wolf vs. devilsaur

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

wolf vs. devilsaur

Unread post by Siliverin »

so i been thinking about adding another pet to my family :) but i am not sure which. I know alot of people like the wolf for the howl and people like the devilsaur for their bite. What are everyones opinion? my hunter is bm spec.
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Max
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland PvP

Re: wolf vs. devilsaur

Unread post by Max »

If you are BM i'd take Devilsaur, its a little above the wolf if I remember correct
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ahh ok ty :) now .... which color? id try for king but ive seen him once out of all the times i have spent in sholazar... and he owned me.... lol
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I prefer the red one, but a lot of people also like the black one. I don't care a lot for the albino one. You could always try taming one, see if you like it, and if you don't, get another one.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Black and red are the best colors....damn they need to add more skins for devilsaur
Max
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland PvP

Unread post by Max »

Saturo wrote:I prefer the red one, but a lot of people also like the black one. I don't care a lot for the albino one. You could always try taming one, see if you like it, and if you don't, get another one.
I prefer the red one but if I get KK i'll use him. The only problem I have with it is the back; where the pointy things are its very red, like a flesh wound.
I never liked the black one because its always felt like I have been stealing Vephs ''Signature Pet''

-Pocket Troll of un-needed knowledge
In 2005, the country of Angola had the highest infant mortality rate in the World with over 187 deaths per 1,000 births.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Max wrote: I never liked the black one because its always felt like I have been stealing Vephs ''Signature Pet''

SIGNATURE PET! That was the word I was looking for.. I titled the forum -Help with "me" pet lol
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

onwards to un'goro! lol
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Use whichever beastie + appearance you prefer, IMO. At end-game they vary in 'best' depending on your gear, and the difference is negligible.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

As has been said, devilsaur is good for BM. As far as the pet's appeal goes, I love them to pieces, such personality (to me, they are like slightly dimwitted, ecstatically happy, loyal retriever puppies. With big teeth) and they hit like a truck. Teigan has a black devilsaur, Grys has a brown one. :D
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Teigan wrote:As has been said, devilsaur is good for BM. As far as the pet's appeal goes, I love them to pieces, such personality (to me, they are like slightly dimwitted, ecstatically happy, loyal retriever puppies. With big teeth) and they hit like a truck. Teigan has a black devilsaur, Grys has a brown one. :D
lol never thought of it that way. hmmm ill try out the albino one and see how it goes :) looks more "girlish" in my opinon which is great for me :D

edit: well i just got into un goro and the first devilsaur i see is the ironback one.. wonder if its a sign
Last edited by Siliverin on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The albino devilsaur is one that seems to be used the least. I'd say go for it, the white ones seem pretty unique. :D
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

True, you see more King Krushes that you do whites!
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Vephriel wrote:The albino devilsaur is one that seems to be used the least. I'd say go for it, the white ones seem pretty unique. :D
so very true.. ill keep the black one till i run across the albino one :D hope i find "her" :D soon
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Keep looking! There's usually at least 3 Devilsaurs spawned at any one time. They have wide paths, but if you just start running around randomly you'll probably bump into some. xD
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

i finally found it! after running around i came across the white devilsaur. it was epic, i had track beast on and spotted her and a warrior told me he saw her but also saw a lvl 75 horde hunter running around. So i ran up to it and there i saw the horde hunter. it was a stare down for the ages, he was flagged pvp. I got on my trusty celestial steed and charged the devilsaur threw down a ice trap and started taming her, the warrior, flagged and just charged the horde and stuned him, after i finished taming left the hunter alone.. now i need to find a name lol
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

and don't worry about the wolf. I end-game raid, and the Devilsaur is just as good, and sometimes better than the wolf.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Slickrock wrote:and don't worry about the wolf. I end-game raid, and the Devilsaur is just as good, and sometimes better than the wolf.
Ah ok ty :)
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

WTB a blue devilsaur. Then, we'd end up with Yoshi.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

kamoodle5 wrote:WTB a blue devilsaur. Then, we'd end up with Yoshi.
lol id love to see a blue one sine blue is my fav color :)
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin