Mech wishlist

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Mech wishlist

Unread post by Xota »

I doodled some potential mechanical pets. They'd use existing models, and just have new skins. I know some or all of these are unlikely, but I dream big. Anyone else have a dream mechanical pet? Drawing not required.

Brass monkey. Challenge tame: Several metalic orbs would circle it, they wouldn't be killable, but they would be slowable. When they pass between the brass monkey and the player, all channeled spells would be interrupted. The challenge would be to kite the monkey far enough ahead of them that the tame would complete before they caught up.

Clockwork scarab. It'd be really neat if the skin was animated, so the gears on the "inside" part would move.

Bobu Beep-Boop. (Bobu beeboop?) Based off of Bubo from Clash of the Titans, which was kind of like a knock-off of R2D2, supposedly made for Athena (Bubo was original to the movie).
Challenge tame: Bobu Beep Boop would start at a random spawn point, and a mecha gnome A3NO (A3 Neo?) would start at another random spawn point. When either is pulled, their frenemy ports to its location, sharing a threat table. Whenever A3NO dies, Bobu instant casts a repair spell, and is stunned with A3NO rebooting a couple seconds later (immune to CC briefly). Both of them can cast the following: port to frenemy (can't be kited away from each other). Un-CC frenemy (instant, no CD). Whirl, interrupts tame beast, goes through immunities/protection. The challenge is to kill A3NO and then tame quickly in the brief moment before the rez goes off and A3NO clears Bobu's stun.

Mecha-arachnid and Pterrorhaxor.

I didn't make a doodle or cut out for "lightning bug", a firefly robot with a charged stinger.
Attachments
brass monkey.png
brass monkey.png (283.4 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
clockwork-scarab.png
clockwork-scarab.png (190.13 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
bobubeepboop.png
bobubeepboop.png (270.7 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
mecharachnid pterrorhaxor.png
mecharachnid pterrorhaxor.png (12.76 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Mech wishlist

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow, so many awesome ideas!

Of all of them I'd have to say the Bubo is the one that excites me most. We really need a mechanical owl :)

The brass monkey should attack with brass balls. If you know the old saying ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

A golden turtle with shell plates made out of gems would be neat.

When you first find it, it's broken and the shell is missing, so you have to fix it with the help of some NPCs. The way its shell looks would depend on the gems you use to repair it.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Araucaria
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Araucaria »

A golden turtle with shell plates made out of gems would be neat.

When you first find it, it's broken and the shell is missing, so you have to fix it with the help of some NPCs. The way its shell looks would depend on the gems you use to repair it.
A turtle like that would be great, with a new way of choosing the colors and a reason to make it more personal.
I would like a tarantula mech, possibly black and/or white like real life robots, and maybe the mech yeti could be made tamable. Image
There could also be a grown version of the Cogblade Raptor, obtained by following a quest to calm the pet of a deceased troll engineer that is attacking a village.
Grown Cogblade Raptor.jpg
Grown Cogblade Raptor.jpg (126.27 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
A mech panther could be the alli version of that, both still obtainable by any faction.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

My wishlist would be Mechanical Cloudserpents or Mechanical Whelps AND Mechanical Aquatic animals like Mechanical Shark

oh and especially this one

and this fellow

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Being the HUGE transformers nerd I am, you know I have to toss out the obvious desires.

Something like Grimlock (T-rex), Strafe (two headed Pteranodon), Slug (Triceratops), Scorn (Spinosaurus) would be EPIC. ANY dinobot I would fawn over.

Mech snakes!! Reptiles! Any mech reptiles. Cog frog!!! I'd name it Rivet! *daydreams*

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Echoing a few previous suggestions, but I would be thrilled for mechanical spiders, reptiles, dragons, and dinosaurs of any kind. :D
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

A part of me would also love a Windup Moonkin as a pet. Some poor, misguided gnomish inventor sought to impress his night elven friends and barely escaped being lynched. :D
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Mech is like Spirit Beast when it comes to looks, really they can be anything and still fit the family. This opens up the possibilities and I hope they take advantage of the looser rules.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Quiv wrote:Mech is like Spirit Beast when it comes to looks, really they can be anything and still fit the family. This opens up the possibilities and I hope they take advantage of the looser rules.
And I'm still waiting for them to take advantage of that aspect for spirit beasts. :<
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I just want a mech gnome hunter to go with the new pets ;)
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Vephriel wrote:
Quiv wrote:Mech is like Spirit Beast when it comes to looks, really they can be anything and still fit the family. This opens up the possibilities and I hope they take advantage of the looser rules.
And I'm still waiting for them to take advantage of that aspect for spirit beasts. :<
Or to stop making so many ghost spirit beasts. If they're gonna make transparent animal spirit beasts, they should at least make them celestials. :P
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Has anyone listed kitties yet? They already have the perfect model to start with in a battle pet, the flux-fire feline :) Just bigger and different colors..or even with stripes <3 And also a bear just like the battle pet bear.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:Echoing a few previous suggestions, but I would be thrilled for mechanical spiders, reptiles, dragons, and dinosaurs of any kind. :D

Also, mechanical dinosaurs? Grimlock ref inc.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually the gnome tank (orignal model) isn't that far off a spider either. And Gnomeregan has heaps of them but I guess they're considered not quite beasty enough (I checked, can't be tamed). It shouldn't take much to adapt the model though :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Undead Zombie Dogs from Northrend PL)X
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Mechanical corgis, pugs and brew-pups, although normal, not-mechanical dogs could also use some more models.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Since mechs are already using critter-shapes which aren't usually tameable, I'll throw my vote in for a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling tame. Maybe even electrified. That would be PERFECT for my Pandaren Engineer main. Other than that, a Mechanical Devilsaur Challenge Tame that's a Mechagodzilla reference maybe?

Oh! What about some mech tames that require various engineering gadgets (that are useable by everyone)? Like you have to kill a stationary enemy on a cliffside and loot it with a Loot-a-rang (or Fetch) for an item like you needed for the Tanaan Fel Wolf tame, then Hang-glide to a cliff-side cave, and in the cave is a broken Mechanical Whelpling that you have to resurrect using an Ultimate Gnomish Army Knife (or Failure Detection Pylon), use the previously mentioned item on, and are then able to tame. Would be neat what with those mechanical dragonling trinkets engineers craft and all.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Xota wrote:I doodled some potential mechanical pets. They'd use existing models, and just have new skins. I know some or all of these are unlikely, but I dream big. Anyone else have a dream mechanical pet? Drawing not required.

Brass monkey. Challenge tame: Several metalic orbs would circle it, they wouldn't be killable, but they would be slowable. When they pass between the brass monkey and the player, all channeled spells would be interrupted. The challenge would be to kite the monkey far enough ahead of them that the tame would complete before they caught up.
Slowable? Using frost magic, I presume. (pity that Traps are gonna be Survival-only - gonna need to borrow a Frost mage.)

After all, you can't tame him unless it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey...
Image Image