Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Nazja »

Now I just need Skoll to get Hati's model to be completely happy. We'd just need a new SB that uses the current Skoll model, for those who like it.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Vephriel wrote:Looks like they're listening! :)
I wonder if Hati will change if you use this to copy your current pet, but then dismiss and summon a different pet. If Hati stays the same, could make for some interesting pet combos! Or is Hati somehow tied to you having a pet out?
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

Nazja wrote:Now I just need Skoll to get Hati's model to be completely happy. We'd just need a new SB that uses the current Skoll model, for those who like it.
Maybe there can be like a quest or something like with the old corrupted ashbringer had like a quest or the warglaves where the dungeon Illadain makes a not of them. So maybe for those that have Skoll and have him out will get like a quest if you bring them somewhere.

Idea for this could be you bring Skoll to the father and he like goes "OMG Skoll what happened to you!!?!?!?! Here hunter take this to make Skoll look better" this is just an idea but maybe someone could come up with something better.

But as for me my king Krush and Loque'nahak combo dream is become a reality! :headbang:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

"Requires level 110"... so stuck with the stupid wolf form until you level cap?
Nice.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

HunterFTW wrote:
Nazja wrote:Now I just need Skoll to get Hati's model to be completely happy. We'd just need a new SB that uses the current Skoll model, for those who like it.
Maybe there can be like a quest or something like with the old corrupted ashbringer had like a quest or the warglaves where the dungeon Illadain makes a not of them. So maybe for those that have Skoll and have him out will get like a quest if you bring them somewhere.

Idea for this could be you bring Skoll to the father and he like goes "OMG Skoll what happened to you!!?!?!?! Here hunter take this to make Skoll look better" this is just an idea but maybe someone could come up with something better.
Thorim neglected his pets since the war against Arngrim, so Skoll, who's less skilled at hunting than his brother, looks a bit emaciated?
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sukurachi wrote:"Requires level 110"... so stuck with the stupid wolf form until you level cap?
Nice.
:evil: I totally just noticed that when you point it out. I am no longer happy with this.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

@.@ ooohhh it's so shiny....*is shocked when trying to touch it* ;_____; why level cap? Not fair!!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I'm wondering if the level cap is due to any possible cinematics that will be added down the road for the artifacts? If they do exist, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that Hati would play a role in said cutscenes. I don't know for sure, but many of the Artifact's additional colors seemed to be linked to some over-arching storyline. I'm not in Alpha though, so I have no idea. but maybe?

The only other thing I could imagine is that this is just the first instance of the item's existence. It's likely to get tweaked. I mean it'll have to be looked at at least once just to fix the typo. And considering Hati is still bugged as far as commands go, I just think the entire essence-swap/Hati thing is just still a big work in progress.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Rikaku wrote:I'm wondering if the level cap is due to any possible cinematics that will be added down the road for the artifacts? If they do exist, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that Hati would play a role in said cutscenes. I don't know for sure, but many of the Artifact's additional colors seemed to be linked to some over-arching storyline. I'm not in Alpha though, so I have no idea. but maybe?
Someone who leveled in dungeons who went back and did the quests at max level (with the essencee in use) could run into this issue you mention. That being said, I hope they do a bunch of cinematics. They're usually pretty awesome.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

That's an interesting item there.

I hope it's not "TOO" Epic to get. Some of the challenge stuff is a bit TOO challenging for casual players. I remember when the green wolf came out people needed parties of 10 or 15 to kill that chick. (I know I know some 'gods' could solo it, but it wasn't common) I saw groups of 5 die repeatedly trying to take her down. (As I'd wanted a green wolf since.. you know.. Alpha.. I was all over it. Then when I saw how hard it was, I almost panic'd a bit)

If the 'Essence swapper' is too hard to get, it'll breed resentment instead of pleasure. "Well there's a way to make this wolf look like I WANT it to look but I can't get it, so screw blizzard" sort of things.

At this point we don't know how easy or hard it might be to get. Might be 'Hit lvl 100 and buy it in your Hunter hall" sort of easy, but it might also be "Mythic mode" hard where in many of us are just going to look at it and get mad.

I'm also curious if it'll just mirror our current pet. Or... if like some of us have put forth, it'll take our current pet and 'Lightning it up" The write up could be for either.

It looks GOOD, as long as it's not too hard to get. If it means I can have out two of my green wolves... then I'm happy. It might even take some of the sting out of those ugly ass guns we're saddled with.

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Hati and Skoll.jpg
Hati and Skoll.jpg (261.71 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
zedxrgal

I love my Skoll. But seeing that screen shot of him next to Hati makes me desperately long for him to get an updated model. :(

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

zedxrgal wrote:I love my Skoll. But seeing that screen shot of him next to Hati makes me desperately long for him to get an updated model. :(

I was thinking same thing. Like maybe they could move Skoll's current model to one of those Thundermaw wolves in Pandaria? And then update Skoll. But updating old pets doesn't always go over well. I do like the idea someone else had (here on Petopia) where you could do an optional quest or something that would let you update your Skoll to the Legion wolf model.

I used to think pet-centric quests would be asking too much, but after Gara, hey! We can dream XD

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Rikaku wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:I love my Skoll. But seeing that screen shot of him next to Hati makes me desperately long for him to get an updated model. :(

I was thinking same thing. Like maybe they could move Skoll's current model to one of those Thundermaw wolves in Pandaria? And then update Skoll. But updating old pets doesn't always go over well. I do like the idea someone else had (here on Petopia) where you could do an optional quest or something that would let you update your Skoll to the Legion wolf model.

I used to think pet-centric quests would be asking too much, but after Gara, hey! We can dream XD
I kind of like the idea of visiting Mimiron somewhere and having him size up your pet. If your pet is available for a "visual upgrade," he could say "oh sure, I can squeeze a few more polygons in there for you!" Zap, upgraded Skoll/cat/bear/whichever other pet.

Fourth wall? What fourth wall?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Or just have a new model lightning wolf that can be tamed. Players can name it Skoll after they tame it if they want to. No need to make it more complicated.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xota wrote:Or just have a new model lightning wolf that can be tamed. Players can name it Skoll after they tame it if they want to. No need to make it more complicated.
True, but it wouldn't be the same for me. If the rare spawn in Northrend is Skoll, our artifact story is in Northrend, and deals with Hati... getting a different wolf and naming it 'Skoll' isn't the same as actually taming Skoll. Not to mention in the case of Skoll, he's not a wolf. So it'd have to be specifically a Spirit Beast with the lightning wolf skin if it were going to be on par with the ideas proposed, because I want my spirit beast Skoll, not a wolf Skoll.

But then again, I'm one of those people who refuses to tame a pink crane in timeless isle because I want Patrannache. XD Idk I can't explain it, I just feel they aren't the same things despite looking identical lol

zedxrgal

Rikaku wrote:
Xota wrote:Or just have a new model lightning wolf that can be tamed. Players can name it Skoll after they tame it if they want to. No need to make it more complicated.
True, but it wouldn't be the same for me. If the rare spawn in Northrend is Skoll, our artifact story is in Northrend, and deals with Hati... getting a different wolf and naming it 'Skoll' isn't the same as actually taming Skoll. Not to mention in the case of Skoll, he's not a wolf. So it'd have to be specifically a Spirit Beast with the lightning wolf skin if it were going to be on par with the ideas proposed, because I want my spirit beast Skoll, not a wolf Skoll.

But then again, I'm one of those people who refuses to tame a pink crane in timeless isle because I want Patrannache. XD Idk I can't explain it, I just feel they aren't the same things despite looking identical lol
This. 100% for me also. Just any old wolf with a lightning effect isn't Skoll. To myself and A LOT of other hunters it wouldn't be same. Part of the reason the new bear model upset so many others, myself included. It wasn't just cause the back was broken but it just wasn't their bear they'd tamed back in vanilla or whenever that they were attached too. Not to mention. I camped Skoll for DAYS when LK came out. I'd hate for some wannabe clone to come along. :lol:

And since I've lost my train of thought four times now cause the day was too hectic for words I'll just say I agree with Rikaku :lol:

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

It's tricky, I've been trying to think of an elegant solution to add the "New" skoll skin, that doesn't tread on the toes of "Lore", or others who already have the original Skoll, and not overly difficult to implement.

I'd LOVE to have access to the new one, but I do not want the removal/replacement of the original one either.

The only thing that I can think of that could/would work well, would be the addition of something Like the Gara Quest. A side quest that requires some time/luck/exploration/skill that end in the ability to tame the new skin, and that the new model is Skoll according to lore. The retro Skoll can still be hunted down and tamed and the ability to do that would not impact on this quest/addition.

Maybe it starts with a "BM hunter only" drop from Fenryr in the Halls of Valor. That starts you on the path to explore a find out about Skoll a bit more. Something like "Now that Hati has been bound to your artifact, Skoll has now gone missing/acting up/needs taming/etc, etc, etc. Then "Insert the rest of a cool story/quests", etc.

My biggest concern is...
a) It's a lot of work for Blizzard to implement, and
b) that people will complain that it's not a "NEW" spirit beast

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lore-wise, I think the quest chain should initially depict Hati in his/her (still confused which they are now) traditional Northrend model. When she's bonded to the weapon she's powered up and looks all shiny and steroidal :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess that doesn't solve the problem of matching pets though, just the lore explanation. I guess one thing they could do with the gun is add a special check for that one pet ID and if it's Skoll then change his aura to the new model too. Like, if oyu have a matching set he powers up. It would be extra work but not enormous, and it's a once-off special thing because they match.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.