So lock pets take less damage, DKs, frostmages, various shammies, us...
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I don't get how that thing works.

Do you pick from anywhere you want? Do you have to start at one end and work your way to the other?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

The one with the plain gold circle around it is our 'start points', but the calculator isn't perfected yet and will often start you on a dragon-circled one instead.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Sukurachi-start by picking the talent outlined in the big thick gold line, that is the starting talent. From there you chose which path you wish to follow from the looks of things. If I recall correctly, you will eventually unlock all of them, it is just a matter of which ones you take when.

My concern is that we are getting all of these cool abilities tied to the weapon.... What happens next expansion when we replace this weapon with a green 111 item equipable at 111 or such? Do we get the abilities baseline or lose them or what?
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I'm kinda wondering if that first talent means the gun will give us some sort of interesting pet that fights along with our regular pet. Like a spiritbeast of some sort.
Selukon
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Selukon »

It'll be great watching melee try to see anything under the huge amount of pets bm hunters will be spawning
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

On the MM tree there is a trait called: Mark of the windrunner.The description "Hunter's Mark can now apply to one additional target".
http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=204219/ ... windrunner

So hunter mark is coming back? :)
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Shade wrote:My concern is that we are getting all of these cool abilities tied to the weapon.... What happens next expansion when we replace this weapon with a green 111 item equipable at 111 or such? Do we get the abilities baseline or lose them or what?
That's a really valid point, hopefully one that the devs will address soon.

Also the awkward moment when your weapon has cooler talents than you do... :P
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

I expect going into whatever the next xpac is, we'll get our talents rehauled... again!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Personally, I don't particularly like having to relearn my class at every expansion.
The changes with this expack are pretty major. If they have to compensate for the bizarre mechanics they installed with artifact weapons a year after inaugurating them, it will more than likely mean re-re-learning how to play hunter, again.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Bangeall wrote:
Shade wrote:My concern is that we are getting all of these cool abilities tied to the weapon.... What happens next expansion when we replace this weapon with a green 111 item equipable at 111 or such? Do we get the abilities baseline or lose them or what?
That's a really valid point, hopefully one that the devs will address soon.

Also the awkward moment when your weapon has cooler talents than you do... :P

I feel like they pretty much addressed it at Blizzcon. They stated something akin to basically "whatever new big-stuff the expansion brings, we leave it with that expansion so that we can do something completely new in the next expansion." They were addressing concerns about the garrison "going forward into Legion". And they basically said the garrison will be left behind and nothing will come with it come Legion. So I kinda expect the same treatment for Artifact Weapons. Once Legion is old news and there's a new expansion on the horizon, all this artifact stuff will be left behind.

We'll very likely see these cool "traits" left behind. Maybe some will be incorporated in to the spec's permanent design or maybe into a different new system altogether. Maybe overhaul the Glyph system again lol

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Golden wrote:

Somewhere in the datamining, someone here on Petopia found mention of a wolf/spirit beast named Hati (Skoll's brother in mythology). Skoll was all about the lightning, and Hati seems to be following suit. Perhaps our weapon questline revolves around Hati, and maybe he's the "Guardian of the Titanspark?"

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Many of the Draenor leveling perks are being baked into classes' existing spells with the Legion overhauls. I would assume that the most popular or successful artifact traits would similarly be worked into the base spec or talent choices in the expansion after Legion.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

A cursory reading of the BM artifact talents gives me the impression we are going to have an absolute swarm of beasts. Even if its balanced down to just a couple, that would be cool, and in line with the fantasy. Dar used multiple beasts after all.