Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Rikaku »

Aroim wrote:
Hati 1.jpg
Hati 2.jpg
Hati 3.jpg
That is SO MUCH BETTER. Thank you for getting those pics. I'm so much happier now. I can live with that model. ;_; - tears of joy

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kind of hoping that the blue teeth change, depending on the model though. xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Kalliope wrote:Kind of hoping that the blue teeth change, depending on the model though. xD
This. I'd be really happy if they at the very least bring back the previous skins they had planned for Hati as the Northrendworg model for this new model. I wouldn't be able to resist the black and red version.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Qraljar wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Kind of hoping that the blue teeth change, depending on the model though. xD
This. I'd be really happy if they at the very least bring back the previous skins they had planned for Hati as the Northrendworg model for this new model. I wouldn't be able to resist the black and red version.

I have a feeling that they probably will, they were probably left that blinding blue until they finish adding the red, green, and other colors the Northrend worg alternates had. I feel that those were fairly important colors, as they were supposed to somewhat match Titanstrike.

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Rikaku wrote:
Qraljar wrote:

I have a feeling that they probably will, they were probably left that blinding blue until they finish adding the red, green, and other colors the Northrend worg alternates had. I feel that those were fairly important colors, as they were supposed to somewhat match Titanstrike.
Yep, my guess is that they were intended to become the new equivalents of that, just that they hadn't changed the nail, fangs, eyes and lightning colours yet.

Personally, I wish different Titanstrike artifact skins would also alter Hati's model a little, but I'm guessing that is unrealistic.

For the time being, I'm just glad we got something than the Northrend worg.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Aw yis. Shiny worg is shiny.

And yeah, I'm sure the skins with the different color lightning/teeth/etc will come. IT'S STILL ALPHA. And the fancy effects are always the last thing to be added in.

I do kinda wish he was on the other side of your toon, instead of sniffin' yer butt, but... eh. Maybe someone on the alpha boards should suggest it?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Qraljar wrote:
Agreed also, I really did like some other the colour options, and the fact they tried to make them match the artifact colour was neat also, it was just that model.

I kinda feel a bit greedy/needy mentioning it as I was on the "Please give us an updated wolf please band wagon", and as much as I LOVE the new one, but doesn't mean I still don't like the previous options (especially the black and red like you mentioned) :)

Also as quoted by Celastalon...

Hati should (may still have bugs) follow all commands you give your pet.

Yippee!!!!! :headbang:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Sweet Hati of Kiribati, that's a major improvement! Amazing what a nice visual upgrade can do for improving the feel of a class.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

She looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing in game pics of her

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Oh thank the Earthmother, I can definitely live more with Hati like that. I'll still wish we could have chosen our secondary pet of our own, but eh, this is a pretty good good step either way. We'll all have worgs sure, but atleast they will be able to walk properly!! XD
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

:shock: I just realized she also has extra visual (glowing) effects that don't show up in the WMV

If you have a look, the ingame version has a glow emanating from the behind the fur/mane behind it's head/over the shouders.

Looks really really nice imo :)
Attachments
Hati 2.jpg
Hati 2.jpg (52.98 KiB) Viewed 3193 times

­
­
­
Drayk
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Drayk »

I guess I'm he only one that really dislikes that shaved butt model =/
Kalliope

SpiritBinder wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
Agreed also, I really did like some other the colour options, and the fact they tried to make them match the artifact colour was neat also, it was just that model.

I kinda feel a bit greedy/needy mentioning it as I was on the "Please give us an updated wolf please band wagon", and as much as I LOVE the new one, but doesn't mean I still don't like the previous options (especially the black and red like you mentioned) :)

Also as quoted by Celastalon...

Hati should (may still have bugs) follow all commands you give your pet.

Yippee!!!!! :headbang:
Oh gosh yes, I hope that the work put into those recolors won't be lost! They could certainly go out in the world someplace. :D

And that's fantastic! I'm glad that Hati will truly be a second pet that mirrors our main pet.

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I can certainly dig that Hati. I do wonder about positioning though. Usually when you have more than one guardian or pet, the second files in directly behind you. However some screenshots seem to show Hati behind the main pet. I'm sure theres a lot going on technically there, but I would love to see both pets side by side or even one on each side (though I can see gameplay problems with this).
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Very happy with this version of Hati, much more so than the northend worg version. That old model moves so oddly-I still have Skoll in my stables but have not used him in a very, very long time. Wouldn't mind him getting the same update-but that would likely make people upset.

Assuming the different colors of the new Hati model are different colors that she takes on depending on what skin/color option you are using on the gun itself? Is there anyone able to test that yet or is the customization of the weapon not unlocked yet?
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

my hope for BM is coming back up. Much love for the new Haiti. I though he would go awesomely with my lovely Loque'nahak. Now for the pet controls. "Takes out a leash."
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Celastalon wrote: Hati should (may still have bugs) follow all commands you give your pet.
So it will follow your pet when you use the go-to command, and you won't be able to summon/dismiss independently. Great. </sarcasm> The better model doesn't address the fact its an obligatory third wheel (with no uniqueness among hunters) that follows you around everywhere. Summon/dismiss being an on-use effect rather than an on-equip effect would fix at least half of that.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Xota wrote:
So it will follow your pet when you use the go-to command, and you won't be able to summon/dismiss independently. Great. </sarcasm> The better model doesn't address the fact its an obligatory third wheel (with no uniqueness among hunters) that follows you around everywhere. Summon/dismiss being an on-use effect rather than an on-equip effect would fix at least half of that.
I'm still hoping that they might make a glyph where you can have Hati take on the form of one of your stable pets at random. Kinda like the glyph they're giving for the stampede being stable pets vs random wild animals...
Kalliope

Quiv wrote:I can certainly dig that Hati. I do wonder about positioning though. Usually when you have more than one guardian or pet, the second files in directly behind you. However some screenshots seem to show Hati behind the main pet. I'm sure theres a lot going on technically there, but I would love to see both pets side by side or even one on each side (though I can see gameplay problems with this).
There's actually an explanation for that! It has to do which was summoned first. This happens now on live servers if you have a bodyguard out. Try dismissing/summoning your pet and you'll see it in action yourself. :)

YouTube Edition

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Xota wrote: So it will follow your pet when you use the go-to command, and you won't be able to summon/dismiss independently. Great. </sarcasm> The better model doesn't address the fact its an obligatory third wheel (with no uniqueness among hunters) that follows you around everywhere. Summon/dismiss being an on-use effect rather than an on-equip effect would fix at least half of that.
Fortunately I'm pretty sure they are very aware of it now, it was one of (if not the top) gameplay fix/requests made regarding the BM Artifact. I did have a try again this morning but not sure if it's been implemented, or if still quite buggy, but she was as stubborn as ever. But as they have acknowledged it as an issue and we are still in Alpha, I have faith it will not go ahead as it currently is. :)

Personally I have no idea what or how the tech works, to have a controllable pet that technically belongs to your weapon, thats then linked to your charters for full control, but is also not yours... It might be an absolute nightmare from a programming/tech point of view. That said they seem pretty darn invested in Hati now, with the artifact intro, the multiple model reiterations and edits, and positive feedback regarding having two pets, etc. With so much behind it and Hati being around for an entire expansion (at the least) she's not really something they can leave with any outstanding (gameplay) issues.

­
­
­