Legion Retiring pet

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Legion Retiring pet

Unread post by erictks1 »

Any pet is going to retire in legion ? Please share if you have any info. Thanks
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Legion Retiring pet

Unread post by Wain »

Good question. I can't think of any, though. The only things I know of are mounts and minipets that are vanishing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

None that I know of. Blizz doesn't seem to retire pets much anymore.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wain wrote:Good question. I can't think of any, though. The only things I know of are mounts and minipets that are vanishing.
Is there a post of which mounts & mini pets that are being retired that I missed? :shock:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

Weren't some of the older bear models going? Some of them don't seem to have rarespawns attached to them.
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.
zedxrgal

I believe Blizzard has it that the vanilla rare spawn bears will keep their old models. While all the other bears will sport the new model. So technically the vanilla bear skins aren't retiring per say. But if you've a non rare vanilla bear it will be I guess you could say removed for lack of a better word. So taming a rare to keep that look may be necessary.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

zedxrgal wrote:
Wain wrote:Good question. I can't think of any, though. The only things I know of are mounts and minipets that are vanishing.
Is there a post of which mounts & mini pets that are being retired that I missed? :shock:
For mounts, see the news post here:
http://warcraftmounts.com/
In addition to those, there's the mushan from the Brawler's Guild, which may not be permanently gone, but will be missing for a while as they said that Brawler's was going on hiatus in Legion.

For pets see Warcraft Pets. I think they have a list up now.
zedxrgal

Thanks Wain. I didn't realize Warcraft Mounts & Warcraft Pets were ran by the same folks. I'll have to work on getting the moose mount it at all possible

solitha
Realm: Silvermoon, Earthen Ring

Unread post by solitha »

I now can't find the source, but isn't Flare getting axed for Legion? I ran across a mention somewhere that you should get your Fel Wolf while you still can, because it may no longer be possible in Legion due to loss of a necessary skill against Anaara, and I'm fairly certain it was Flare. Talking to a hunter-main friend, I started realizing how many pets there are that require the use of Flare to find to tame.

Does anyone know anything about this? Are the challenges being changed, or will these pets become effectively unavailable? Or am I completely off?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

BM at least still have Flare. I don't know about other specs. But we're using it for the mechanowolf tracking tames in the Alpha :)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

If they got rid of flare all of the rare pets in MoP would need to have their tame mechanics completely reworked.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

There would be some possibility that someone happened report to Blizzard to retain the 2 skinn old bears that do not have a rare to represent them? skinn http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=35;0 ... wnDiseased as an example.

My bear since 2009 has that skin (Deathclaw), and I would like to keep it (the new not attract me and forces it upon me to lose the current directly do not like).

Sorry for my bad English.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Habria alguna posibilidad de que alguien pasara reporte a Blizzard de conservar la skinn de los 2 osos viejos que no tienen un rare que los represente? como ejemplo la skinn http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=35;0 ... wnDiseased.

Mi oso desde el 2009 tiene esa skin (Deathclaw), y me gustaria poder conservarlo (las nuevas no me atraen y que me obligen a perder la actual directamente no me gusta).

Perdon por mi mal ingles.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote:There would be some possibility that someone happened report to Blizzard to retain the 2 skinn old bears that do not have a rare to represent them? skinn http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=35;0 ... wnDiseased as an example.

My bear since 2009 has that skin (Deathclaw), and I would like to keep it (the new not attract me and forces it upon me to lose the current directly do not like).

Sorry for my bad English.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Habria alguna posibilidad de que alguien pasara reporte a Blizzard de conservar la skinn de los 2 osos viejos que no tienen un rare que los represente? como ejemplo la skinn http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=35;0 ... wnDiseased.

Mi oso desde el 2009 tiene esa skin (Deathclaw), y me gustaria poder conservarlo (las nuevas no me atraen y que me obligen a perder la actual directamente no me gusta).

Perdon por mi mal ingles.
Your English was good :)

As for the old bear looks... maybe they have added them and nobody noticed yet? :)
solitha

Unread post by solitha »

zedxrgal wrote:Thanks Wain. I didn't realize Warcraft Mounts & Warcraft Pets were ran by the same folks. I'll have to work on getting the moose mount it at all possible
I think Petopia and Warcraft Mounts are both run by Mania, and Warcraft Pets by Breanni & co. They seem to be on good terms though, and reference each other's sites.
solitha

Unread post by solitha »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:If they got rid of flare all of the rare pets in MoP would need to have their tame mechanics completely reworked.

That's kind of what I was wondering about. The post about the Fel Wolf was definitely a "get it while you can before Legion removes X!" although I can't find it now. Suppose I won't worry about it!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

solitha wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:Thanks Wain. I didn't realize Warcraft Mounts & Warcraft Pets were ran by the same folks. I'll have to work on getting the moose mount it at all possible
I think Petopia and Warcraft Mounts are both run by Mania, and Warcraft Pets by Breanni & co. They seem to be on good terms though, and reference each other's sites.
Oops I missed the original post. Yeah, Warcraft Pets aren't run by us, we're just friends, and I also provide them with their model shots while I'm doing the ones for WCM and Petopia :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, and SV still has Flare as well. I haven't checked MM but I would expect it does also.