Hunter Talents and Spell Changes

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Hunter Talents and Spell Changes

Unread post by Xota »

My guess the change in stampede is, in part, to address the lag issues people were having.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Xota wrote:My guess the change in stampede is, in part, to address the lag issues people were having.
Esp with our increase in Dire Beast count.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Man, that new Stampede looks awful. And now there's no more way to be able to run around with all our pets?

Not to be the "woe-is-me" whiner like so many others, but I really feel less and less desire to play BM (or even a hunter at all) come Legion.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

it just looks like the cheesy battlepet stampede effect.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Slickrock

Sukurachi wrote:it just looks like the cheesy battlepet stampede effect.
yep.

So sometime before Legion.. go out with your favorite collections of pets.. and do those screenshots with the whole team..
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

The change to stampede is super unappealing. I loved getting to see my five pets all rush out to attack.

I keep waiting to see something that makes BM sound like it'll be fun in Legion and so far, every new reveal has had the exact opposite effect. At this rate I'm just glad I've been leveling my alts. The new pet models made me rethink shelving my hunter but ugh. At this rate, I'm just not feelin' it.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Does this new stampede use models from the stable? Or just random?
Slickrock

Well, looking at the actual talents on that row, I'll never be taking Stampede as a talent anyway. The other two talents on that row are passives, which are more reliable, and you don't have another 3 min CD to remember. Stampede would have to be extremely strong compared to the other two to take it.

http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/h ... st-mastery

Aspect of the Beast would probably be the leveling/soloing talent, and Killer Cobra would be the raiding talent (again, unless the tuning is such that Stampede is way superior).
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Posted by Celestalon

"Posted by Jaecelynn
Entirely too much focus on Random Beasts, not enough on our actual pets"

Since Beast Mastery has been unlocked, this has been the strongest point of feedback, and we've heard you, loud and clear.

Coming soon will be a glyph that makes Dire Beast summon your stabled pets, instead of random area-themed beasts. We're also considering a talent that replaces Dire Beast with a new shot, and are interested in feedback and ideas on that concept.

Thanks!

Good start :mrgreen:

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Yeah the glyph is pretty cool. I received a lot of good feedback from other Hunters with my post yesterday, and Blizz responded on Twitter too. They are listening! 8-)
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

You also reach another crew/audience with your site which is good, and to read the comments from them that also echo'ed many of ours here was great to see. Even better that they acknowledged they are looking at our feedback from both sources now is encouraging.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Glad to see Volley is back.
But Stampede. Ugh. I do love that it would be able to be glyphed to use our own pets but the actual animation /action I do not like. So if I use my hunters in legion and IF they stay BM I'll be going with Aspect of the Beast.
But Hati. :| I just. Yeah. No. This of anything is a real bother for me. Watching that whole video made me cringe. Not just cause his archaic model but he's (that's right Hati is truly a he to me) just constantly there. Even when not attacking. Just there. Wheezing at your back. Staring. I'm really trying to wrap my brain around his constantly being there but .................. nope. I do really like the options Bendak provided and LOVE that Blizzard is listening to us. I could probably deal with Hati IF he weren't a NR worg. I shall continue to try and accept him. But so so so many cons out weigh the pros.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Equeon wrote:Man, that new Stampede looks awful. And now there's no more way to be able to run around with all our pets?

Not to be the "woe-is-me" whiner like so many others, but I really feel less and less desire to play BM (or even a hunter at all) come Legion.
I find myself agreeing with this. It really does seem like the fun is being stripped out of BM. That, and our artifact , create an overall lacklustre impression. I particularly dislike the change to stampede: for me it was one of our coolest abilities, seeing a group of our pets running by your side. It's great that they're listening and I know it's only alpha, but I really hope they at least change this.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Well, I must say I feel a lot better considering the Dire Beast -> stabled pet glyph has been confirmed, and many new tamables have been revealed. But I'll still be really disappointed that my absolute favorite hunter spell (and lets be honest, we don't have that many visually interesting abilities compared to other classes) has been ruined.

I mean, how else will I be able to recreate the classic Jurassic World scene?

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Rawr wrote:Posted by Celestalon

"Posted by Jaecelynn
Entirely too much focus on Random Beasts, not enough on our actual pets"

Since Beast Mastery has been unlocked, this has been the strongest point of feedback, and we've heard you, loud and clear.

Coming soon will be a glyph that makes Dire Beast summon your stabled pets, instead of random area-themed beasts. We're also considering a talent that replaces Dire Beast with a new shot, and are interested in feedback and ideas on that concept.

Thanks!

Good start :mrgreen:

Personally, just the glyph alone would be enough for me. I'd rather hate to have a "Dire Shot"; I picked beastmastery for the pets. and if I have this new glyph, I'll be using a core ability to summon my other pets... that just sounds awesome. I don't really want to see another shot. But that's just my opinion, lol

But I will join many of the others in saying the new Stampede looks awful; I just don't like that whole way it's presented. :(

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

It could just be that they're trying to make it actually stampede-like. I mean, a stampede is 'being run over by a bunch of animals'. What Stampede the Talent currently is would be ...Mobbing? Pack Attack? Hey Fluffy The Boss Has Treats In His Back Pocket?

Maybe someone could propose leaving stampede as it is (which is, admittedly, actually a stampede) while suggesting a NEW ability named 'Call of the Pack' or something. (I'm not good with names, sorry...)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

So I'm the only one who was tickled to death with the stampede change? It... actually looks like a Stampede now. I *loved* it!!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Rikaku wrote: Personally, just the glyph alone would be enough for me. I'd rather hate to have a "Dire Shot"; I picked beastmastery for the pets. and if I have this new glyph, I'll be using a core ability to summon my other pets... that just sounds awesome. I don't really want to see another shot. But that's just my opinion, lol

But I will join many of the others in saying the new Stampede looks awful; I just don't like that whole way it's presented. :(
When I had dire beast, I liked it. And I also liked not having it. A talent to make dire beast optional would be a good way to offer variety in how to play the spec. If they can design "dire shot" balanced with dire beast (and all the artifact gimmicks that go with it), then I welcome it as a talent. Just me and my pet against the world. And some gross third wheel that's less personal than a mage's water elemental.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xota wrote:
Rikaku wrote: Personally, just the glyph alone would be enough for me. I'd rather hate to have a "Dire Shot"; I picked beastmastery for the pets. and if I have this new glyph, I'll be using a core ability to summon my other pets... that just sounds awesome. I don't really want to see another shot. But that's just my opinion, lol

When I had dire beast, I liked it. And I also liked not having it. A talent to make dire beast optional would be a good way to offer variety in how to play the spec. If they can design "dire shot" balanced with dire beast (and all the artifact gimmicks that go with it), then I welcome it as a talent. Just me and my pet against the world. And some gross third wheel that's less personal than a mage's water elemental.

Sorry, I feel the need to clarify myself a bit since I realize my wording came off as "no don't add a shot ever" XD Apologies! I really should've re-read that to myself...

I certainly don't mind if "Dire Shot" (for lack of a better name atm) is a talent, then players who want it could definitely have it. I just meant as long as it was a talent that remained optional; I just didn't like the idea of the shot being one of 'those talents' that became so powerful that it became the only viable talent for that tier or mandatorily replaced Dire Beast. So I actually think we're on the same page, lol

Again, sorry my original comment is all sorts of 'need better wording' :)

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I honestly hate Dire Beast. It summons uninteresting beasts that we can't control in any way that just interfere with stuff and half the time aren't even on the right target. I want MORE ways to get rid of it, not have it dominate my rotation. Ugh.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket