horde vs alliance

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Re: horde vs alliance

Unread post by Nevar »

Vephriel wrote:I'm definitely not someone who would chastise a person for choosing a certain faction one way or the other. Unfortunately I know a lot of people like that exist, but in the end it's best to ignore them and remember why you love your faction and take pride in that yourself.

That's why I always like explaining my own reasoning behind my love of the faction I play. I know it's not shared by everyone, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I feel that at least presenting my feelings of it does more to illustrate my thoughts than just screaming some baseless pride cry.

I'll admit I enjoy the friendly rivalry though. Much like opposing sports teams, it's fun to have two sides of something to feel strongly about. I'll join in with some 'For the Horde' every now and then, but all in good fun. :D As for those who take it too far and too seriously, well....again, best ignored. xD

THAT is exactly how I feel! I admit I am a HARDCORE Varian fangirl but too me he is the most human of every npc/person in this game - He's such a complex character and often judged for what he does and he feels. I love this about him :3 I think my love for him grew when I read the Arthas novel..they depicted him as a young child..broken and alone after the orcs razed Stormwind and it fell... He stood by the window looking out at the falling snow and he cried.. My heart broke..because I understood how he must feel.. :hug: Varian - Its funny because I dont really like human males but I LOVE him
Last edited by Nevar on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Vephriel wrote:As for those who take it too far and too seriously, well....again, best ignored.
Excellent advice. I cannot stress enough that this is a game. I don't allow others' emotional attachment to dictate my time. If they want to dictate it, I ignore them.

I participate in discussions like this because I find it interesting to hear how others play the game but yeah. My game is mine. ;)

Nevar, I agree about Varian by the way. He's definitely very, very human. Personally, I have a problem with people (in real life, I mean) that don't deal with their issues and take them out on the world, and Varian kind of amplifies that by virtue of being a king and all... >.> But whether I like him or not, I agree, I like the character. I like the depth and nuance.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

That and Varian is good-lookin for a human - admit it ;) No smushed face of a normal human male :3 (No offemse)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Better lookinh in the comics when drawn by Ludo Lullabi....>_> just my two cents his ingame model is a bit scruffy.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Still good lookin! :lol:

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Ryno wrote:You go namby-pamby or you go hardcore.
Did you mean to say "HORDEcore"? :lol:

I tried both sides and, mostly because of the players not the game, I like horde better... Much better!
On our german realms, we call alliance the "kiddies faction", because most of the young and rather unnerving players play alliance.

I for myself tried all races and now I'm a horde layer through and through.

BTW, nice new artwork, Veph...
Max
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland PvP

Unread post by Max »

"How did you become a hero?" "Oh well, I went to Stormwind and enrolled in Hero-School. Duh."
Thats retarded, A hero is not a random person (i.e level 1-25 in-game) running around, a hero is someone who was earned their title'
And that backfires on your upcoming ''warchief''; ''How did you become warchief?'' ''I said lululululul im not emo anymore, gimmi seat!''

EDIT: I wanna explain myself, everyone I have met that has been talking about how alliance is the kid faction has made me defensive
and I dont take it easy when someone insults it; trying to explain why I like Alliance has always been like talking to a wall about painting it.
They always comeback with ''FOR THE HDOER NAB'' I dont want to sound like a major asshole / jackass and I hope this explain it.
Sarayana

Max wrote:
"How did you become a hero?" "Oh well, I went to Stormwind and enrolled in Hero-School. Duh."
Thats retarded, A hero is not a random person (i.e level 1-25 in-game) running around, a hero is someone who was earned their title'
And that backfires on your upcoming ''warchief''; ''How did you become warchief?'' ''I said lululululul im not emo anymore, gimmi seat!''

EDIT: I wanna explain myself, everyone I have met that has been talking about how alliance is the kid faction has made me defensive
and I dont take it easy when someone insults it; trying to explain why I like Alliance has always been like talking to a wall about painting it.
They always comeback with ''FOR THE HDOER NAB'' I dont want to sound like a major asshole / jackass and I hope this explain it.
If you read my discussion with Nevar and Veph after that particular post you quoted, you'll see that I'm actually not attacking the Alliance. ;)

I also know what you mean about the Alliance being attacked for being immature (which wasn't the point of the post you quoted, by the way - I was purely speaking about my admittedly weak understanding of the two factions' lore) and find it confounding... On Ysera, my general experience has been that Alliance is generally composed of mature, friendly players. During my comparatively short time playing Horde-side, I've seen more griefing and immature shit than I have the 2 1/2 years I've played Alliance on that server.

Nevar... I think it's the scar. I love the scar. ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Fael »

Hmmmm well Horde had barrens chat and with Alliance can you get one of your faction leaders to sing to you? :p
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, Magni sings when you turn in the quest "Moira's Bracelet".

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

It's more fun to yell "For the Horde" :D
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

As for behavior, that's going to vary between every person and realm. I've personally encountered so much immaturity on any Alliance realms I've tried, but that's just me. There's the same sort of folks on either side. You'll meet good and bad.
Sarayana

Vephriel wrote:As for behavior, that's going to vary between every person and realm. I've personally encountered so much immaturity on any Alliance realms I've tried, but that's just me. There's the same sort of folks on either side. You'll meet good and bad.
It's true. People try to stereotype and generalise and well, it just isn't possible with so many people playing the game. That's what I mean - for every person you meet that tells you that Alliance is played by immature punks, you'll have an equal number that had the same experience Horde side. *shrug* That's life. You won't like every person you come across. Suck it up and all that, you know?

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nevar »

Nevar... I think it's the scar. I love the scar. <-- Sara that is SO true I love the scar ;)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Otterpops

Unread post by Otterpops »

I like both sides alot. Horde side on my server is very lonely. I never noticed the horde side quests being harder but my character there is just a baby. The racial traits seem a little lopsided though. It seems like it's easier to win as a horde.

Horde receive things such as damage done by pets increased by 5%, 5% damage bonus when fighting against beasts, reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%

Alliance side gets thing like.... move faster to your corpse when you're dead and 5 point skill bonus to jewelcrafting

yeaaaahhh! Might as well give 1 point toward fishing too :mrgreen: my alliance characters are jealous.
Sarayana

Otterpops wrote:I like both sides alot. Horde side on my server is very lonely. I never noticed the horde side quests being harder but my character there is just a baby. The racial traits seem a little lopsided though. It seems like it's easier to win as a horde.

Horde receive things such as damage done by pets increased by 5%, 5% damage bonus when fighting against beasts, reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%

Alliance side gets thing like.... move faster to your corpse when you're dead and 5 point skill bonus to jewelcrafting

yeaaaahhh! Might as well give 1 point toward fishing too :mrgreen: my alliance characters are jealous.
Haha yeah. Well I'd be very surprised if they aren't giving all the racials an overhaul. If not, the worgen and goblins are going to be very, very overpowered. And lucky. I mean, always getting exalted-level discounts, having a traveling bank with you, an extra weapon always on hand (and very engineering-like too...), built-in rocket boots... And that's just goblin! @_@