Mounts in Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Mounts in Legion

Unread post by Wain »

That wyvern would be a great replacement :) I'm not fond of everything having to have holes in its wings these days. It's nonsensical. But it is consistent with the rest of their current art style :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote:
I'd really like to see a less grand version of these, a version more true to the original, like they have done with the Kodos.
Remove the Horns, Shorten the Giant Teeth, Orange eyes, Trimmed Beard, Return of the Leopard Spots, etc.
Yes me too! Although I am fond of the original for nostalgia sake....I'm one of those crazy people who liked the original druid cat forms too (kinda wish we could glyph them back but ah well)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I do hope the spider model replaces the current garden variety ones.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Looks like the New build has some Infernal Mounts too.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh it is there! I I didn't see the model listed. I'll go looking again.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Is the fish mount testable? I saw a video on wowhead, and it looked like you could jump above the water and it wouldn't dismount you. It only showed the mount at the surface, and it was hard to gauge the speed. I'm curious what it's speed underwater and also at the surface.

Also, I expected the fel bats to carry you in their claws for some reason, not on their backs.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Xota wrote:Also, I expected the fel bats to carry you in their claws for some reason, not on their backs.
Yeah I'm still quietly waiting on a mount that you ride below/get carried in a different way too, just for something different.

I remember wondering how the sky claw was goin to work, 1/2 excited and slightly worried it may look terrible. But I still kind of want a mount that carries/is above you, rather than you ride/on the back of. The closest we have are a few engineering type mounts (Mech-Suits/Gyrocopters) which are neat, but the idea of an organic mount that carries you I think could be a neat change. :D

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The fox mount finally has its own special (it originally howled like a wolf but it never opened its mouth!).

The new one is unique for a mount, and cool, but if you suffer from motion sickness you may feel a little woozy ;)

Attachments
foxmountclip.gif
foxmountclip.gif (483.52 KiB) Viewed 3549 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

In other news, the rat still has no tail. I'm starting to wonder if it's just that WMV is displaying the new model wrong. Has anyone seen it displayed with a tail on any other site?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

This is labeled as "mount" at the top is a seat and chain.
Image :mrgreen:

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I like the fox's special animation! It reminds me a bit of the Aspect mount.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'd like to see a 'jet-assisted glider' mount. Like... some kind of engineering-based ultralight that looked kind of like the goblin gliders we have. Only it's not burned with charges, and has, like... the jets on the armored rylak.

(It'd be hilarious if you ran along the ground with it over your head when not in flight...)

The main stopping point, though, is that they'd have to design some animations for it that aren't already in use, and historically they've proven really loathe to do that. Still... I want one.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I think that infernal mount should be a warlock class mount, and we should ask blizz to do other class mounts. I'm tired of all these new mounts that everyone is on. Let's get some diversity again..
Account has been closed at user's request.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Slickrock wrote:I think that infernal mount should be a warlock class mount, and we should ask blizz to do other class mounts. I'm tired of all these new mounts that everyone is on. Let's get some diversity again..
I love this idea, but if they did this, they would then need to make most other classes three new class mounts to balance it out. It's only fair as warlocks already have 2 class mounts ;)

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Slickrock wrote:I think that infernal mount should be a warlock class mount, and we should ask blizz to do other class mounts. I'm tired of all these new mounts that everyone is on. Let's get some diversity again..
I love this idea, but if they did this, they would then need to make most other classes three new class mounts to balance it out. It's only fair as warlocks already have 2 class mounts ;)
I'd love this too. It'd take a lot of work to get every class some unique mounts, but if they had the time it'd look great.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Wain wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:
I'd love this too. It'd take a lot of work to get every class some unique mounts, but if they had the time it'd look great.
Oh yeah, each class should get one.. and considering how many they add in an expac, it's not that much more work.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well, except every class would want something 100% unique. And basically, MOST of the new mounts in an expac are basically all the same. I mean... jeez, how many helboars WERE there in WoD?

I think people would get pretty cheesed if they got the same thing as someone else, just with a slightly different skin on it.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Nachtwulf wrote:I mean... jeez, how many helboars WERE there in WoD?
12 I think in the end :lol:

I didn't mind the amount (There are 18 Raptors available in game for Horde) just they fact that they were scatter all over with little relation to one another, and all released within the same expansion made them feel a little like "Oh... ANOTHER boar :? "

That said, that has been brought up quite a few times now with the Blues and they have also acknowledge it, so maybe they have them a little more condensed into just a couple of vendors for similar type mounts in Legion. Sometimes they like to try new things and they work, sometimes... not so much :D

­
­
­
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah. Skins take much less time to create than modeling (and modeling takes less time than rigging). So they'll do a couple of frameworks per-expac and then just put fifteen skins on them to make fifteen new mounts. They can probably hedge rigging for a class mount (since both lock and pally mounts are based on extant models (horse/elekk). But it'll need a whole new sculpted model for each one, because you know if like... shamans get a recolored boar or something, they're gonna scream...

I just think that 'a mount for every class' is one of those things Bliz would probably kinda like to do but is so low on the list compared to OMFG RAID TIIIERRRR and such that it's always gonna be one of the first things to hit the cutting floor when time starts to crunch.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Wain wrote:The fox mount finally has its own special (it originally howled like a wolf but it never opened its mouth!).

The new one is unique for a mount, and cool, but if you suffer from motion sickness you may feel a little woozy ;)

I want this mount sooooooo much!!!!! I really hope its not one of those ridiculous drop rate mounts T.T

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?